PDA

View Full Version : NFL 2010 Offseason

Pages : [1] 2 3

WickerBill
02-17-10, 01:42 PM
Time for a new thread, discussing player signings, the combine, the draft, and Bengals going to jail.

But for some respite for Bengals fans, Stallworth signs with the Ravens!

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/football/nfl/02/17/stallworth/index.html?eref=sihp

(sorry for linking a Peter King article -- I need a shower)

dando
02-17-10, 02:05 PM
Time for a new thread, discussing player signings, the combine, the draft, and Brent Favre's future.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/football/nfl/02/17/stallworth/index.html?eref=sihp

(sorry for linking a Peter King article -- I need a shower)

Fixed. :) The Stallworth signing is not unexpected. The first place I heard he would land was Bmore.

-Kevin

nrc
02-18-10, 01:00 AM
Time for a new thread, discussing player signings, the combine, the draft, and Bengals going to jail.

So far this year the Bengals are tied with the Colts at one arrest each. The Bengals under-achieved last year with just one arrest so they're ahead of last year's pace just two months in.

For some reason a lot of Bengals fans seem to think they need to draft defense in the first round. To me it's obvious that with the loss of Henry and still no answer at tight end they need another receiving threat first and foremost. On defense if they re-sign Roy Williams and Tank Johnson and get Odom back they already have better unit than the one they played most of this past season with.

WickerBill
02-18-10, 09:10 AM
The Bengals need a new QB coach, it seems. Carson has zero swagger, almost no confidence in his abilities (saying this as an outsider, but one who watched Carson intently as he torpedoed my fantasy season).

Did Manning get arrested and I didn't hear about it?

nrc
02-18-10, 10:15 AM
The Bengals need a new QB coach, it seems. Carson has zero swagger, almost no confidence in his abilities (saying this as an outsider, but one who watched Carson intently as he torpedoed my fantasy season).

I kind of agree. Rumor was that QB coach Ken Zampese was up for some OC job and I was thinking it might be a good change of scenery for Palmer to have someone different. Zampese has been his only pro QB coach and Palmer seems to be fading instead of progressing. You can blame some of that on coming back from injuries but he can be off target a whole game and then razor sharp for one or two series.

I think he tends to over think things and let bad plays bother him too much. He seems to stop looking for players who have let him down on a play or two.

Did Manning get arrested and I didn't hear about it?

10th string receiver Tajiddin Smith rang in the New Year with the first NFL arrest of the year.
http://www.theindychannel.com/sports/22106361/detail.html

Good source for everything NFL arrests:
http://legacy.signonsandiego.com/sports/nfl/arrests.html

dando
02-18-10, 10:35 AM
I kind of agree. Rumor was that QB coach Ken Zampese was up for some OC job and I was thinking it might be a good change of scenery for Palmer to have someone different. Zampese has been his only pro QB coach and Palmer seems to be fading instead of progressing. You can blame some of that on coming back from injuries but he can be off target a whole game and then razor sharp for one or two series.

I think he tends to over think things and let bad plays bother him too much. He seems to stop looking for players who have let him down on a play or two.

IMO, it was a combination of factors this past season: new WRs/losing Henry (no downfield threat), change of focus for the O, pre-season injury made the Nags and Clowns basically pre-season games for CP and the offense, thumb injury affected play action passing, and he's developed happy feet since the knee injury. All of the above factored into an up and down season. Plus, he was coming back from basically not playing for a season after the elbow injury. I don't think he's lost his swagger, as was shown with the game-winning drives he led several times throughout the season. I do think his confidence has been affected, tho....especially with the WRs he had after Henry's injury, and with Coles developing gator arms/hands of stone. :irked:

-Kevin

nrc
02-19-10, 10:37 AM
IMO, it was a combination of factors this past season:

etc.

Yeah, I've told that same story. And it's all true. But if you just look at Palmer's part and what he can do he hasn't come through consistently. Yeah, there are reasons but at some point if you're not doing your part reasons become excuses.

It's fine to point out that that Coles dropped some passes. But on the next play if the play call and coverage dictates it and he's open then it's the QB's job to put the ball on his numbers and expect him to catch it. Not ignore him or throw it five yards wide.

I'm not in the "Palmer is done" camp, I'm just saying that Palmer hasn't consistently played to his capability. Those comeback drives didn't happen because everyone else just suddenly stopped screwing up.

racermike
02-21-10, 05:27 AM
Well the player in NCAA that I have been watching close for a couple of years, probably has a good chance of getting picked by the Seahawks at #14

Running Back/Returner CJ Spiller from Clemson.

We will take probably someone big for offensive line early in 1st, and Spiller with the later pick in the 1st.

nrc
02-24-10, 11:01 PM
The Bengals will play the Cowboys in the Hall of Fame game this pre-season. Which means it's now 5 months and 15 days till football.

Update: the Redskins and Dolphins are tied at two arrests each.

Meanwhile, the Bengals added an "offensive quality control coach". Sounds like something they could use.

The job of the offensive quality control coach is heavily computer oriented with film breakdown of the Bengals and foes with analysis and input for short-term and long-term projects. He also helps various positions on the field during practice and is usually in the press box during games.

I wonder if there would be any market for the NFL to rent digital downloads of game film. I'd pay a typical PPV price for it. Usually I watch games twice to look at what's really happening and with TV coverage you sometimes can't even figure out coverages.

Don Quixote
03-09-10, 10:12 AM
Mike and Mike this morning were speculating that maybe the Bungles would pick up TO on a one year contract. Please make this happen. :laugh: :laugh:

WickerBill
03-09-10, 10:59 AM
Brandon Marshall to the Bengals is another hot rumor.

dando
03-09-10, 11:01 AM
Mike and Mike this morning were speculating that maybe the Bungles would pick up TO on a one year contract. Please make this happen. :laugh: :laugh:

Two words: Seneca. Wallace. :laugh: :p :gomer:

-Kevin

Don Quixote
03-09-10, 11:37 AM
Brandon Marshall to the Bengals is another hot rumor. Think of running TO, Marshall and Chad as your three wide outs. Too bad there is only one football.

dando
03-09-10, 12:28 PM
Think of running TO, Marshall and Chad as your three wide outs. Too bad there is only one football.

Dude, if they sign TO or BM, it will only be one of them. I'm not in favor of signing either, but the fact is WRs generally take a couple of years to develop and rarely contribute in their first year. :saywhat: That is unless Brett Favre is your QB. :gomer: Anything has got to be better than Coles as a #2 last season. :saywhat: :irked:

-Kevin

TKGAngel
03-09-10, 12:55 PM
No comments from the peanut gallery on Ochocinco doing Dancing With the Stars?

dando
03-09-10, 12:58 PM
No comments from the peanut gallery on Ochocinco doing Dancing With the Stars?

I know not of which you speak...Dancing with the Stars? :gomer: Hey, @ least he's not dancing with Gaylio. :D

-Kevin

Don Quixote
03-09-10, 05:30 PM
Two words: Seneca. Wallace. :laugh: :p :gomer:

-Kevin DA reportedly gone.

Ankf00
03-09-10, 08:01 PM
reports that Vince gonna done get paid tomorrow. 4+ mil roster bonus for 7.5 mil next year.

F U Jeff Fischer.

Ankf00
03-09-10, 08:02 PM
Think of running TO, Marshall and Chad as your three wide outs. Too bad there is only one football.

TO doesn't like Duck Tales either. Punkass.

Z3eVJdngQoE

talk is that Roy is out in DAL due to his guaranteed bonus for this season 9.5M. Miles Austin is #1 worthy, and a hell of a lot cheaper.

Gnam
03-15-10, 01:34 PM
49ers sign David Carr as backup QB to Alex Smith & deal former starting QB Shaun Hill a fate worse than death.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2010/03/15/SPEV1CFR6P.DTL

dando
03-15-10, 01:46 PM
DA reportedly gone.

Queen to the Nags to boot. Big Mike is turning over the roster biggie time.

-Kevin

Don Quixote
03-15-10, 02:03 PM
I don't know what to think about Brady Quinn. He obviously never had a chance with the Browns with no protection from that O-line and no wide receivers to throw to. Heck, when he did throw a good pass, Braylon Edwards would drop it! He may be a good system guy for the Donkeys.

dando
03-15-10, 02:08 PM
I don't know what to think about Brady Quinn. He obviously never had a chance with the Browns with no protection from that O-line and no wide receivers to throw to. Heck, when he did throw a good pass, Braylon Edwards would drop it! He may be a good system guy for the Donkeys.

I'm still trying to get over the $7m they are paying Delhomme next season. :eek:

-Kevin

Don Quixote
03-15-10, 02:52 PM
Its only money.

dando
03-15-10, 03:22 PM
Its only money.

And cheaper by the more INTs he throws. :gomer: :p

-Kevin

nrc
03-15-10, 03:43 PM
And in case anyone missed it the Bengals signed Antonio Bryant to a 4 year deal, so TO is out unless he's willing to work cheap.

They also resigned Tank Johnson to a multi-year deal and Roy Williams to a single year deal. Oh, and Dan "Hands of Stone" Coats.

If everyone comes back well from IR they should be set to draft for value rather than need.

dando
03-15-10, 04:05 PM
If everyone comes back well from IR they should be set to draft to replace Jerome Simpson and a TE.

Fixed that for ya. ;)

-Kevin

nrc
03-15-10, 11:22 PM
Fixed that for ya. ;)

-Kevin

If they need someone to fill his spot on the bench I can do that for lot less.

They've got Bryant for Coles, and Caldwell is a good third. Cosby, Purify, Jones, Davis, and Simpson will all be battling for spots. TE is more dicey but if Kelly doesn't retire I expect him back.

I think they're free to take value in the first round understanding that they need a TE and receiver sometime in the first four rounds.

dando
03-15-10, 11:32 PM
If they need someone to fill his spot on the bench I can do that for lot less.

They've got Bryant for Coles, and Caldwell is a good third. Cosby, Purify, Jones, Davis, and Simpson will all be battling for spots. TE is more dicey but if Kelly doesn't retire I expect him back.

I think they're free to take value in the first round understanding that they need a TE and receiver sometime in the first four rounds.

I hear ya. IMO, the needs are TE, WR and RB (not necessarily draftable in that order)...and some more help on the DL and a PK. :saywhat: :irked:

-Kevin

Gnam
03-23-10, 05:05 PM
Semi Sudden Death for playoff games that go to OT.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2010/03/22/sports/s120453D00.DTL&tsp=1

Instead of, "The first to team to score wins." The rule now reads:

Starting next season, if a team wins the coin toss and then kicks a field goal, the other team gets the ball. If the game becomes tied again after that next series, play will continue under the current sudden-death rules.

Should the team winning the toss immediately score a touchdown, then the game is over.

Flow chart! :gomer:

dando
03-23-10, 07:22 PM
Flow chart! :gomer:

You had just hope that Triplette doesn't Ref an OT game. :saywhat: :thumdown:

-Kevin

nrc
03-23-10, 07:50 PM
I can't believe that people actually watch "Dancing With The Stars". Not even Chelsie Hightower can make two hours of bad dance bearable. :saywhat:

Don Quixote
03-27-10, 09:57 AM
Bet you never would have guessed this. Bungles are "very interested" in Pacman Jones. :rofl:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5030959

nrc
03-27-10, 02:58 PM
The Bengals had Jones in for a work out earlier in the off season. If they were "very interested" they'd have done something already. It sounds like his agent is just trying to get some juice for a deal with the Lions.

What, nothing else going on in the AFC North?

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/images/200907/20090723brk_mf_roethlisberger_1_500.jpg

dando
03-27-10, 03:15 PM
What, nothing else going on in the AFC North?

Windmill Dork is just pizzled that he gets to see Brady Queen up close and in person more often with the Browncos. :D

-Kevin

Don Quixote
04-06-10, 01:47 PM
I need to not listen to sports talk radio during this time of year, as it's just bad for my blood pressure. This morning they were speculating that the Browns may use their number 7 pick to go after yet another golden domer qb. Yeesh. Surely Holmgren is smarter than that. :yuck:

dando
04-06-10, 02:06 PM
Surely Holmgren is smarter than that. :yuck:

Dude, have you seen his track record w/QBs? The only one he's had that was decent was already there when he arrived in GB.

-Kevin

racermike
04-06-10, 07:37 PM
Dude, have you seen his track record w/QBs? The only one he's had that was decent was already there when he arrived in GB.

-Kevin

Forgetting about Hasselbeck right? :saywhat:

Don Quixote
04-07-10, 03:05 PM
Maurice Clarett may be moved from prison to a halfway house today. Possible release in 6 months. Insert snarky Bengal reference here. :D

Don Quixote
04-07-10, 03:11 PM
ESPN blurb on Orton: blurb (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5060714)

There's things that I got to do to improve, obviously, or we would have been in the playoffs last year," Orton said.

http://www.lolcats.com/images/u/07/34/lolcatsdotcommr66uy3v4hahmpc6.jpg

dando
04-07-10, 03:27 PM
Forgetting about Hasselbeck right? :saywhat:

Never been a fan. *shrug* He's the left coast version of McNabb, IMO.

-Kevin

dando
04-07-10, 03:29 PM
Maurice Clarett may be moved from prison to a halfway house today. Possible release in 6 months. Insert snarky Bengal reference here. :D

Maybe Shanny will re-sign him...he hasn't collected enough crappy backs in DC yet. :gomer:

-Kevin

Hard Driver
04-07-10, 04:19 PM
Speaking of McNabb...

His trade to Washington will reveal if he is "over-rated" or not. I personally think he is decent, but not awsome. I mean when he has been out with injury, the Eagles did well with both AJ Feely and Garcia. Personally I am happy about Kold taking over the Eagles as an Eagles fan, I just don't think McNabb had the last bit of composure to win the big game.

So if he goes to Washington and pulls the team to the playoffs, and the Eagles falter, then his worth will be proven.

Ankf00
04-08-10, 05:59 PM
tiki's trading in his 8 months pregnant wife (with twins) for 20 something blondie who used to intern @ nbc & babysat for him

klassy. with a k.

Gnam
04-08-10, 06:11 PM
Hang on. Maybe it was his wife's idea to split up. For all we know, Tiki had no intention of leaving his wife and wanted to stay together...with both of them. ;)

The problem is now he doesn't have his wife as an excuse to fend off the intern. And, since they work together, say hello to 100% face time. :thumbup:

extramundane
04-08-10, 06:20 PM
tiki's trading in his 8 months pregnant wife (with twins) for 20 something blondie who used to intern @ nbc & babysat for him

klassy. with a k.

Is it wrong of me to feel schadenfreude watching a high school classmate and sandlot football rival start to crash & burn?

Aw, hell, even if it is, bring it on. :D

Ankf00
04-08-10, 06:59 PM
awesome. :laugh:

Don Quixote
04-08-10, 07:21 PM
I thought maybe his public persona was a little too perfect. What is it with these guys? Fame + fortune + success + beautiful wife and family = young blond intern??? Sneaky Tiki indeed.

Ankf00
04-08-10, 07:27 PM
gotta hand it to him though, at least he upgraded for top of the line ferrari, instead of Tiger hanging around the used car lot.

although, usually aren't people supposed to trade in the leased sports car for the paid in cash minivan as they get older, not the other way around?

cameraman
04-08-10, 07:55 PM
More like Tiger was hanging around the U-Pick auto parts field.

I hope Tiki Barber doesn't miss 2/3 or more of everything he ever owned...
Full support for four kids:eek:

nrc
04-08-10, 10:52 PM
I thought maybe his public persona was a little too perfect. What is it with these guys? Fame + fortune + success + beautiful wife and family = young blond intern??? Sneaky Tiki indeed.

Two words: Alien wizards (http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/267350).

extramundane
04-09-10, 08:29 AM
At least Tiki's wife can't take his Super Bowl ring.

But never mind the wife. Unless she's changed a lot since I last met her 17ish years ago, Tiki needs to worry more about his mother going all Elin on him with a golf club. :rofl:

nrc
04-12-10, 12:24 AM
Steelers trade Holmes to the Jets for a fifth round pick. Besides his nightclub troubles there's a rumour that he may be suspended four games for failing a drug test.

dando
04-12-10, 08:58 AM
Steelers trade Holmes to the Jets for a fifth round pick. Besides his nightclub troubles there's a rumour that he may be suspended four games for failing a drug test.

Thank you, Stealers. :gomer: :D Santonio. :shakehead :saywhat:

-Kevin

Don Quixote
04-12-10, 09:57 AM
Yikes, that is all he is worth, a fifth rounder? His off the field problems must be pretty bad to take him down that far. I always thought his PP (punk potential) was pretty high. And what is with the j-e-t-s-jets wanting him under those circumstances? :shakehead

dando
04-12-10, 10:36 AM
Yikes, that is all he is worth, a fifth rounder? His off the field problems must be pretty bad to take him down that far. I always thought his PP (punk potential) was pretty high. And what is with the j-e-t-s-jets wanting him under those circumstances? :shakehead

Hey, I'm just pizzled he didn't end up with the Bengals...perfect fit. :gomer: :saywhat:

Reports are that the Stealers just dumped him and sent a message to Big Ben. Frankly, they just created a huge hole in their O since they weren't deep @ WR to begin with and their running game pretty much sucked last season. :laugh: Perhaps TO to the Stealers is next. Replace a punk with a diva. :gomer:

Oh, and the J-E-T-S have a new stadium to open this season, so they prolly feel the pressure to make a splash (plus they were so close last season, the temptation to take a chance is high).

-Kevin

WickerBill
04-12-10, 02:47 PM
agree with dando (*gulp*) the Jets are making a run at it this season. Fifth round for a guy with 1300+ receiving yards who will be four games fresher in January? Gimme. If he screws up again, cut the ties, they only lost a fifth rounder. Man, the Jets have really been loading up.

dando
04-13-10, 09:57 AM
agree with dando (*gulp*) the Jets are making a run at it this season. Fifth round for a guy with 1300+ receiving yards who will be four games fresher in January? Gimme. If he screws up again, cut the ties, they only lost a fifth rounder. Man, the Jets have really been loading up.

Best team in the AFC now, IMO. The more I think about this move, it's genius...@ worst a solid veteran WR rental for a 5th rounder (since this the final year on his contract). WR was a need area for them, and it usually takes 2-3 seasons for WRs to payoff. Can't be any worse that Diva Bryant. :saywhat:

-Kevin

Don Quixote
04-14-10, 10:08 AM
This hurts me to say, but good move by the Donkeys in unloading Marshall. McDaniels is quietly getting rid of the bad guys and building a squad of coachable team players. I think he may be the first protege of Bill B. that is sticking to the plan. Good for him. (However, I still hate them).

WickerBill
04-14-10, 10:14 AM
Two second round picks -- very very good considering Holmes went for one fifth rounder. I thought for sure that would drive Marshall's price down.

Marshall needed to get out of town due to the Darrent Williams thing. He'll be great for the Dolphins, except twice a year against Revis.

Always good to have more picks.

dando
04-14-10, 10:37 AM
Arms race in the AFC East. :eek: IMO, the Holmes deal forced the Fishes to make a move and up the ante. Even more brilliant by the J-E-T-S.

-Kevin

TKGAngel
04-14-10, 12:33 PM
The rest of the division is making moves and the Bills continue to sit around and count Ralph's liver spots. When the big news coming out of One Bills Drive is that the new regime removed the 12 TVs from the weight room, you know you're in for it.

Anyone want Marshawn Lynch? He's available for a second round pick...

nrc
04-14-10, 12:44 PM
Always good to have more picks.

Especially second round picks. Still lots of talent available and you don't pay that first round price tag.

Don Quixote
04-14-10, 12:56 PM
... and the Bills continue to sit around and count Ralph's liver spots. :D

nrc
04-15-10, 09:12 PM
No charges for Big Ben. I suppose now we just wait for the lawsuit.

dando
04-16-10, 12:51 PM
No charges for Big Ben. I suppose now we just wait for the lawsuit.

No charges filed, but the details in the police report are pretty heinous. :saywhat: I suspect the victim has already been paid off.

-Kevin

Don Quixote
04-16-10, 02:32 PM
Agreed, Ben will be remembered most for this. Rooney's comments have not been real supportive also. I'm afraid he is a scumbag.

dando
04-16-10, 04:34 PM
Ginn to SF for a 5th rounder. :saywhat: or :laugh: :confused:

-Kevin

Gnam
04-16-10, 05:29 PM
I think you mean. :thumbup:

They wanted to fill the WR ranks before the draft so they have more opportunities to draft another QB. :gomer:

If this guy can return a single punt or kickoff for a touchdown then he was worth it.

Don Quixote
04-16-10, 06:14 PM
I like the coach at SF. I think he knows what he is doing. That is a nice deal. As for the fish, I am sure Brandon Marshall will keep his nose clean in Miami. :gomer:

TKGAngel
04-21-10, 01:54 PM
ESPN is reporting that Big Ben has a six week timeout and has to undergo a behavioral eval before he can come back.

Also, the local news is reporting that Pittsburgh would not have a problem with trading the QB if they received an offer that knocked their socks off.

dando
04-21-10, 02:22 PM
Also, the local news is reporting that Pittsburgh would not have a problem with trading the QB if they received an offer that knocked their socks off.

Buffalo. And lock your door. :gomer: :p

-Kevin

nrc
04-22-10, 10:31 AM

-Kevin

Oh, don't worry. Ben will make sure that the door is locked. :gomer:

Gnam
04-22-10, 11:44 AM
I was joking, but the Niners are seriously considering drafting a QB with their first pick. :shakehead

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2010/04/21/SP6U1D275G.DTL

TKGAngel
04-22-10, 12:53 PM

-Kevin

Please. The Bills have already said that they're not interested. Surprisingly, it's not for moral reasons...

I'm just amused by Colt McCoy's reaction to Buffalo. ("It's not cold here!")

Ankf00
04-22-10, 05:34 PM
If Colt ends up in Buffalo I'm going to die a little on the inside.

dando
04-22-10, 09:42 PM
nrc finally got the TE he's always wanted. :D :thumbup:

-Kevin

dando
04-22-10, 09:45 PM

I suspect Cleveburg in the 2nd. DIAF. :p

-Kevin

pchall
04-22-10, 09:54 PM

-Kevin

The overhyped guy from Oklahoma? Those damned Bangles haven't had a decent tight end they actually threw to since Dan Ross.

Maybe they can get Giliyard at wide receiver/kick return in the second round.

TKGAngel
04-22-10, 10:06 PM

Is it the team or the city that would cause you distress?

dando
04-22-10, 10:08 PM
WB gets Tebow. :rofl: :D :p

-Kevin

Ankf00
04-23-10, 01:06 AM
WB gets Tebow. :rofl: :D :p

-Kevin

i mean, really?

Gnam
04-23-10, 01:35 AM
Niners draft a Guard and a Tackle. Nice. :thumbup:

nrc
04-23-10, 01:57 AM

-Kevin

I'm very pleased. Big target, good hands, athletic, great work ethic. If he can block well enough to play on running downs he's going to be a big problem down the seam for a lot of teams. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

DLXZq7Rv_NY

chop456
04-23-10, 02:38 AM
Couldn't the Bengals have saved a lot of time and money by just drafting someone that's already in prison? :D

WickerBill
04-23-10, 09:18 AM
On the negative side:

This is really stupid. If they were going to take a QB, someone who would really excel almost immediately in the McDaniels/Patriots system, take McCoy! What a fit he would have been. Instead, they take someone in the first that they COULD have gotten in the second, and give up three draft picks for him. To top it off, most people think he won't excel. ARGHHHH

On the semi-somewhat-positivish side:

This is exactly, precisely, how I felt when the Colts drafted Edgerrin James instead of Ricky Williams. I was wrong then... please let me be wrong now (except I still want Colt McCoy to excel wherever he goes except Oakland)

Methanolandbrats
04-23-10, 09:19 AM
Couldn't the Bengals have saved a lot of time and money by just drafting someone that's already in prison? :D

:laugh:

Don Quixote
04-23-10, 10:20 AM
Couldn't the Bengals have saved a lot of time and money by just drafting someone that's already in prison? :D I assume they did their reseasrch and there are felony charges pending. :D

Don Quixote
04-23-10, 10:23 AM
(except I still want Colt McCoy to excel wherever he goes except Oakland) I am sensing McCoy in an orange helmet, say around pick #7 in the second round (God have mercy on his soul). :thumbup:

dando
04-23-10, 10:40 AM
I am sensing McCoy in an orange helmet, say around pick #7 in the second round (God have mercy on his soul). :thumbup:

I already called that one...McBoy to QB hell @ #38. :gomer:

-Kevin

nrc
04-23-10, 11:11 AM

I'm thinking that they should have gone with Leon Hall since it's evidently still 2007. :p

Don Quixote
04-23-10, 06:44 PM
Brownies didn't go for McCoy or Claussen at 38. I guess they will trade the Donkeys for Orton. :D

dando
04-23-10, 07:17 PM
Brownies didn't go for McCoy or Claussen at 38. I guess they will trade the Donkeys for Orton. :D

Wow. The pickle guy and McBoy are dropping like rocks. :eek:

-Kevin

Don Quixote
04-23-10, 07:21 PM
Clausen to Carolina. Thank you for taking him off the board.

Gnam
04-23-10, 08:08 PM
51. Minnesota Vikings -- RB, Toby Gerhart, Stanford

I was hoping the Niners would take him with their 49th pick. He'll have a good line in front of him at Minnesota though.

dando
04-23-10, 08:23 PM

So the Clowns trade up ahead of the Seahags to draft....a RB from Dayglo Orange. :laugh: The 'hags were the only place I could see McBoy going before the 3rd round...and they draft Golden Tate. :confused: Maybe TB @ #3 of the 3rd?

-Kevin

WickerBill
04-23-10, 08:32 PM
I think he's going to the Raiders now. Noooooooooooooooooo :(

dando
04-23-10, 09:41 PM
Right team, wrong pick #. :eek:

-Kevin

TKGAngel
04-23-10, 09:44 PM
Holmgren said earlier tonight that he was going to "try" for a QB. It's easy to try when one falls in your lap.

CJ Spiller was at the Sabres game tonight. Poor thing looked dazed and confused and in need of a good nap after his whirlwind 24 hours.

chop456
04-24-10, 07:25 AM
He's the next Ron Powlus, you know.