PDA

View Full Version : Ding dong! Key Liquidators Calling

SurfaceUnits
01-28-10, 12:30 PM
Visionsless racing has turned out the lights. Special Ed won't be going for his 4th consecutive leeg championship :laugh:

Napoleon
01-28-10, 01:26 PM
BraaaaHaHahahahahahahaha.

Good to see he brought that old time business acumen of his to his own team.

Al Czervik
01-28-10, 02:06 PM
The Futility Watch will never be the same!

pchall
01-28-10, 02:13 PM

Well, the news does crimp things a bit, but it's not like I'm on a suicide watch or anything. Mutoh at Haas-Lannigan will fun at least.

NismoZ
01-28-10, 02:32 PM
So much for Haas always going for the best driver out there. Maybe he should just chuck it all and concentrate on his parts delivery service.:gomer:

dando
01-28-10, 02:49 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/racing/indycar/news/story?id=4866264

The IRL is still in the process of finding a replacement for George as CEO of the IRL. The Sports Business Daily reported Wednesday the candidates include favorite Randy Bernard, who is currently the Professional Bull Riders CEO. Other candidates according to the paper include Just Marketing Founder and CEO Zak Brown and Indianapolis Super Bowl Host Committee Chair Mark Miles.

:saywhat: :gomer: :rofl: :shakehead

-Kevin

Sean Malone
01-28-10, 03:19 PM
"We're suspending operations, but I don't know fully what that means," Carpenter, a team driver and George's stepson, told the Indianapolis Star.

:rofl:

Napoleon
01-28-10, 03:19 PM
Professional Bull Riders CEO? What, isn't the Professional Rodeo Clown CEO available?

Don Quixote
01-28-10, 03:44 PM
What about Vince McMahon? Oh wait, he would have made it successful.

dando
01-28-10, 04:06 PM
Professional Bull Riders CEO? What, isn't the Professional Rodeo Clown CEO available?

In other news, Gene Simmons was not available for comment. :gomer: :D

-Kevin

oddlycalm
01-28-10, 04:13 PM
isn't the Professional Rodeo Clown CEO available?
That's the way to maintain continuity, swapping one clown for another would be fitting. :tony:

oc

Gnam
01-28-10, 05:12 PM
Good. But it's not enough. Not even a helicopter crash can save the sport now.

STD
01-28-10, 05:23 PM
Two words, pro bowling.

RusH
01-28-10, 06:52 PM
Professional Bull Riders CEO?

8 second races would be an improvement

Andrew Longman
01-28-10, 08:25 PM
Professional Bull Riders CEO?

I couldn't make that up in my craziest dreams. :rofl:

In the entire wide, wide world of motorsport there is no one interest in coming close to this series?

High Sided
01-28-10, 09:22 PM
according to this star article randy bernard, the man who became pbr's ceo at the age of 28 in 1995 actually started the pbr 25 years ago when he was only 17 yrs old???
http://www.indystar.com/article/20100127/SPORTS01/100127038/1004/SPORTS/IRL-offers-CEO-position-to-Randy-Bernard

oddlycalm
01-28-10, 09:36 PM

In the entire wide, wide world of motorsport there is no one interest in coming close to this series?
Not even with a 10ft. cattle prod and a biohazard suit...:laugh:

This is the business equivalent to calling someone to deal with your basement full of raw sewage with a large bloated dead animal floating in it. First they actually have to deal with Mari Hulman and the nasty sisters, a squadron of incompetent boot lickers and butt kissers employed at all levels and a river of blood red ink a mile deep. Cleaning up after TG is going to be smelly and cost a fortune.

None of that gets CART back, but TG's complete and utter humiliation is cause for the occasional smile or two.

oc

Sean Malone
01-28-10, 09:38 PM

No doubt! Even selling it to NASCAR would seem like a step up now. A big step up.

Andrew Longman
01-29-10, 08:59 AM
according to this star article randy bernard, the man who became pbr's ceo at the age of 28 in 1995 actually started the pbr 25 years ago when he was only 17 yrs old???
http://www.indystar.com/article/20100127/SPORTS01/100127038/1004/SPORTS/IRL-offers-CEO-position-to-Randy-Bernard

That's it? A two sentence press release... that's wrong about either his age or when he started PBR? He's qualified how? How with this turn things around?

Even they think it won't I guess. What do you suppose this job pays? How about heading PBR?

chop456
01-29-10, 09:02 AM
What do you suppose this job pays?

The right to have your name on the official epitaph rather than the idiotgrandson's?

mueber
01-29-10, 01:26 PM
BraaaaHaHahahahahahahaha.

Good to see he brought that old time business acumen of his to his own team.

He'll bounce back. BigIRLFan has an opening at the Jiffy Lube.

Shadow
01-29-10, 02:00 PM
Two words, pro bowling.

Interesting. I was visiting a cousin last night who recorded these two matches and found them very interesting. They have their own Danica - but this one rose to the top.

[URL="http://www.thedailynewsonline.com/articles/2010/01/28/sports/6423792.txt"]

Elmo T
01-29-10, 05:06 PM
So I Googled Vision Racing trying to find some official release and found this...

Wow :tony::gomer:

http://www.facebook.com/VisionRacing

A select gem:

The IRL was not a gift. Rather, it came bearing them. We delighted in Greg Ray, Buddy Lazier, and Scott Sharp. We flocked to see Dan Wheldon and Sam Hornish captivate us with daring surgical prowess.

cameraman
01-29-10, 05:54 PM
The Professional Bull Riders is a well run organization, at least is was a year or to ago. The shows get marketed out here and are more professional than anything the IRL has ever put on.

STD
01-29-10, 06:52 PM
Interesting. I was visiting a cousin last night who recorded these two matches and found them very interesting. They have their own Danica - but this one rose to the top.

[URL="http://www.thedailynewsonline.com/articles/2010/01/28/sports/6423792.txt"]

I figured if Steve Johnson could get a job in bowling, who knows..... :laugh:

Anteater
01-29-10, 06:59 PM
The Professional Bull Riders is a well run organization, at least is was a year or to ago. The shows get marketed out here and are more professional than anything the IRL has ever put on.

The PBR was in town last weekend; according to this article, it sounds like they're doing pretty well:
http://www.ocregister.com/sports/pbr-230412-bernard-bulls.html

Now, why would someone leave that to run the IRL?

High Sided
01-29-10, 07:43 PM

Randy Bernard has sure done well building a sport in the same time frame tony george has successfully destroyed one :(

http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/article/118794

oddlycalm
01-29-10, 09:35 PM
You gotta love the fact that the bulls are tested for steroids but not the riders....:rofl: I feel real sorry for the poor techs that have to do surprise blood draws on a pissed off bulls. [insert amusing dialogue]

oc

nrc
01-29-10, 10:17 PM
A select gem:

"We flocked to see Dan Wheldon and Sam Hornish captivate us with daring surgical prowess."

Flocked!?

Flocked?!

p3-eavMSBnk

oddlycalm
01-31-10, 04:36 AM
Flocked!?

Flocked?!

By the dozens... :tony:

oc

Duroc
01-31-10, 12:36 PM

We'll always have Sammich... or did he pack it in as well?

If flogging the league along till the 2011 anniversary 500 is the proposition, is anyone taking the over? To steal a line from Ed Harris in Apollo 13: What do we got in Indycar that's good?

A: NOTHING. No fans, dead zone TV deal, no sponsors, shrinking teams and not a revenue positive date on the schedule.

Duroc
02-01-10, 05:04 PM
Randy Bernard has sure done well building a sport in the same time frame tony george has successfully destroyed one.

So this rodeo clown was supposed to get back to them today? It's now down to the last hour. Sounds like he can't wait to get started.

:shakehead :rofl: :laugh:

Update:

MaƱana.... 2pm announcement. Hold onto your socks.

NismoZ
02-01-10, 07:42 PM
Just got a copy of the coming announcement. "Upon further consideration I feel I must say, now that I have sobered up, I must turn down this career-ending offer and continue my dream of bringing Pro Bull Riding to mainstream America. I would like to take this opportunity to announce we have signed Red Bull as a $15 million corporate sponsor and VS Network has signed a multi-year, multimillion dollar agreement to carry our product live beginning on Memorial Day weekend!" etc. etc.

Gangrel
02-02-10, 02:22 PM
That's it? A two sentence press release... that's wrong about either his age or when he started PBR? He's qualified how? How with this turn things around?

Even they think it won't I guess. What do you suppose this job pays? How about heading PBR?

wrong about his age? 1995 was 15 years ago. He became CEO at 28 in 1995. That makes him 43 now. He started PBR 25 years ago. That would make him 18. Give or take a year because of timing of his birthday, looks ok to me...

OTOH...PBR??? :rofl: