PDA

View Full Version : McNutty chimes in about the Canadian GP...

devilmaster
02-19-10, 06:00 PM
http://www.torontosun.com/sports/othersports/2010/02/18/12938546-qmi.html

The new boss of the Grand Prix of Canada chose his words carefully Thursday.

Francois Dumontier was in Toronto to promote the return of Formula 1 racing to Montreal’s famed Circuit Gilles Villeneuve.

Dumontier, who took control of the race from the legendary iron-fisted Normand Legault, knows that for the first time in decades he has a sales job on his hands to get back the 110,000 or so race fans who had flocked to Ile Notre Dame track every year prior to last season’s cancellation.

oddlycalm
02-19-10, 09:32 PM
While I realize all of the reasons why having it as Mosport doesn't work I can't help thinking about what F1 cars on an updated track there would be like. Sigh...

oc

pchall
02-19-10, 09:36 PM
While I realize all of the reasons why having it as Mosport doesn't work I can't help thinking about what F1 cars on an updated track there would be like. Sigh...

oc

There's no room for sentimentality in F1. Bernie needs all the space in his wallet for the money.

mueber
03-02-10, 06:30 PM
I went two years ago and had a wonderful time. I would like to go this year, but I cannot justify the expense. I can find the money, but scrimping and saving to buy $300.00 tickets seems really dumb right now. I may give it another go when my finances improve.