PDA

View Full Version : F-1, Gotta Get Those Top 10s!

NismoZ
01-25-10, 01:52 PM
25-18-15-12-10-8-6-4-2-1. I think a 5 tier podium might be appropriate too?

SteveH
01-25-10, 02:19 PM

all esle get one of these

http://www.awardsco.com/images/upload/items/RIB1-PAR.jpg

STD
01-25-10, 02:27 PM
Revive the Chapman and Clark Cups?

pchall
01-25-10, 05:43 PM

:rofl: yes, this nonsense deserves a silly podium and another half hour of uninformative post race interviews and commentary.

I'll fix it for you:

8-6-4-2-1. 1 pt for pole and 1pt. for fastest lap.

The first and second losers get to stand beside and below the winner and be soaked with Moët & Chandon.

opinionated ow
01-25-10, 11:42 PM
:rofl: yes, this nonsense deserves a silly podium and another half hour of uninformative post race interviews and commentary.

I'll fix it for you:

The first and second losers get to stand beside and below the winner and be soaked with Moët & Chandon.

In a pretty cabinet?

stroker
01-26-10, 12:53 AM
This is very liberating.

Last year I would have cared. I'm so tired of all the BS in F1 that I honestly DGAF anymore. M$chu can go stuff himself. Hamilton can beat up on Webber and Alonso can pat himself on the back for driving a prancing pony car for all the Tifoso. The whole circus can wax poetic about how their Tilkedromes are the greatest things since sliced bread. F 'em all.

Really.

grungex
01-26-10, 03:10 AM
:thumbup:

Indy
01-26-10, 04:13 AM
You'll be watching. Don't even try to tell me you won't. :laugh:

NismoZ
01-26-10, 01:08 PM
Wow. Then there's this: Only the top 10 qualifiers MUST start the race on the same tires they qualify on. Now with a full fuel load, but up front on softs? Can't plan on passing in the pits anymore so what happens? Qualify soft and full but start up front, use 'em up early when heavy then pit to go hard and lighter to the finish? Qualify hard and heavy then run a long way, pit when light for softs, THEN go like hell to the finish? This is the new F-1? I guess the tire maker decides the winner by determining what the difference between soft and hard will be. Same as light & heavy? Change up the equation for every track and don't tell anyone! Maybe we should make room on the podium for those guys, too. Maybe it's no big deal, I don't know. Supposed to increase passing, I guess. Will anyone win from 11th? Autosport saying approval of this new little loop-de-loop is only a formality. I'm liking the water sprinkler idea more and more.

stroker
01-26-10, 05:18 PM
Wow. Then there's this: Only the top 10 qualifiers MUST start the race on the same tires they qualify on. Now with a full fuel load, but up front on softs? Can't plan on passing in the pits anymore so what happens? Qualify soft and full but start up front, use 'em up early when heavy then pit to go hard and lighter to the finish? Qualify hard and heavy then run a long way, pit when light for softs, THEN go like hell to the finish? This is the new F-1? I guess the tire maker decides the winner by determining what the difference between soft and hard will be. Same as light & heavy? Change up the equation for every track and don't tell anyone! Maybe we should make room on the podium for those guys, too. Maybe it's no big deal, I don't know. Supposed to increase passing, I guess. Will anyone win from 11th? Autosport saying approval of this new little loop-de-loop is only a formality. I'm liking the water sprinkler idea more and more.

What was the name of that video somebody posted a few weeks back? The one with the Ice Cream Truck Grand Prix? That would be more interesting.

You'll be watching. Don't even try to tell me you won't. :laugh:

let's put it this way--you want to make a bet on my hauling my fat ass out of bed at 6:30 am to watch? I could use the money...

:D

STD
01-26-10, 06:42 PM
I remember posting about one tire manufacturer and flakey gimmicks not too long ago. :laugh: