PDA

View Full Version : Note to Self...

Sean Malone
02-05-10, 03:13 PM
Never believe a person who tapes a note to your front door informing you that they are the former owner of the home and would like to buy it back from you for what you paid for the home prior to the housing market crash. Also, do not go to your lawyer to have a sale contract drafted, spend three entire weekends with real estate agents looking at properties and hours on the phone with mortgage lenders and insurance agents. Or in other words...inform the inquiring party to present a contract and I'll think about it.

Yes...I'm a dumbass. :gomer:

Don Quixote
02-05-10, 03:54 PM
In fairness to you (:p) the folks across the street from us did the same thing and the deal closed successfully. They moved away, one year later decided they liked it better in their old house, knocked on the door of the new owners, and bought the house back at more than market. Everybody was happy. However, beware of flakes.

Sean Malone
02-05-10, 04:23 PM
In fairness to you (:p) the folks across the street from us did the same thing and the deal closed successfully. They moved away, one year later decided they liked it better in their old house, knocked on the door of the new owners, and bought the house back at more than market. Everybody was happy. However, beware of flakes.

I have a sister in-law that had a note left on her door offering to buy her house, she said yes and all was fine.

In my case, this person was the person we bought the house from 2 1/2 years ago. This person did seem a bit flaky to us as this person was 2 weeks late in signing the closing contracts. However, this person is the president and CEO of a company that profited 75 million dollars last year alone, so I'm of the opinion it is simply a case of a big ego. This person turned our lives upside down for the last month and then bailed without so much as a word of explanation or an apology.

I did send a masterpiece of a sarcastic barb filled email if I may say so myself. Made me feel a little better. :)

G.
02-05-10, 05:08 PM
In my case, this person was the person we bought the house from 2 1/2 years ago. This person did seem a bit flaky to us as this person was 2 weeks late in signing the closing contracts. However, this person is the president and CEO of a company that profited 75 million dollars last year alone, so I'm of the opinion it is simply a case of a big ego. This person turned our lives upside down for the last month and then bailed without so much as a word of explanation or an apology.
he saw your December electric bill.

:p

Sean Malone
02-05-10, 05:17 PM
he saw your December electric bill.

:p

:rofl:

Gnam
02-05-10, 05:40 PM
This person turned our lives upside down for the last month and then bailed without so much as a word of explanation or an apology.

Maybe his wife took him back. ;)