PDA

View Full Version : Calvin and Hobbes Fans

Napoleon
02-04-10, 11:09 AM
. . . and I know some of you are here (smock, smock, smock).

Bill Watterson gives his first interview in 21 years (http://www.cleveland.com/living/index.ssf/2010/02/bill_watterson_creator_of_belo.html)

dando
02-04-10, 11:27 AM
. . . and I know some of you are here (smock, smock, smock).

Bill Watterson gives his first interview in 21 years (http://www.cleveland.com/living/index.ssf/2010/02/bill_watterson_creator_of_belo.html)

Daily comics died for me when we lost C&H, The Far Side and Bloom County. Berk came back with Outland (so-so) and Opus (not so much). I admire Watterson and Larson for walking away and staying away.

-Kevin <== I am Spaceman Spiff :-)

TrueBrit
02-04-10, 11:42 AM
C & H are/were the very best. I got the special collection that was put out a few years ago and will occasionally dip into it when I need a larf...

I loved the snowmen...

stroker
02-04-10, 03:37 PM
Daily comics died for me when we lost C&H, The Far Side and Bloom County.

Man, you got that right. I don't even bother with the comics--haven't for years.

TravelGal
02-04-10, 08:20 PM
You're a tough crowd. Lio is terrific. Others with flashes of brilliance are Frazz, Zits, and La Cucaracha (most of the Barriobucks strips are a hoot as are the Mex Morgan ones).

TKGAngel
02-04-10, 08:50 PM
Zits :thumbup:

And Pearls Before Swine and Pickles have their moments.

devilmaster
02-04-10, 09:05 PM
Pearls Before Swine have their moments.

http://i.friendfeed.com/7c7b571842d8b32ed3ad46385516322403b062ae

:D

TravelGal
02-05-10, 02:24 AM
The Pearls Before Swine strip with the new owner of the diner named Evita is still sitting on my desk. :laugh:

ChampcarShark
02-05-10, 02:06 PM
I must be living under a rock, I tough comics had disappeared a long time ago.

devilmaster
02-05-10, 02:37 PM
The Pearls Before Swine strip with the new owner of the diner named Evita is still sitting on my desk. :laugh:

It was good, but the suck seed one just seemed to work.... he's done it a few more times, and it seems like he's trying too hard.

I became an instant fan after i read the farce one.. :)

tllips
02-05-10, 05:32 PM
You're a tough crowd. Lio is terrific. Others with flashes of brilliance are Frazz, Zits, and La Cucaracha (most of the Barriobucks strips are a hoot as are the Mex Morgan ones).

I agree on Lio. Unfortunately, the Chicago Tribune is discontinuing it next week. :(

Frazz is one of the best and Zits is good too. I've never seen La Cucaracha.

TravelGal
02-05-10, 09:37 PM
I agree on Lio. Unfortunately, the Chicago Tribune is discontinuing it next week. :(

Frazz is one of the best and Zits is good too. I've never seen La Cucaracha.

OH NO! You'll have to subscribe to gocomics.com/lio

I imagine that La Cucaracha, being devoted to Mexican characters, is predominantly down thisaway. You can find it on gocomics also. Today Mex Morgan MD (Mexican Doctor) is back again. It's a tad liberal political--just so I warned ya. The antidote for Mallard Fillmore.