PDA

View Full Version : Toyota does NOT cheat....

Turn7
06-05-03, 06:14 PM
Tell that to Dodge. :D

http://customwire.ap.org/dynamic/stories/C/CAR_NASCAR_DODGE_DAVIS?SITE=TXHOU&SECTION=SPORTS&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

JoeBob
06-05-03, 06:19 PM
Or WRC

Wheel-Nut
06-05-03, 06:26 PM
How long before the NASCAR people figure out Toyota does not race just to say they race?

cart7
06-05-03, 07:14 PM
originally posted by wheelnut
How long before the NASCAR people figure out Toyota does not race just to say they race?

That's right. Toyota isn't done racing till the series they're in is a choking lifeless body gasping for breathe.

mapguy
06-06-03, 05:36 AM
Davis, who was one of Dodge's first car owners when it returned to Winston Cup racing in 2001, received substantial factory support from Dodge and had access to sensitive information, technology advances and competitive plans.

Technology advances? In NASCAR?

:gomer:

cart7
06-06-03, 08:38 AM
originally posted by mapguy v2.1
Technology advances? In NASCAR?

You know, torque wrenches with digital read-outs, "Aluminum" baseball bats for fender repairs, etc..... :laugh:

Wheel-Nut
06-09-03, 12:46 PM
This guy gets it.

Toyota / NASCAR (http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/nascar/6650/)

Treeface
06-09-03, 01:33 PM
"This guy gets it."
Yep. I wonder if GM's decision to bring the IRL engine development in house isn't a trial for what they're considering in NASCAR.

devilmaster
06-09-03, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by Wheel-Nut
This guy gets it.

Toyota / NASCAR (http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/nascar/6650/)

Yes he does.

I've always wanted to see what would happen if Fire/Bridgestone come to NASCAR. (yes I know, never in a million years) Something that I always remembered when FS first came back to CART. You could still pick up used Goodyears if you knew the team and such. Firestone never allowed their tyres to just be given away. They kept them, and it was part of their R&D to make better tyres. And we all knew where that led us.

If there is one racing series that might be able to survive the Toyota onslaught, it may be NASCAR. Hell, the Toyota guys will all have to take history classes just to learn how to build a tin-top from the ground up.

But the Toyota standard business practice of racing better than everyone else will soon bring them to the head of the pack. NASCAR and all the other manufacturers will get steam rolled, imo.

Steve

Joe in LA
06-10-03, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by Treeface
"This guy gets it."
Yep. I wonder if GM's decision to bring the IRL engine development in house isn't a trial for what they're considering in NASCAR.

If it is, NASCAR is going to have to put some serious penalties on the Toyota to slow it down enough. The new Chevy doesn't even seem to run as well as the prior engine.

cart7
06-10-03, 12:25 PM
Cup fans I talk to say they don't want a foreign manufacturer in the series AND they conclude that Toyota is one of the big factors in Carts demise. True or not, Toyota will change the face of NASCAR and it's sounding like they're getting help from the France family to boot. What's more interesting is that these same cup fans I talk too have absolutely no idea what's going on, even in the rumour mill. Many OW fans have far more knowledge of the stuff going on behind the scenes that the average Nascar fan. They pay so little attention to this kind of thing that's it's going to wind up smacking them right in the middle of the head.

oddlycalm
06-12-03, 06:23 PM
"had access to sensitive information, technology advances and competitive plans."

Vern 'n Earl learned 'em 'bout carburetors and them Dana solid axles. Nonna them Toyoda boyze wuz old 'nuff to have 'sperience with carbs, and the museum was the onliest place they'd seen um bufore.

oc