PDA

View Full Version : I met Danica Tuesday Night...

DjDrOmusic
06-05-03, 02:26 AM
...at a meeting of a club called ChampFans in Hilliard. She told about her race at Milwaukee, and revealed that she will be doing the ALMS race at Atlanta, teaming with Anthony Davidson in a Ferrari. All I can say about Danica in person is W-O-W!! She was very nice and seemed to truly be happy tobe at the meeting. By the way ChampFans was designated the Official Team Rahal Fan Club that evening.:cool:

Kate
06-05-03, 04:48 PM
Andy Hall says that's news to him! What series is she allegedly driving in?

DjDrOmusic
06-05-03, 05:56 PM
Kate, I don't know Andy Hall, and I'm not a working journalist, I'm only repeating what was said at the meeting.

nrc
06-05-03, 11:50 PM
God forbid anyone should pass along info without clearing it with Kate and Andy Hall first. :rolleyes:

DrDJ, RaceGrrl and I used to take the ChampFans bus trip to Cleveland every year. That and the MidOhio get together was about all we had time to do.

Last year they dropped the Cleveland trip in favor of a trip to Indy qualifying so we didn't bother renewing this year. Still nice folks, though.

DjDrOmusic
06-06-03, 04:22 AM
Hey NRC, I think I have them talked into joining those of us who attend the Woo Doggies season ender party in November, the more the merrier! I also have some tantalizing news about somthing I'm working on, but until I have all the I's dotted and the T's crossed I don't want to tip my hand and look like a complete fool...instead of an absolute fool! ;) :D

rabbit
06-06-03, 06:36 AM
Originally posted by nrc
God forbid anyone should pass along info without clearing it with Kate and Andy Hall first. :rolleyes: :laugh:

Kate
06-06-03, 07:15 AM
Andy Hall is the head of communications for the ALMS. He usually knows who is going to be in the cars. He said he hadn't heard anything about this, which was a surprise to me considering the race is in just a couple of weeks.

Perhaps Danica is making an announcement a little bit prematurely?

JoeBob
06-06-03, 10:35 AM
I'd be willing to bet that oh... 10 times out of 10 that a driver knows where he/she will be racing before the sanctioning body does.

Sean O'Gorman
06-06-03, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by nrc
God forbid anyone should pass along info without clearing it with Kate...first. :rolleyes:

Oops, I think someone forgot to tell Earl Ma that too! :rofl: :rofl:

DjDrOmusic
06-09-03, 08:29 AM
HMMMM Andy Hall released an announcement that Danica is doing the ALMS race at Road Atlanta, wonder where I heard that before!!:flame:

RaceChic
06-09-03, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by DjDrOmusic
HMMMM Andy Hall released an announcement that Danica is doing the ALMS race at Road Atlanta, wonder where I heard that before!!:flame:

Where????? :D :D :D

rabbit
06-09-03, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by DjDrOmusic
....wonder where I heard that before.... Kate?