02-25-10, 03:59 PM
Samoas = Check
3 boxes of Thin Mints = Check
1 box of Tag Alongs = Check

Commence cookie overload.:)

Elmo T
02-25-10, 04:18 PM
I am not allowed near the girl scouts - those selling cookies. :saywhat:

Last year I was home alone when they stopped. "Hmmm, A couple of the coconutty ones, mints - sure, we all love peanut butter, lemon is good...."

My wife was the only one home when the cookies were delivered. Something like $45 for cookies. :rofl:

Sean Malone
02-25-10, 05:03 PM

Last year I was home alone when they stopped. "Hmmm, A couple of the coconutty ones, mints - sure, we all love peanut butter, lemon is good...."

My wife was the only one home when the cookies were delivered. Something like $45 for cookies. :rofl:

My wife bought an armful too this year. We get the high pressure sales from the parents in our offices. Since I brought mine load home, she kept hers at the office. I asked her last night how many cookies she ate during the day...her answer "I'm not tellin'". :D

emjaya
02-25-10, 05:06 PM

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:SqB_yFJupfzD-M:http://msp254.photobucket.com/albums/hh120/joshlewie/Misc/cookie-monster.jpg

dando
02-25-10, 05:10 PM
I've heard about guys like you....you start off with the Thin Mints, and then the Samoas, and pretty soon your strung out on Lemon Cremes and Tagalongs. :shakehead :gomer: :p Sad part is I don't eat sweets (I'm sweet enough as I am as I tell my wife :gomer:), but I order about the same amount of cookies. However, I have been known to scarf an entire sleeve of Thin Mints in a sitting...especially if they are frozen. :eek: Also, Thin Mint ice cream is just plain evil. Evil. :saywhat:

-Kevin

Gnam
02-25-10, 05:21 PM
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:SqB_yFJupfzD-M:http://msp254.photobucket.com/albums/hh120/joshlewie/Misc/cookie-monster.jpg

Not anymore. Cookie is on the wagon.

http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/3290/003fruitedcm.jpg

Trefoils. :thumbup:

Michaelhatesfans
02-25-10, 05:51 PM
My daughter's Brownie troop has been keeping everyone in our area hooked up. We've got cases of cookies in our spare room (waaaaaay off limits for me) waiting for distribution.

I keep telling the troop leader that neighbors, grandparents and co-workers are fine, but if you want to be troop of the year, you need to go where the stoners are.

Michaelhatesfans
02-25-10, 05:52 PM
I am not allowed near the girl scouts...

Ankle bracelet?

Things can be taken out of context so easily...;)

Methanolandbrats
02-25-10, 05:54 PM
Cookies suck. They should sell micro brew sampler packs from different regions of the country. :thumbup:

indyfan31
02-25-10, 05:57 PM
Cookies suck. They should sell micro brew sampler packs from different regions of the country. :thumbup:

Have you tried dunking the cookies in the beer? Don't knock it. :rofl:

1 ea. of:
tagalongs
thin mints
dulce de leche.

TrueBrit
02-25-10, 06:00 PM
Ankle bracelet?

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Elmo T
02-25-10, 06:33 PM
Ankle bracelet?

I just serve them up, I'll let you hit them out of the park. ;):thumbup:

TKGAngel
02-25-10, 07:55 PM
The ankle biting cookie enablers were let loose on our area after Thanksgiving. You couldn't walk into a mall between Thanksgiving and Christmas without being assaulted by a troop of Brownies peddling cookies. I'm helpless, and just finished off the last box of the lemons.

emjaya
02-25-10, 08:54 PM
Not anymore. Cookie is on the wagon.

http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/3290/003fruitedcm.jpg

Trefoils. :thumbup:

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4007/4360560509_8beddd33f5.jpg

TravelGal
02-25-10, 09:21 PM
^^^ I agree with picture #2. :laugh:

We're now dialed in to the fruit slices off season (what happened to the chocolate malt balls this year???) and the cookies in season. Actually, the two seasons tend to meld because I buy so many of each. I just ate the last two orange slices today.

IlliniRacer
02-26-10, 02:38 AM
As an FYI - Dollar General sells generic versions of Samoas, Thin Mints and Tag Alongs that taste just like the real things.

Also as an FYI - I can neither confirm nor deny that I routinely eat an entire box of the faux Samoas after every trip to DG

Anteater
02-26-10, 10:41 PM

That would be 11 boxes of cookies. Way to go, ElmoT! :D:thumbup:

We have 2 boxes of Thin Mints and 2 boxes of Peanut Butter Patties. Yum!

SurfaceUnits
02-27-10, 01:08 PM
Girl Scout Cookie Recall On Chalet Creme

http://www.newsoxy.com/images/girl-scout-recall.jpg

Little Brownie Bakers have confirmed a Girl Scout cookie recall for certain Chalet Creme products.
Girl Scout cookie recall is something you don't usually hear about. Little Brownie Bakers recently reviewed consumer complaints about a bad taste and smell from certain packages of Lemon Chalet Creme cookies. It was determined that oils in the product may be breaking down.

The company is asking that the Girl Scout councils to collect and return the specified product. They will also provide a replacement product to give consumers.

oddlycalm
02-27-10, 05:57 PM
My daughter's Brownie troop has been keeping everyone in our area hooked up. We've got cases of cookies in our spare room (waaaaaay off limits for me) waiting for distribution.

I keep telling the troop leader that neighbors, grandparents and co-workers are fine, but if you want to be troop of the year, you need to go where the stoners are.
I came to serious grief as a kid when my sister's troop was doing the distribution and my friends and I scarfed on many boxes of impossible to resist cookies sitting defenseless in the garage. :eek::gomer: Cost a small fortune to pay for the missing boxes.

Good call on the stoners. That's the way to sell Thin Mints by the case lot. :thumbup:

oc

G.
02-27-10, 09:38 PM
Good call on the stoners. That's the way to sell Thin Mints by the case lot. :thumbup:

ocYou can sell all sorts of stuff to stoners. :laugh:

datachicane
02-27-10, 11:16 PM
1x Samoas
1x Tagalongs
1x Dulce de Leche
2x Thin Mints

It's a start.

TravelGal
02-28-10, 03:24 AM
Five boxes here as well. Like datac said, it's a start. :D

oddlycalm
02-28-10, 05:04 PM
You can sell all sorts of stuff to stoners. :laugh:
Yes, but MHF is right to point out that this key piece of critical piece of information needs to be passed to the next generation. :D

oc

TravelGal
02-28-10, 10:02 PM
Girl Scout Cookie Recall On Chalet Creme

http://www.newsoxy.com/images/girl-scout-recall.jpg

Little Brownie Bakers have confirmed a Girl Scout cookie recall for certain Chalet Creme products.
Girl Scout cookie recall is something you don't usually hear about. Little Brownie Bakers recently reviewed consumer complaints about a bad taste and smell from certain packages of Lemon Chalet Creme cookies. It was determined that oils in the product may be breaking down.

The company is asking that the Girl Scout councils to collect and return the specified product. They will also provide a replacement product to give consumers.

Murph, smuch, crunch. Mine are fine. :) Although I did notice that the cranberry ones seems a bit stale. Little Brownie Bakers must have kept a few tons of these little bitty cookies from last year.

TravelGal
02-26-11, 08:37 PM
They're BAAAAAACK!

Five boxes on my kitchen counter.
Gallon of milk.
Mouth watering.
Ready, set, munch.

dando
02-26-11, 09:13 PM
They're BAAAAAACK!

Five boxes on my kitchen counter.
Gallon of milk.
Mouth watering.
Ready, set, munch.

Damn. Still awaiting delivery of ours. However, I did discover a couple of boxes in the freezer when I reorganized it a few mos. ago. :thumbup: :D

-Kevin

racer2c
02-26-11, 10:16 PM
Wifey likes the new 'Thank You Berry Munch'. :)

G.
02-26-11, 11:06 PM
Managed to get by with only 5 boxes. Thank you Berry Munch seem to be stale, but I'll muscle through. :thumbup:

Miss the lemon creme things from a few years back. :(

TravelGal
02-27-11, 03:33 AM
Managed to get by with only 5 boxes. Thank you Berry Munch seem to be stale, but I'll muscle through. :thumbup:

Miss the lemon creme things from a few years back. :(

I reread last year's comments and see that I thought the same thing last year. Must be something about the way they are manufactured.

As this is one of the MORE important (to me) topics that we discuss, I took a look around girlscoutcookies.org. The main page says "Note: Not all cookies are available in all areas. GS councils work with one of the two bakers and carry that line of cookies only."

Then I clicked on "Meet the Cookies." No, I'm not kidding. Seems the lemon ones are still sold. So if you miss them, tell the local GS council.

Our kitchen now has a box of "Tagalongs" which means Little Brownie Bakers, which means there are Lemon Chalet Creams in my future. :D

TKGAngel
02-27-11, 12:21 PM
Wifey likes the new 'Thank You Berry Munch'. :)

She had better ration them. It was on the news a couple of weeks ago that the Scouts are going to reduce the number of varieties available for future cookie sales. The berry cookies were one of the ones mentioned as a casualty.

On an sorta-related note, I'm glad to see that Cookie Monster got to enjoy all the cookies made on a recent episode of Top Chef.

dando
02-27-11, 01:36 PM
On an also related note, the Scouts have apparently been evicted from selling them @ Kroger (Krogers if yer from oHIo). :confused:

-Kevin

Dvdb
02-27-11, 02:01 PM
7 boxes, 4 Thin Mints and 3 PB sandwich.

Apparently the St. Louis market switched bakers, and my discerning palate can tell a difference with the PB. Pretty bland.

Would it be wrong to dip them in actual peanut butter before consuming?

Insomniac
02-27-11, 04:59 PM
I never figured out what time of year they go on sale. No one has stopped by for the last couple of months.

dando
02-27-11, 07:33 PM
re: flavor, etc....they change formulas/recipes a couple of years ago to remove the trans fats. BIG difference in taste/longevity since then. Not only with the cookies, but with other tasty delights. :saywhat: And based on the giant kids I witnessed yesterday @ Magic Mountain, it's not doing any good. :shakehead

-Kevin

TravelGal
02-27-11, 09:15 PM
You got that right. ^^^^

Now in possession of a box of Lemon Chalets to add to my cache. Mmmmmm.

cameraman
02-28-11, 12:22 AM
And based on the giant kids I witnessed yesterday @ Magic Mountain, it's not doing any good. :shakehead

Well it ain't my kid. He's six and I'm having a hell of a time finding pants that won't fall off his skinny ass. Many brands will literally just drop to the floor when I get a size long enough that they are not floods. I swear they have shifted the patterns to account for fatter kids.

He doesn't believe in the necessity of food as a general rule and the only Girl Scout cookie he will even consider eating is the thin mints. You can leave food, candy, hell damn near anything laying about the house and he just doesn't eat if he isn't truly hungry. It is quite common to find half cookies laying about the house. I've had to switch him to whole milk just so he'll maintain his weight. Currently he hovers around the 15th percentile on the BMI charts. A couple years ago it was the 4th percentile, that was too damn skinny. Generally it is a good thing but it is just amazing that a vending machine bag of Skittles can last well over a week.

An annoying side effect is, as he has no fat reserves to speak of, when he finally does get hungry he wants the food immediately. He gets hypoglycemic if you are not careful and man that makes for a grouchy kid.

dando
02-28-11, 12:52 AM
Well it ain't my kid. He's six and I'm having a hell of a time finding pants that won't fall off his skinny ass. Many brands will literally just drop to the floor when I get a size long enough that they are not floods. I swear they have shifted the patterns to account for fatter kids.

He doesn't believe in the necessity of food as a general rule and the only Girl Scout cookie he will even consider eating is the thin mints. You can leave food, candy, hell damn near anything laying about the house and he just doesn't eat if he isn't truly hungry. It is quite common to find half cookies laying about the house. I've had to switch him to whole milk just so he'll maintain his weight. Currently he hovers around the 15th percentile on the BMI charts. A couple years ago it was the 4th percentile, that was too damn skinny. Generally it is a good thing but it is just amazing that a vending machine bag of Skittles can last well over a week.

An annoying side effect is, as he has no fat reserves to speak of, when he finally does get hungry he wants the food immediately. He gets hypoglycemic if you are not careful and man that makes for a grouchy kid.

I hear ya. Ours are close to that. DD7 is perhaps 50%tile. DD4 is about 75%tile. We keep them active...some of the kids I witnessed the past few weeks will be appearing on The Biggest Loser in the next 10+ years. :saywhat:

-Kevin

Indy
02-28-11, 09:30 AM
Mine is skinny AND he eats like a ravished grizzly. Agreed that the kids clothing sizes have been "fatted up."

I wonder what other parents are doing to make their kids so fat? Is it what they feed them (we stick to healthy foods), or is it sheer quantity?

dando
02-28-11, 09:54 AM
Mine is skinny AND he eats like a ravished grizzly. Agreed that the kids clothing sizes have been "fatted up."

I wonder what other parents are doing to make their kids so fat? Is it what they feed them (we stick to healthy foods), or is it sheer quantity?

I'm guessing fast food is a big part of the problem. We only do fast food once or twice a month if that much. Otherwise, I cook most meals @ home.

-Kevin

Elmo T
02-28-11, 10:24 AM
I Otherwise, I cook most meals @ home.

-Kevin

And by cook, you mean cook. :thumbup:

Nuking chicken fingers and ready-made meals is not cooking. :saywhat:

More often than not, I am cooking a dinner for everyone. On occasion, there is take-out Chinese food or a pizza. But we try to steer clear of the ready-made crap.

My kids would rather "naan bread pizza", where I put sauce and cheese on the naan bread and bake, over frozen pizza any day. And it takes the same amount of time.

I think the bigger issue is the lack of exercise (outside play).

dando
02-28-11, 10:40 AM
And by cook, you mean cook. :thumbup:

Nuking chicken fingers and ready-made meals is not cooking. :saywhat:

More often than not, I am cooking a dinner for everyone. On occasion, there is take-out Chinese food or a pizza. But we try to steer clear of the ready-made crap.

My kids would rather "naan bread pizza", where I put sauce and cheese on the naan bread and bake, over frozen pizza any day. And it takes the same amount of time.

Yes. We were uber nerds when Carolanne was born and made most of her baby food. :saywhat: We slacked off on that when Katherine was hatched. :irked: We did nuggets and dogs for awhile until I started family dinners and then Meg watched the Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution series. The sad part is that we were @ in indoor play gym, so these obese kids were actually playing. I'm just happy that our girls are open to most foods as compared to the germ infested cousins from Cleveburg that only eat nuggets and dogs. :shakehead BTW, I did bake a Newman's Own frozen pizza the other night and it was quite good.

-Kevin

Elmo T
02-28-11, 10:47 AM
BTW, I did bake a Newman's Own frozen pizza the other night and it was quite good.

-Kevin

Yes, my foodie kids LOVE the "race car guy" pizza - if it has to be frozen pizza then that is the one. And the race car guy lemonade and salsa and cookies, etc, etc.

extramundane
02-28-11, 11:13 AM

That's a big one. And it certainly doesn't help that schools all over the place are eliminating/reducing structured PE classes as well as unstructured outdoor time.

It amazes me that schools/educators don't seem to (or want to) recognize that nutrition, exercise and discipline are all interrelated, but that's for another thread I s'pose.

Andrew Longman
02-28-11, 11:34 AM
Saw this and figured it belonged here http://savannahnow.com/news/2011-02-26/savannah-rule-bans-cookie-sales-girl-scouts-home

I had Interback Foods as a client for years at my old employer. They make the Girl Scout cookies. They sent cases of them to our office as thanks every year.

:D

extramundane
02-28-11, 12:09 PM
Saw this and figured it belonged here http://savannahnow.com/news/2011-02-26/savannah-rule-bans-cookie-sales-girl-scouts-home

I had Interback Foods as a client for years at my old employer. They make the Girl Scout cookies. They sent cases of them to our office as thanks every year.

:D

Funny about Interbake- they had a huge factory here, which at one point baked most of the GS cookies. A developer rolled in and convinced them to close and sell the factory, because it would be too expensive to renovate and immensely more valuable as condos. Predictably, it's been vacant and falling apart ever since. :rolleyes:

G.
02-28-11, 12:59 PM

My youngest son (7) is rail thin. About the only "healthy" food he will eat a LOT of is steak. He'll pound down a ribeye faster than I can cut. Then he'll show me how much he grew after dinner. :D Gets expensive.

