PDA

View Full Version : Aston To ALMS w/Fernandez

NismoZ
01-24-10, 12:35 PM
Autosport saying Adrian fernandez will run an AMR team car in a "short program" (Sebring, Long Beach, Petit/Atlanta and LeMans) Fernandez hopes to make an announcement soon, just waiting on contracts. ALMS will need all they can get!

pchall
01-25-10, 04:05 PM
A partial schedule in ALMS for an AMR car is better than no schedule at all. I do have a reservation, though. Why waste time running at the LBGP? That place will make the car look like a sow's ear. They'd be much better off running at RA, Mosport, or even Laguna Seca.

Trevor Longman
01-25-10, 04:20 PM
I heard they would skip Long Beach and do Sebring, Laguna Seca, PLM, Le Mans and 1 other ALMS race. I agree though, Long Beach would do nothing to help them prepare for Le Mans. Road America would be a far better challenge for them.

NismoZ
01-26-10, 10:34 PM
I thought the same thing but dismissed it to Eurothink that Long Beach is somehow more prestigious.

rosawendel
01-27-10, 08:15 AM
i figured it was more about business connections.

pchall
01-27-10, 09:21 AM
I thought the same thing but dismissed it to Eurothink that Long Beach is somehow more prestigious.

A few more years of the IRL as the Sunday headliner will end that prestige.

NismoZ
01-27-10, 12:24 PM
Yeah, like ONE!:shakehead

Trevor Longman
02-01-10, 04:12 PM
Confirmed: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/81169

Sebring, Long Beach, Paul Ricard in the euro LMS, and of course Le Mans. Plus select races after LM that have yet to be determined. Fingers crossed for Lime Rock! :D As it turns out, Fernandez isn't running the team, he's just one of the drivers.