PDA

View Full Version : Air Fare Aggregator DoHop

TravelGal
01-28-10, 03:21 PM
I've read about this twice recently and wondered if anyone here uses them. Might be worth a look. From the daily E-News 1/27/10.

There Is A New Aggregator On The Block

A small company in Iceland is the latest aggregator to compete against such giants as Kayak, Orbitz and SideStep. Dohop.com is a growing company
who has joined Momondo.com of Copenhagen. The company says it can do a better job of finding lower fares because the large US aggregators only search those airlines or search engines that pay a commission to the aggregator while they deal with everyone, regardless of whether they pay a commission or not.

oddlycalm
01-28-10, 04:39 PM
Took and spin around their site and did a few searches. Looks pretty good, thanks.

oc

dando
01-28-10, 05:04 PM
A quickie comparison b/w dohop and Kayak showed a slight savings of $306 vs. $318 for a flight from SAV to CMH (Nana's trip north for spring break). Just about enough pay for the increased baggage fares. :saywhat: :mad:

-Kevin

TravelGal
01-28-10, 10:44 PM
I think it's probably more useful for European or various short haul international flights but it's good to know that it works stateside as well. As you can imagine, I'm not very familiar with the various search engines because I tend to sell no air or air in conjunction with a land package. Either way, I rarely look online. I have the legacy airline computer at my desktop so I do what I need there. (I know, Dinosaur City)

Thanks for checking it out.