I've got 2 tall, skinny g's, and 2 that are (legitimately) obese.

The 2 obese g's have a genetic defect that causes this (srsly) and a whole bunch of other issues. I could feed them low-fat birdseed and they'd gain weight.

Not sure why this is interesting, nor what it has to do with GS cookies, but there it is. :laugh:

Insomniac
02-28-11, 01:00 PM

I'm going to guess they're doing calories in < calories out. :) A lot of food people seem to like are "dense" in calories. I wonder how much is exercise. I think a lot.

Andrew Longman
02-28-11, 01:58 PM
Funny about Interbake- they had a huge factory here, which at one point baked most of the GS cookies. A developer rolled in and convinced them to close and sell the factory, because it would be too expensive to renovate and immensely more valuable as condos. Predictably, it's been vacant and falling apart ever since. :rolleyes:The new plant out in Front Royal does have the advantage of being better located for shipping. I81 corridor much better than I95 for both truck and intermodal truck/train.

But back in 2004 or 05, whenever that move was done, surely someone should have questioned whether the world, or Richmond, needed another condo development. Seems pretty obvious now/ :shakehead

TravelGal
06-18-14, 04:47 PM
I can't believe there hasn't been a post in this thread for 3 years. What have we all been DOING with our lives?

Anyway, just came to say that I finished this year's cookies today. Looking forward to next year already.

Still working on the Hallowe'en candy though. I think that stuff multiplies in the closet.

Dvdb
06-18-14, 07:09 PM
"Found" a box of thin mints in the freezer yesterday. I knew they were there and that I had hidden them. Passed on the minty goodness and had an Edy's pineapple fruit bar instead. Healthier?

nrc
06-18-14, 08:22 PM
"Found" a box of thin mints in the freezer yesterday. I knew they were there and that I had hidden them. Passed on the minty goodness and had an Edy's pineapple fruit bar instead. Healthier?

Of course not. Who knows what's in those "pineapple" fruit bars. Girl Scout cookies are made with real Girl Scouts.

TravelGal
02-10-17, 05:15 PM
It's February and you know what that means. Time to finish up that Hallowe'en candy and load up on Girl Scout COOKIES! We're heading out this afternoon to beat the crowds at the local Albertson's. ;) If you are undecided, watch this video. It might help. At least it will help your general mood for the day. http://distractify.com/humor/2017/01/26/girl-scout-cookie-pitch

dando
02-10-17, 10:46 PM
It's February and you know what that means. Time to finish up that Hallowe'en candy and load up on Girl Scout COOKIES! We're heading out this afternoon to beat the crowds at the local Albertson's. ;) If you are undecided, watch this video. It might help. At least it will help your general mood for the day. http://distractify.com/humor/2017/01/26/girl-scout-cookie-pitch

Shizz...I already had my arm twisted by the GS Mafia. Looking forward to my S'Mores for a test drive. Although I don't eat sweets since I'm sweet enough as I am. :D Your state-by-state breakdown of GS cookie faves:

http://time.com/4663024/girl-scout-cookies-map/

EDIT: BTW, my fave is frozen Thin Mints. #confession ;)

Insomniac
02-11-17, 02:27 PM
Shizz...I already had my arm twisted by the GS Mafia. Looking forward to my S'Mores for a test drive. Although I don't eat sweets since I'm sweet enough as I am. :D Your state-by-state breakdown of GS cookie faves:

http://time.com/4663024/girl-scout-cookies-map/

EDIT: BTW, my fave is frozen Thin Mints. #confession ;)

Looks like they should just sell Samoas, Thin Mints and Tagalongs. Why do they need new flavors? :)

dando
02-11-17, 05:15 PM
Looks like they should just sell Samoas, Thin Mints and Tagalongs. Why do they need new flavors? :)

I kinda like the lemon thingies, but I also like to eat lemon wedges straight up. :) I'm not counting out the S'mores yet since they are new this year. But nothin' beats a couple (of sleeves :gomer: ) of Thin Mints on a toasty summer day. :thumbup: :thumbup:

TravelGal
02-11-17, 08:04 PM
Looks like SoCal is not on the cutting edge of cookies. No s'mores for us. We bought from two different troops at different locations and neither offered them. Therefore the kitchen now boasts 2 boxes of trefoils, 2 boxes of samoas, 2 boxes of the lemon thingies (I like them too; great with cold milk), and 2 boxes of Tagalongs. I'm leaving the thin mints for you, dando. ;)

TKGAngel
02-11-17, 10:08 PM

That Mike Rowe cookie video is hilarious. Last I had heard, the Girl Scout in question has sold over 20k boxes of cookies. :eek:

I have no cookie enablers at the office this year, so I guess I will have to grab a box or five when I see a booth at the mall.

dando
02-11-17, 11:31 PM
Looks like SoCal is not on the cutting edge of cookies. No s'mores for us. We bought from two different troops at different locations and neither offered them. Therefore the kitchen now boasts 2 boxes of trefoils, 2 boxes of samoas, 2 boxes of the lemon thingies (I like them too; great with cold milk), and 2 boxes of Tagalongs. I'm leaving the thin mints for you, dando. ;)

C'mon...NO THIN MINTS?!!!? Blaspheme! ;) They may have been testing the S'mores in these parts.

http://www.kansas.com/entertainment/restaurants/dining-with-denise-neil/article132008549.html

I'm still peeved that Kroger (Krogers if yer from oHIo) ditched the GS from selling them. :saywhat: :shakehead: :irked:

dando
02-11-17, 11:32 PM
That Mike Rowe cookie video is hilarious. Last I had heard, the Girl Scout in question has sold over 20k boxes of cookies. :eek:

I have no cookie enablers at the office this year, so I guess I will have to grab a box or five when I see a booth at the mall.

That's a bugger...they even added online enabling this year. :gomer: ;)

dando
02-16-17, 07:17 PM
I got yer Thin Mints, and raise a Caramel Crunch....

http://-).com/2016/10/24/girl-scout-cookies-cereal-coming-to-a-breakfast-table-near-you/

:)

Cookie pick up day was today. :D :thumbup: :)

TravelGal
02-17-17, 12:39 PM
I got yer Thin Mints, and raise a Caramel Crunch....

http://-).com/2016/10/24/girl-scout-cookies-cereal-coming-to-a-breakfast-table-near-you/

Cookie pick up day was today. :D :thumbup: :)

Server not found. Could be the hyphen. You just got yours? This is why we go for the sales in front of the grocery stores. Cash and carry. Got ours a week ago. (Anyone else remember Kash and Karry?)

dando
02-17-17, 02:01 PM
Server not found. Could be the hyphen. You just got yours? This is why we go for the sales in front of the grocery stores. Cash and carry. Got ours a week ago. (Anyone else remember Kash and Karry?)

Odd something munged the URL. It was a simple command A, command, followed by a command V. Try this one...

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/2016/10/24/general-mills-launching-girl-scouts-cookie-cereals/92706140/

Not in hand yet, but the pick up was at Maphre (Crew) Stadium yesterday. A few tons of the goodies were loaded and unloaded. :eek: Unfortunately, as I mentioned, Kroger (US #2 grocery chain) no longer has the GS selling stations, which is sad. :( I should have mine in hand tomorrow. I gave DD#2 Katherine Jane a Mr. Grant and told her 4 boxes for me, select the rest, and I'll drop them off at the local church food pantry.

Yeah, I remember a Kash and Karry or two around here (my dad was a thrifty grocery shopper). Pretty sure I shopped at one while at tOSU. I don't remember going to the grocery with my mom...I think that's where my grocery and other shopping skillz (aka: Mr. Thrifty) started. :) I also remember the local IGA. Last I knew there still one around these parts. Used to be many of them. Now you can't swing a dead cat here without hitting a Kroger (there are 4 of them w/in a ~5 mile radius in Dublin). Nuts. :\

dando
02-25-17, 12:13 PM
OK, I finally got my fix. S'mores are goo, but not great...as in frozen Thin Mint greatness. #evileyetoTG ;) :p I gave them a box of each to the DDs, and told to hide them from your mother. :) I'd rank them #3 behind Thin Mints and the Lemon Thingies. Sorry,TG, but frozen Thin Mints rock....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9aXaAHJkKA

pfc_m_drake
02-26-17, 01:23 PM
That 'Frozen' trailer was the reason behind why I wanted to see the movie. Then it turned out that wasn't even part of the movie at all - and the movie ended up being stupider than anybody could ever have imagined. And now we're left with Anna and Elsa present The Walt Disney World Resort, and say goodbye to everything else you ever liked - including Fairy Godmother lighting Cinderella's Castle at Christmastime.

And in other news, see the movie thread for my next post...

dando
02-26-17, 04:31 PM
That 'Frozen' trailer was the reason behind why I wanted to see the movie. Then it turned out that wasn't even part of the movie at all - and the movie ended up being stupider than anybody could ever have imagined. And now we're left with Anna and Elsa present The Walt Disney World Resort, and say goodbye to everything else you ever liked - including Fairy Godmother lighting Cinderella's Castle at Christmastime.

And in other news, see the movie thread for my next post...

Frozen was decent, and it has hooked kids like crack. Anna, Elsa, Olaf, Sven, and Prince Whatchmcallit. Funny thing is that Di$ney had no idea what they had in their $$$$ grubbing hands. My last visit in 2013, there was almost nothing available for Frozen merchandise. I took the DDs to see it like a week later, and they were hooked. I had to scrounge like crazy to find Frozen stuff for that Xmas. I managed to find Sven and Olaf, and later Anna and Elsa. Now, you can't swing a dead cat w/o finding Frozen all over WDW, etc. Personally, I like Up! and not just because one of the main characters in named Kevin. ;)

But ya gotta admit the song 'In Summer' is good, otherwise 'Let It Go'. ;)

dando
02-26-17, 04:55 PM
Somehow I managed not to eat a sleeve of Thin Mints, but the freezer is full. :(

Gnam
02-27-17, 03:40 AM
The cookie of choice this year is the Samoa. The trick is to just have one. Makes it taste better somehow.

dando
02-27-17, 04:08 AM
The cookie of choice this year is the Samoa. The trick is to just have one. Makes it taste better somehow.

Nuh uh...you can't have just one...sleeve. ;). Years ago, when I blew out my Blaupunkt head unit, I was told it's like chips....you have to have more than one. Wiring issue...don't ask. :irked: :saywhat: Let's just say don't try to turn it up to 11. Or do a Back2 The Future repro. :gomer: ;)

dando
03-04-17, 10:13 AM
I am officially calling out TG for making me eat a box of S'mores in two days. :gomer: ;) :D

dando
03-04-17, 11:44 AM
OK, I blame TG for this....I got hit up by the GS Mafia at Kroger (yes, they are back :thumbup: ). So I got hit up for another 4 boxes. Sometimes you can't just say no to little girls. The girl that did the transaction almost handed me back what I paid for the transaction, so I waited until she got the change $$$$ right (womin folk have a difficult counting $$$$ :gomer: ), and I told her that's great...keep the change in the till. :)

TravelGal
03-04-17, 12:25 PM
I am officially calling out TG for making me eat a box of S'mores in two days. :gomer: ;) :D

Thank you, thank you. All in my job of supporting the GS. :D

OK, I blame TG for this....I got hit up by the GS Mafia at Kroger (yes, they are back :thumbup: ). So I got hit up for another 4 boxes. Sometimes you can't just say no to little girls. The girl that did the transaction almost handed me back what I paid for the transaction, so I waited until she got the change $$$$ right (womin folk have a difficult counting $$$$ :gomer: ), and I told her that's great...keep the change in the till. :)

Good for you for buying more. I've been looking for the little ones around here to get a few more boxes even though I've still got some on the shelf. Don't be an ass about womin folk. Would you like it if we said your girls were incapable?

dando
03-04-17, 01:16 PM
Don't be an ass about womin folk. Would you like it if we said your girls were incapable?

Oh, no...I teach and teach and teach. I started the allowance policy with chores as well as teaching cooking lessons and gardening. :)

dando
03-25-17, 09:34 PM
http://www.nbcnews.com/better/diet-fitness/girl-scout-cookies-ranked-better-worst-n737381

Really?!? Who's eating these for better health reasons????

http://www.nbcnews.com/better/diet-fitness/girl-scout-cookies-ranked-better-worst-n737381

:gomer: