PDA

View Full Version : More nutty Texan shizzle

dando
02-18-10, 02:01 PM
:saywhat: :shakehead

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,586581,00.html

A small single-engine plane crashed into a seven-story office building in Austin, Texas, around 10 a.m. local time Thursday.

An NTSB official told Fox News that they are investigating this as an intentional act, and said it appears the pilot set his own house on fire and then got in his plane and flew it into the building. An NTSB spokesman, however, told FoxNews.com that "we can't confirm any of that."

Authorities said they have identified the pilot, but are not yet releasing the name.

:mad:

-Kevin

Elmo T
02-18-10, 02:08 PM
My only hope is that, given all the shenanigans involved here, he only took himself out. :irked:

KLang
02-18-10, 02:17 PM
CNN says 199 IRS employees in that building.

dando
02-18-10, 02:20 PM
CNN says 199 IRS employees in that building.

What's a CNN? :gomer: ;) I heard that only one person was unaccounted for so far.

-Kevin

Elmo T
02-18-10, 03:46 PM
CNN - reporting what the other "affiliate" stations are saying. Then they cut off the dude who was at the first dwelling fire, only to come back to him later once they realized the connection.

EDIT - Suicide note is up on the web now. I guess he showed them.:irked::rolleyes::shakehead

Gnam
02-18-10, 03:50 PM
I was surprised by the amount of damage that little plane created.
I wonder if he topped up his fuel tanks.

Hope everyone got out ok.

Ankf00
02-18-10, 03:59 PM
Crash in Palo Alto yesterday with some Tesla bigwigs too

Ankf00
02-18-10, 05:47 PM
turns out he was originally a SoCal twit who hated Austin and got into it w/ the IRS after he tried to use some loophole to evade taxes.

bloody californians!

huge thread on shaggy, including his manifesto suicide note

http://i865.photobucket.com/albums/ab214/yakfiend/firemans.jpg

Elmo T
02-18-10, 06:00 PM
Slightly OT - I was working last night and listened to our PD respond to a suicide call. Distraught young daughter was on the line with 911, Dad had committed suicide in the basement. :(

It is interesting and somewhat sad to see the hand wringing as everyone tries to understand the "why". Read this guy's note. The why is that these folks are very sick. Sane folks can't understand the why because they are sane.

This has nothing to do with the IRS and everything to do with a very sick man.

dando
02-18-10, 07:10 PM
Crash in Palo Alto yesterday with some Tesla bigwigs too

Which resulted in a change to our corporate travel policy today.

-Kevin

emjaya
02-18-10, 07:29 PM
The Smoking Gun has his letter up on their site. Here. (http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2010/0218102stack1.html)

Elmo T
02-18-10, 08:06 PM

-Kevin

Has there not previously been a history of corporate crashes taking out multiple execs?

dando
02-18-10, 08:19 PM
Has there not previously been a history of corporate crashes taking out multiple execs?

Yes, but we were freshly spun off and are now being run by a gaggle of former Googlers.

-Kevin

Indy
02-19-10, 12:52 PM
I am not sure why this sort of thing doesn't happen more often. There are many people out there who experience injustice, and there are many people out there who are very unbalanced. You would think the intersection of the two would lead to this sort of result, but apparently most such people lack the intelligence or imagination to plan something dramatic.

SteveH
02-19-10, 01:08 PM
Some of those people have been known to wreck racing series.

Indy
02-19-10, 01:20 PM
^^^ Very good point. :tony:

datachicane
02-19-10, 05:17 PM
I am not sure why this sort of thing doesn't happen more often. There are many people out there who experience injustice, and there are many people out there who are very unbalanced. You would think the intersection of the two would lead to this sort of result, but apparently most such people lack the intelligence or imagination to plan something dramatic.

According to Mr. Stack's own screed, the only injustice he appears to have suffered is to have been caught in multiple tax evasion schemes. With the scope of real injustice in the world, you'll pardon me if I have less than zero patience for his application of the word.

oddlycalm
02-19-10, 05:57 PM
I hope the new policy covers idiotic decisions like making an instrument departure (below VFR visibility; minimums for visual flight rules) in general aviation aircraft. :shakehead No matter how important the trip seems, it's not worth dying over.

oc

Ankf00
02-19-10, 05:59 PM
I hope the new policy covers idiotic decisions like making an instrument departure (below VFR visibility; minimums for visual flight rules) in general aviation aircraft. :shakehead No matter how important the trip seems, it's not worth dying over.

oc

I look at the bright side, with one chief EE of power systems gone, that means some people need to start getting promoted upwards in San Carlos to fill the gaps, which means there might be a sr. power systems packaging position open now :D

oddlycalm
02-20-10, 07:06 PM
I look at the bright side, with one chief EE of power systems gone, that means some people need to start getting promoted upwards in San Carlos to fill the gaps, which means there might be a sr. power systems packaging position open now :D

Yep, sad truth that the job market has become like the NYC apartment market where you scan the obituaries to look for openings. :\

oc