PDA

View Full Version : The Canuckolympic thread

Pages : [1] 2 3

dando
02-11-10, 04:09 PM
Time to start posting manlove for Bode Miller. :gomer: Sucks that Vonn may not be able to ski due to her bruised shin. :(

Let's light this flame already. :thumbup:

Oh, and Brian Burke can kiss my @ss for not including RJ Umberger on the US team. Prick. :irked: :thumdown:

-Kevin

Ankf00
02-11-10, 05:01 PM
you mean FIS Alpine World Cup champion Bode Miller? That one?

:gomer:

Hope he wins downhill with a miller lite can in his left hand:thumbup:

dando
02-11-10, 05:09 PM
Hope he wins downhill with a miller lite can in his left hand:thumbup:

Prolly something more like this:

http://www.thesharkguys.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/beerhat-772303.jpg

:gomer:

-Kevin

TedN
02-11-10, 06:28 PM
Time to start posting manlove for Bode Miller. :gomer: Sucks that Vonn may not be able to ski due to her bruised shin. :(

Let's light this flame already. :thumbup:

Oh, and Brian Burke can kiss my @ss for not including RJ Umberger on the US team. Prick. :irked: :thumdown:

-Kevin

Burke has far more important family matters on his mind at the moment.

Ted

dando
02-11-10, 07:07 PM
Burke has far more important family matters on his mind at the moment.

Ted

While I understand his situation, this decision was made months ago and is born from a feud with RJ while both were in Vancouver. :thumdown:

-Kevin

opinionated ow
02-11-10, 07:19 PM
Unbelievably Australia genuinely has a chance at 3 gold medals! :eek::thumbup:

TKGAngel
02-11-10, 07:31 PM

-Kevin

Switch RJ Umberger for Paul Gaustad and you'll see my pain.

Can't wait to catch curling again and ski-cross looks like fun as well. And it will be interesting to see whether I'll see the CTV coverage or if the bastidges will block it out. I like catching the Canadian coverage.

The concerts after the medal ceremonies each night look like they'd be a blast. BNL, Hedley, OLP, the Fray, Great Big Sea. All that's missing is The Hip.

dando
02-11-10, 07:39 PM
Can't wait to catch curling again

:thumbup:

-Kevin

dando
02-11-10, 07:40 PM

Which sports/events? :thumbup:

-Kevin

Kiwifan
02-11-10, 08:16 PM
I'm picking Beer Drinking, Pie Eating and Sheep Wrestling but I've been wrong before. ;)

Go Aussies! Go, go go Yeah Right!

See you in April. :D

Rusty.

Michaelhatesfans
02-11-10, 08:17 PM

You guys are going to be embarassed when your Olympians get out on the ice and realize that curling has nothing to do with chugging a can of XXXX.

:cool:

SteveH
02-11-10, 09:09 PM
I'm picking Beer Drinking, Pie Eating and Sheep Wrestling but I've been wrong before. ;)

:rofl::laugh::rofl: :thumbup:

TrueBrit
02-11-10, 10:25 PM
Looking forward to ski-jump and the biathlon. Of course watching Bode Miller sucking eggs (again) will be good fun...

dando
02-11-10, 10:47 PM
Looking forward to ski-jump

http://www.hobo-bonobo.co.uk/blogs/images/081120122032.jpg

:gomer: :p

-Kevin

opinionated ow
02-12-10, 01:31 AM
Which sports/events? :thumbup:

-Kevin

Women's snowboard half pipe-Torah Bright
Women's aerials-Lydia Lasilla and/or Jacqui Cooper
Men's moguls-Dale Begg-Smith

Ankf00
02-12-10, 02:31 AM
Looking forward to ski-jump and the biathlon.

The Mr. Bean of olympic competition is always epic.

Bode's such a spare, though, for sure!

Season Discipline
2003 Combined
2004 Giant Slalom
2004 Combined
2005 Overall
2005 Super-G
2007 Super-G
2008 Overall
2008 Combined

if only the POM's had something that could compete now that they no longer own africa or the raj :gomer:

__Faa87IQhk

-FA9f-4n2ME

you geezers couldnt hit runs half as steep :p

oddlycalm
02-12-10, 03:48 AM
you geezers couldnt hit runs half as steep :p
Rope tows didn't work on the big hills :gomer:

oc

Ankf00
02-12-10, 04:40 AM
:rofl:

dando
02-12-10, 10:11 AM
sjMsvSof5O8

I give him a 9.0.....he didn't quite stick the landing. :gomer:

-Kevin

Michaelhatesfans
02-12-10, 01:11 PM
I think you'd be safer at a WRC event than watching Bode come down the hill. Dude tends to suffer from understeer.

TKGAngel
02-12-10, 03:45 PM
Ruh-roh. Luger has life threatening crash (http://sports.espn.go.com/olympics/winter/2010/news/story?id=4909034)

Edit: Toronto media reporting he has passed. Crash video is on YouTube, but am not posting here. Think Krosnoff.

dando
02-12-10, 03:56 PM
Ruh-roh. Luger has life threatening crash (http://sports.espn.go.com/olympics/winter/2010/news/story?id=4909034)

When I saw the track being previewed the other, I wondered if there might be an incident like this. :(

-Kevin

Don Quixote
02-12-10, 03:58 PM
Damn, that does not sound good. :( Chest compressions and mouth to mouth = bad news.

dando
02-12-10, 04:28 PM
It's being reported that he passed away. :(

It was unclear how fast Kumaritashvili was going, although many sliders have exceeded 90 mph on this course. The track is considered the world's fastest and several Olympians recently questioned its safety. More than a dozen athletes have crashed during Olympic training.

:eek:

http://sports.espn.go.com/olympics/winter/2010/luge/news/story?id=4909034

-Kevin

Elmo T
02-12-10, 04:55 PM
I heard it was a 150kph off. :(

Sounds like there were a few other incidents on the course too.

Speed's TV spots for the truck race lead with the announcer talking about the wrecks THEN he mentions the racing. :rolleyes: No doubt there will be a few more viewers now for the luge runs. :thumdown:

dando
02-12-10, 05:32 PM
http://i.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2010/SPORT/02/12/olympic.luge.crash/story.luger.afp.gi.jpg

I don't want to see anymore than this. :( :eek:

-Kevin

Ankf00
02-12-10, 06:33 PM
bodies aren't supposed to stop that quickly. :yuck:

RIP

FTG
02-12-10, 07:28 PM
It is idiotic to have exposed poles that close to the track.

NASCAR fenced in its tracks decades ago. I didn't think it was possible to be decades behind NASCAR in terms of safety. I guess I was wrong.

Indy
02-12-10, 09:25 PM
Complete negligence on the part of the facilities/organizer.

There is no way they can use that run without modification.

And a big thanks to NBC for repeatedly showing the video and having to add the picture of the dying man. Blood sells, baby.

TKGAngel
02-12-10, 09:39 PM
I had seen the video early in the day, but the HD and the pictures were just too much.

I also find it amusing/insulting that NBC had to present a "this is Canada" primer, because apparently Canada is some foreign exotic land. It was like a bad version of Molson's I Am Canadian ad from a couple years ago.

BRI-A3vakVg

Ankf00
02-13-10, 12:37 AM
because apparently Canada is some foreign exotic land.

not everyone lives in a Toronto suburb :p

Don Quixote
02-13-10, 12:44 AM
Nice lip synching. I guess the canucks are going hollywood. :thumdown:

JoeBob
02-13-10, 01:28 AM
Am I the only one who had flashbacks to Jeff Krosnoff when seeing Kumaritashvili's crash? There's a lot of talk about the track being too fast, but the problem here was the same as the one in Toronto. You just can't have a a barrier left unprotected where a competitor can hit it.

Even at half the speed, that would not have ended well. You need to keep the competitors protected from impacts.

Ankf00
02-13-10, 01:34 AM
I like the part w/ the f'ing up of the flame & gretzky riding around in a chevy pickup.

klassy.

opinionated ow
02-13-10, 04:17 AM
Really Tragic. It seems to me that the banking from the corner stops about 100m short of where it should.

oddlycalm
02-13-10, 04:56 AM
Idiotic not to have some sort of wall (plexi like in hockey?) to keep the participants off the support poles. No excuses for that. :irked:

NBC gets the lowest common denominator award for the repeated slow motion and stop action video footage of an accident as well as the footage of the EMT's trying to revive the deceased athlete. Weak. :thumdown:

oc

TKGAngel
02-13-10, 10:26 AM
I like the part w/ the f'ing up of the flame & gretzky riding around in a chevy pickup.

klassy.

Gretzky was not doing a good job of hiding his panic when the fortress of solitude was taking longer than expected to rise up from the bowels of BC Place.

And Bobby Orr! :thumbup:

dando
02-13-10, 10:51 AM
NBC gets the lowest common denominator award for the repeated slow motion and stop action video footage of an accident as well as the footage of the EMT's trying to revive the deceased athlete. Weak. :thumdown:

oc

:flame: I was shocked. Unfortunately our 6 yo daughter saw it and kept asking about it as the athletes paraded. :( I wasn't quick enough on the trigger to switch it...partly because I was amazed that they showed it. :irked: :thumdown:

-Kevin

dando
02-13-10, 11:00 AM
No mention of King JV carrying the torch? And he managed not to wreck anyone else. :gomer: :D

-Kevin

opinionated ow
02-13-10, 11:05 AM
Bloody Channel Nine put that moron Eddie McGuire as their host. The guy has verbal diarrhoea and just doesn't understand that we don't like his inane drivel!

dando
02-13-10, 11:11 AM
E$PN mentions that the wall will be raised. Initial investigation blames the luger and not the track. :saywhat: :thumdown:

-Kevin

Mr. Vengeance
02-13-10, 11:33 AM
The opening ceremonies were embarrassing. Elvis did a nice job of "Hallelujah", though.

Elmo T
02-13-10, 11:37 AM
Front sports page of Philly Inquirer has 4 photo spread showing right up to, but just before, moment of impact.

I wasn't completely shocked to see it on the NBC broadcast - accompanied by the usual "graphic footage" statement. What shocked me was that they showed it again and again. :thumdown:

Indy
02-13-10, 11:40 AM
Yeah, I'm afraid Canada came across as a country of crazy hilljacks who can't make things work. :rofl:

Regarding the luger death, the Olympic officials are in full denial mode. Pathetic.

Mr. Vengeance
02-13-10, 11:45 AM
Yeah, I'm afraid Canada came across as a country of crazy hilljacks who can't make things work. :rofl:

Christ, half of us can't even show up on time. :laugh:

NismoZ
02-13-10, 02:36 PM
Yeah, the inquiry is complete and "it wasn't the track's fault." Sure, "luger error" to hit an exposed steel pillar inches from a 90mph turn. :shakehead

dando
02-14-10, 02:24 PM
Yeah, the inquiry is complete and "it wasn't the track's fault." Sure, "luger error" to hit an exposed steel pillar inches from a 90mph turn. :shakehead

The track's not @ fault, but they moved the starting line to the forward tees :gomer:, modified the final turn and extended the wall. :saywhat: :shakehead

-Kevin

TKGAngel
02-14-10, 03:26 PM
Watching the ladies moguls last night, I thought the CTV announcers were going to commit hari kari when the last American knocked the Canadian off the gold medal spot. What a great finish to that event!

And I love the big floofy couches for the top three participants!

dando
02-14-10, 05:32 PM
Watching the boy's luge now. That track is scary sick. :eek:

-Kevin

dando
02-14-10, 05:36 PM
Front sports page of Philly Inquirer has 4 photo spread showing right up to, but just before, moment of impact.

We had the same thing in our local rag. :saywhat: I could deal with the coverage of the incident, but the EMT replay was over the top. x11 :irked:

-Kevin

dando
02-14-10, 06:12 PM
The finish of the Nordic Combined was just awesome. :thumbup:

-Kevin

The Doctor
02-14-10, 06:23 PM
Agreed :thumbup: Team competition should be good for the Americans.

opinionated ow
02-14-10, 06:45 PM
Watching the ladies moguls last night, I thought the CTV announcers were going to commit hari kari when the last American knocked the Canadian off the gold medal spot. What a great finish to that event!

And I love the big floofy couches for the top three participants!

I love the Australian flag knee pads on our competitors! And how awesome did our just turned 15 little Aussie girl Brittney Cox do!

Ankf00
02-15-10, 04:17 AM
canada finally won. the men's moguls was pretty solid tonight

opinionated ow
02-15-10, 05:03 AM
canada finally won. the men's moguls was pretty solid tonight

Would have been more fun if the Canadian-Australian had won it :D

TKGAngel
02-15-10, 08:46 AM
Would have been more fun if the Canadian-Australian had won it :D

We were rooting for Canadian-Australian internet spammer guy. His reactions to everything on the big comfy couches were hilarious: the fake clapping, the I'm not moving from this spot body language. He was the best.

I did feel bad for the US dude who tumbled arse end over teacup into that sign.

And I just can't quit the figure skating. Sparkly blue latex suits, love affairs and clowns. What a night.

opinionated ow
02-15-10, 10:11 AM
We were rooting for Canadian-Australian internet spammer guy. His reactions to everything on the big comfy couches were hilarious: the fake clapping, the I'm not moving from this spot body language. He was the best.

I did feel bad for the US dude who tumbled arse end over teacup into that sign.

And I just can't quit the figure skating. Sparkly blue latex suits, love affairs and clowns. What a night.

To his credit Begg-Smith is a huge supporter of our up and comers and this year he's made a real effort to let the media into his life a little. Ken Sutcliffe said this morning that he is like an old-style amateur, only in it because he genuinely loves it. That's the impression I get too. Dale did a long interview on Aussie TV just now and said that he doesn't get emotional because it ruins your preparation for the next event. He's a guy who likes to win and given in the last 12 months he's had a knee reconstruction that was a damned good effort! They tried to draw him on the "controversy" (apparently many are saying he should have won) and he wouldn't say a bad word about his competitor. The "ice man" warmed to his adopted nation. It seems some particularly vicious Canadians inhabit twitter though, some of the stuff about the guy is just horrid and unfair. It seems Tall Poppy Syndrome is alive and well in Canada too...

Mr. Vengeance
02-15-10, 12:12 PM
"Tall poppy syndrome" or not, the guy comes across as a world class douche bag. As good as he is, I'm still glad he's not a Canadian.

Don Quixote
02-15-10, 01:07 PM
"Tall poppy syndrome" or not, the guy comes across as a world class douche bag. As good as he is, I'm still glad he's not a Canadian. This was my impression as well. And did I understand it correctly that he made his money as a spam advertiser? If so, he can DIAF.

TKGAngel
02-15-10, 01:18 PM
This was my impression as well. And did I understand it correctly that he made his money as a spam advertiser? If so, he can DIAF.

Yup. Apparently he was a spammer and the Canadian ski federation thought he was being distracted from his skiing responsibilities because of the business. So he told Canada where they could put it and moved to Australia.

opinionated ow
02-15-10, 07:53 PM
This was my impression as well. And did I understand it correctly that he made his money as a spam advertiser? If so, he can DIAF.

Yup. Apparently he was a spammer and the Canadian ski federation thought he was being distracted from his skiing responsibilities because of the business. So he told Canada where they could put it and moved to Australia.

My understanding is that he invented the technology for pop-up ads, not spyware. And this really is just tall poppy syndrome because if we could have done it, we all would have.

I've heard that story too TKGAngel but given he's lived in Australia since he was 15 and I highly doubt that he was an internet millionaire at 15, I think there is more to it.

Ankf00
02-15-10, 09:30 PM
begg-smith's a prick

dando
02-15-10, 09:30 PM
Almost like gold (tastes like chicken). :gomer:

http://sports.espn.go.com/olympics/winter/2010/alpineskiing/news/story?id=4916195

-Kevin

TKGAngel
02-15-10, 10:10 PM
Seriously, IOC? Pitching a fit (http://blogs.buffalonews.com/gleason_at_the_games/2010/02/millers-mask-might-need-new-paint-job.html) that Ryan Miller has a tribute to his deceased cousin on his mask? The beer thing, I get. But effing with a part of his family? That's low.

Methanolandbrats
02-15-10, 11:32 PM
Seriously, IOC? Pitching a fit (http://blogs.buffalonews.com/gleason_at_the_games/2010/02/millers-mask-might-need-new-paint-job.html) that Ryan Miller has a tribute to his deceased cousin on his mask? The beer thing, I get. But effing with a part of his family? That's low.

The douchebags who run the olympics make Bernie look reasonable.

Don Quixote
02-16-10, 12:43 AM
My understanding is that he invented the technology for pop-up ads, not spyware. And this really is just tall poppy syndrome because if we could have done it, we all would have.

I've heard that story too TKGAngel but given he's lived in Australia since he was 15 and I highly doubt that he was an internet millionaire at 15, I think there is more to it.
Well if its only pop up adds that he is responsible for, I take back the DIAF comment. Have him stop by some day and he can meet my old friend Mr. Slugger. Mr. Louisville Slugger. :D

dando
02-16-10, 10:29 AM
So now the Canuckies can't figger out how to make ice properly? :saywhat:

Curling and pucks start today. :thumbup: :cool:

-Kevin

Gnam
02-16-10, 05:06 PM
Military patrol is the new beach volleyball.

http://boldbeautifulbiathlon.com/index.html

http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/3514/finalhomebanner2.jpg

oddlycalm
02-16-10, 05:34 PM
Military patrol is the new beach volleyball.
Easy to say when you're out of rifle range...:gomer:

oc

Ankf00
02-17-10, 02:39 PM
Almost like gold (tastes like chicken). :gomer:

http://sports.espn.go.com/olympics/winter/2010/alpineskiing/news/story?id=4916195

-Kevin

celebrated by riding the wall

http://www.maauction.org/Kirkwood__20Wall.jpg

world class cornice for a world class racer

dando
02-17-10, 02:47 PM
Woe, Canada! (http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2011100031_olywoes17.html)

A shame. The competition has been good so far.

-Kevin

TrueBrit
02-17-10, 04:24 PM
Woe, Canada! (http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2011100031_olywoes17.html)

A shame. The competition has been good so far.

-Kevin

I read somewhere that telly viewership was up over 16% from the last winter games...

Not much you can do about the weather..and the Brit papers had better be bloody careful what they're yapping about for 2012...a British "summer" does not guarantee nice weather either...In fact, growing up the only way I could tell it was summer was if the rain was warm..

dando
02-17-10, 04:40 PM
I read somewhere that telly viewership was up over 16% from the last winter games...

Not much you can do about the weather..and the Brit papers had better be bloody careful what they're yapping about for 2012...a British "summer" does not guarantee nice weather either...In fact, growing up the only way I could tell it was summer was if the rain was warm..

I think the weather has forced more peeps inside to watch the games, etc. Heck even the EARL might get a .2 now. :gomer: It also helps to have more live competition than we had for Torino.

I've seen enough Brit weather watching Wimbledon over the years to see how fickle the weather is there. :saywhat: BTW, y'alls skip for womin's curling is pretty darn cute. :thumbup:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/olympics/article7025342.ece

-Kevin

Ankf00
02-17-10, 05:14 PM
guess the tall poppy syndrome has infected aussies as well

No, it is probably because his whole schtick all seems so ruthlessly joyless. He is infamous for offering monosyllabic answers to journalists. And even in victory, or near victory, he offers nothing. To see him on the podium, between a wildly celebrating American and Canadian, while he looked like he had just sucked on a lemon, was to cringe. All of it might be forgivable if there was the slightest sense he has more than a walnut's worth of feeling for his adopted country.

I am, you are, he says he is, Australian. And of course he has had an Australian passport for six years, since earlier falling out with his native Canadian team - though he still lives in Vancouver. But in all those monosyllabic grunts, it has been hard to ignore gaining the feeling that he couldn't give a flying fig for Australia, and is simply flying a flag of convenience. If he doesn't care for us, why should we care for him? I don't. (And yes, I will be very careful with every key-stroke from now on.)

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/winter-olympics/why-mr-miserable-leaves-us-icy-cold-20100215-o2zy.html

TKGAngel
02-17-10, 07:25 PM

While ratings are up from the Torino games, they're still down from the 2002 Salt Lake Games. Then again, the Salt Lake games were held so close to 9/11 that I'm sure patriotic fervor coupled with morbid curiosity over whether the bad guys would get the US while they're on the world's stage.

Ankf00
02-17-10, 09:14 PM
also does the increase in viewership factor in the nbc-universal cable line-up? I feel like there was a good deal greater coverage of non-prime timey events on CNBC, MSNBC, etc.

I mean, seriously, we got what, 5 runs of men's downhill shown? 5 of men's moguls, and not even that of the frenchman who killed it? wankers.

TKGAngel
02-17-10, 09:27 PM
also does the increase in viewership factor in the nbc-universal cable line-up? I feel like there was a good deal greater coverage of non-prime timey events on CNBC, MSNBC, etc.

I mean, seriously, we got what, 5 runs of men's downhill shown? 5 of men's moguls, and not even that of the frenchman who killed it? wankers.

All the numbers that I've seen reported (Mediaweek, Mediapost, AdAge) have been reporting on NBC alone. I'd love to know how the online coverage is doing. Having to provide your cable info is a definite turnoff to me. Excuse me if I don't want to share that info on my office network so I can listen to a hockey game in the afternoon.

I still haven't figured out why the French mogul dude finished in 6th. That routine was sold. Or was Bioldeau's "story" too much to overlook [/cynic].

oddlycalm
02-17-10, 10:08 PM

Yo, we got all 11 ends (extra end tie breaker) of the mens Canada vs Norway curling elimination round. :D Even with the first few rocks in each end edited out that sucker ran 2hrs+.

The pants the Norwegians wore caused temporary eye damage for anyone that wasn't stone drunk. :gomer:

oc

http://i.usatoday.net/sports/_photos/2010/02/16/norwayx.jpg

dando
02-17-10, 10:08 PM
While ratings are up from the Torino games, they're still down from the 2002 Salt Lake Games. Then again, the Salt Lake games were held so close to 9/11 that I'm sure patriotic fervor coupled with morbid curiosity over whether the bad guys would get the US while they're on the world's stage.

+ Herb Brooks + USA hockey was better in '02 than '06.

-Kevin

Ankf00
02-17-10, 10:11 PM
I still haven't figured out why the French mogul dude finished in 6th. That routine was sold. Or was Bioldeau's "story" too much to overlook [/cynic].

the aerials supposedly, but it makes no sense b/c that's only supposed to be 25%.

dando
02-17-10, 10:20 PM
The pants the Norwegians wore caused temporary eye damage for anyone that wasn't stone drunk. :gomer:

Obviously you haven't watched PGA golf recently. :eek: :yuck: :saywhat:

-Kevin

opinionated ow
02-17-10, 11:02 PM
Obviously you haven't watched PGA golf recently. :eek: :yuck: :saywhat:

-Kevin

Last night on the Aussie broadcast they said that the guy who designs John Daly's pants designed them. In Eddie's words "no joke."

extramundane
02-17-10, 11:05 PM
http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/5442/500xnbcscreenshot1.jpg
:D

...speaking of which, women's downhill was brutual. :eek:

Ankf00
02-17-10, 11:06 PM
Cypress is slush mountain

dando
02-18-10, 12:15 AM
Carrot Top rocks, Bode sucks. :thumbup:

-Kevin

Methanolandbrats
02-18-10, 01:00 AM
Japs snowboard the same way they drive, spectacular in the first couple turns and then into the wall. I was rooting for that guy :thumbup:

Ankf00
02-18-10, 01:05 AM
Japs snowboard the same way they drive, spectacular in the first couple turns and then into the wall. I was rooting for that guy :thumbup:

his run at aspen at x-games was pretty sick

Indy
02-18-10, 03:00 AM
Japs snowboard the same way they drive
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

KLang
02-18-10, 07:39 AM
...speaking of which, women's downhill was brutual. :eek:

Amazing nobody was seriously hurt. I wonder how the men will do?

opinionated ow
02-18-10, 07:49 AM
Amazing nobody was seriously hurt. I wonder how the men will do?

Men's downhill has already happened

KLang
02-18-10, 10:20 AM
Men's downhill has already happened

oops. :o

Must have been Friday or Saturday. We got back from vacation Saturday night.

dando
02-18-10, 10:42 AM

I think it was Monday...see my tastes like chicken Bode Miller post. :gomer:

-Kevin

KLang
02-18-10, 11:08 AM
I think it was Monday...see my tastes like chicken Bode Miller post. :gomer:

-Kevin

Monday it was. Must have been on before I turned on the TV that night. I would have booed Bode anyway. ;)

TrueBrit
02-18-10, 12:17 PM
The NBC primetime coverage, as usual, sucks ass...their daytime stuff is pretty good though...i DVR'd both the men's and women's biathlon the other day and it was pretty much from start to finish..

The chicks and dudes alpine has been dreadful..you would have thought that after waiting for days on end that the event(s) deserved more coverage..or maybe they thought that seeing as how everyone already knew the results they should just stick with poofters on skates instead...:yuck:

Sean Malone
02-18-10, 12:21 PM
I installed a nifty google gadget that gives a run down of the days events, medal breakdown and news items.

TKGAngel
02-18-10, 01:50 PM
should just stick with poofters on skates instead

I'm guessing at what a poofter means here, but...

The NHL is kind of pissed at NBC (it's network broadcast partner) for dumping the US/Canada game on Sunday night to cable TV rather than it being on the big show. The reason being that us American wimmins are so fickle and flighty and want to see the ice dancing (rather than hotties on skates) that they have no choice to put it on cable. I get that they want to be locked in to a 3 hour timeblock with one event, but darn it, it's a big game starring the biggest names in the NHL. Win-win for both the network (promote their weekly game) and the league (hi! we exist!)

dando
02-18-10, 02:07 PM
The NHL is kind of pissed at NBC (it's network broadcast partner) for dumping the US/Canada game on Sunday night to cable TV rather than it being on the big show. The reason being that us American wimmins are so fickle and flighty and want to see the ice dancing (rather than hotties on skates) that they have no choice to put it on cable. I get that they want to be locked in to a 3 hour timeblock with one event, but darn it, it's a big game starring the biggest names in the NHL. Win-win for both the network (promote their weekly game) and the league (hi! we exist!)

Time buyers got no leverage. :( Stupid, stupid move by NBC. :thumdown: Considering the recent Coco/Leno stupidity, they must be inbreeding @ NBC. Let the Comcast merger proceed! :gomer:

-Kevin

dando
02-18-10, 10:53 PM
Swiss vs. Canucks pucks == :thumbup:

US curling chicks and dicks not so much. :saywhat: :shakehead

-Kevin

Tifosi24
02-18-10, 11:28 PM
Last night was the best night of NBC primetime coverage thus far since there was no figure skating coverage. I know the old ladies at work love it, but figure skating is dreadful and shouldn't be on every freaking night. I watched a grand total of 5 minutes on NBC tonight. I agree that Canada vs Switzerland was great on CNBC. I was surprised at the overall talent level of the Swiss and was it just me or did Brodeur look below average.

oddlycalm
02-19-10, 02:24 AM

You didn't miss much. NBC only showed around 5 runs out of the entire field. :shakehead

oc