PDA

View Full Version : 20 years ago...

dando
02-11-10, 03:32 PM
http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/sports/stories/2010/02/10/hunter_2-10.ART_ART_02-10-10_C1_39GI3PJ.html

Twenty years after James "Buster" Douglas knocked out Mike Tyson in maybe the greatest upset in sports history, strangers still stop Douglas and former manager John Johnson and tell them their personal recollections of that fateful day.

I've never been a huge fan of boxing, but this still ranks in my top 5 or so moments in sports....prolly second or third after the Miracle on Ice. I remember watching this on HBO and for some reason I had this feeling that Buster would beat Tyson. :thumbup:

-Kevin

emjaya
02-11-10, 06:23 PM
I remember where I was for the Tyson/Douglas fight: in a pub drinking beer.

Come to think of it, that's where I was for Tyson's next fight. And the fight before Douglas as well. In fact, every time Tyson fought, I was in a pub drinking beer.
Mike Tyson is probably responsible for my drinking problem. Or my boxing problem.

I thought this thread was going to be about Nelson Mandela. Twenty years since he was released this year.

dando
02-11-10, 07:52 PM
I thought this thread was going to be about Nelson Mandela. Twenty years since he was released this year.

For some reason I missed that...perhaps due to the weather and the local media's focus on Douglas/Tyson. :( Seems like longer than than 20 years to me. Amen, Nelson. :thumbup:

-Kevin

chop456
02-12-10, 02:27 AM
I had Buster Douglas boxing for the Sega Genesis. :thumbup: :gomer: