PDA

View Full Version : Danicant to release a perfume

opinionated ow
12-27-09, 08:49 PM
http://www.basenotes.net/industry_news/20091209danica-patrick.html
I believe it's called Eau d'Medé-Ochre and doubles as a fake tan.

Indy
12-28-09, 04:42 AM
"We are honored to be partnering with Danica Patrick. Her success in the racing world combined with her striking beauty has made her both a role model and mainstream, global icon. Danica deserves a beautiful fragrance that is as special as she is and that is what SA Fragrances has created. The launch and continued promotion of Danica Patrick for Her will include a huge sampling initiative, a major online campaign and event marketing at racing and other venues. Danica's fragrance will immediately be recognized as the hot new fragrance of 2010”, said Jon Klein VP Sales SA Fragrances.

Anyone else reached the point of voluntarily surrendering membership in the human race?

I feel like freaking Charlton Heston in Planet of the Apes.
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKdSXfPl8vY)

chop456
12-28-09, 06:44 AM
huge sampling initiative[/URL]

Department store girls that stomp towards you with an angry look, spray perfume in your eyes, then stick their tongue out at you and walk away? :laugh:

pchall
12-28-09, 07:48 AM
I wonder if there will be any tv promotion for this beyond some obligatory buys on Versus? It would be mildly interesting to see how this is marketed but I won't be bothered to watch Youtube crap marketing like Godaddy puts out. I'll leave it to others to find the stuff that is appallingly bad.

The malls around here are basically dead during the day and I have given up stopping for a quick double espresso to jump start my brain on the way to and from campus so I don't think I'll have to run the perfume counter gauntlet on the way to the coffee kiosk any time soon.

extramundane
12-28-09, 10:35 AM
Department store girls that stomp towards you with an angry look, spray perfume in your eyes, then stick their tongue out at you and walk away? :laugh:

How is that any different than what they do now?

JLMannin
12-29-09, 08:02 AM
I mentioned to my wife that Danica was launching a perfume - her response was "Is that going to be a mixture of Old Spice and Luvs Baby Soft?" :rofl:

G.
12-29-09, 12:20 PM
I mentioned to my wife that Danica was launching a perfume - her response was "Is that going to be a mixture of Old Spice and Luvs Baby Soft?" :rofl:

:rofl::laugh::rofl:

Does she have a log-in here?

TFF!

High Sided
12-29-09, 02:50 PM
TFF!???

track forum forever :eek:

manic mechanic
12-30-09, 01:42 AM
Hoo boy!! "Danicle Stank"!!! :laugh:

Might just have to go buy some of that.

We have had some pest control problems lately, and that stench might just do the trick!!

Yeah, yeah... That's it!... Now I just need to sell it to the wife... :rofl::rofl:

manic

oddlycalm
12-30-09, 04:33 AM
Anyone else reached the point of voluntarily surrendering membership in the human race?
No, but the mainstream media makes me feel like I woke up in some weird parallel reality.

If reality were brought into line any Danica stinkwater would smell like essence of Black Flag, sell for $1.25 a gallon and catch on as the hot setup for stripping off paint and varnish on the cheap. In other words it would be a cultural punchline on par with her driving chops.

oc

Indy
12-30-09, 02:37 PM
OC, I was thinking about this again, and I decided that we are in an era that rewards fakers. Sometimes it seems that everything that receives attention is faked, and everything actually worth something is ignored.

I think of my Silverado as an example. It is a wonder of engineering, well made, runs perfectly, and is greatly improved over the trucks I drove years ago. It is assembled right here in Indiana and sold to people like me for a reasonable portion of my yearly income. The amount of actual competency needed to make this possible is astounding. Lots and lots of smart people, doing the right things, constantly improving, producing something of great value.

Compare that to the skank's perfume, and the thousands of other crap products, services, and "entertainment" we have shoved down our throats every year. GM, a national treasure, home of all that competency, is bankrupt, while the P.T. Barnums of our society get rich.

Furthermore, ask any honest person in a position to understand consumer products, and he will tell you the truth: that there are real products (seldom advertised, hard to find) and the products the masses buy (which you will find in the supermarket or in Walmart). 90% of what Americans choose to purchase is garbage. :shakehead

Elmo T
12-30-09, 03:11 PM
"We have met the enemy, and he is us"

How else do you explain this perfume or any others. A quick check found perfume/colognes by Paris Hilton, Derek Jeter, Trump, Beckham (Mr. and Mrs.!), Antonio Banderas :confused:, Usher, Sean John, Kate Moss, Gwen Stefani, Beyonce, Shania Twain, and so on. So why not the Pouty Princess Driver??

Pet rocks, mood rings, Crocs (wait, I own a Mickey Mouse pair - scratch that one), Uggs, Spuds Mackenzie, and Tickle me Elmo. Who is to blame?

It is all about the money - and at least on this one, they won't be getting any of mine. Until my daughter asks for it - then...... :rolleyes:

Napoleon
12-30-09, 04:00 PM
. . . and I decided that we are in an era that rewards fakers.

Preach it brother!

Sean Malone
12-30-09, 04:23 PM
OC, I was thinking about this again, and I decided that we are in an era that rewards fakers. Sometimes it seems that everything that receives attention is faked, and everything actually worth something is ignored.

I think of my Silverado as an example. It is a wonder of engineering, well made, runs perfectly, and is greatly improved over the trucks I drove years ago. It is assembled right here in Indiana and sold to people like me for a reasonable portion of my yearly income. The amount of actual competency needed to make this possible is astounding. Lots and lots of smart people, doing the right things, constantly improving, producing something of great value.

Compare that to the skank's perfume, and the thousands of other crap products, services, and "entertainment" we have shoved down our throats every year. GM, a national treasure, home of all that competency, is bankrupt, while the P.T. Barnums of our society get rich.

Furthermore, ask any honest person in a position to understand consumer products, and he will tell you the truth: that there are real products (seldom advertised, hard to find) and the products the masses buy (which you will find in the supermarket or in Walmart). 90% of what Americans choose to purchase is garbage. :shakehead

Nice sentiment, but allow me to be devils advocate for the sake of discussion...as good as your truck is, and I'm sure it is a fine truck...GM as a whole had competition that was even better. Not to get into an automotive debate but the point being that a vehicle compared to another vehicle is a tangible comparison, unlike subjective comparisons where there is no defined criteria in which to declare superiority. Food, art, music, perfumes etc. America has a long history of celebrating the mediocre. Lady GaGa winning music awards? Shoot me now!
So the question becomes why is Danika deserving of her own perfume line? Answer...because.:)

nrc
12-30-09, 04:55 PM
So the question becomes why is Danika deserving of her own perfume line? Answer...because.:)

One of my favorite Clint Eastwood lines: "Deserve's got nothin to do with it."

oddlycalm
12-30-09, 05:11 PM
there are real products (seldom advertised, hard to find) and the products the masses buy (which you will find in the supermarket or in Walmart). 90% of what Americans choose to purchase is garbage. :shakehead
Couldn't agree more. And in some market segments the various brand names amount to no more than a distinction without a difference. I've always been about finding what Hawaiians call "da kine" which is Pidgin for "the kind." It's not about price, it's about quality vs total cost over time. I'm willing to pay more for a product that lasts a lifetime rather than 10 minutes.

oc

KLang
12-30-09, 06:34 PM
Pet rocks, mood rings, Crocs (wait, I own a Mickey Mouse pair - scratch that one), Uggs, Spuds Mackenzie, and Tickle me Elmo.

Hey, I really like my Ugg slippers. :p

cameraman
12-30-09, 06:43 PM
Hey, I really like my Ugg slippers. :p

I have to say my wife has some Uggs boots she wears in the winter, I wish I had boots that warm and comfortable.

nrc
12-30-09, 07:34 PM
I have to say my wife has some Uggs boots she wears in the winter, I wish I had boots that warm and comfortable.

Feet too big or just embarrassed to shop in the women's shoe department?

Gnam
12-30-09, 07:40 PM
Be not afraid to rock those kicks. :p

http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/3997/boots.jpg

Indy
12-30-09, 08:28 PM
...Lady GaGa winning music awards? Shoot me now!

Because the movie Idiocracy is probably an accurate prophesy, that's why.

Sean Malone
12-30-09, 10:28 PM
Because the movie Idiocracy is probably an accurate prophesy, that's why.

Got it in my Netflix queue. :)

cameraman
12-31-09, 02:22 AM
Be not afraid to rock those kicks. :p

http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/3997/boots.jpg

Okay then, after one passes their 30th birthday and the bar exam the Uggs tend to look more like this:

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii35/Cynops/5669_Bouillon.jpg

Indy
12-31-09, 03:01 AM
Got it in my Netflix queue. :)

It is very funny and entirely depressing at the same time. You will see what I mean when you watch it.

STD
12-31-09, 12:06 PM
:rofl::laugh:

Trevor Longman
01-01-10, 10:38 PM
haha Wow that's a weird coincidence. My dad and I just watched that movie the other day! We both loved it, lots of really hilarious stuff in there. :laugh:

swift
01-03-10, 10:10 PM
:confused: I always thought this was her husband's favorite scent.
http://images.esellerpro.com/2105/300.400@I/884/23/sssssssssssssssss20.jpg

cameraman
01-04-10, 12:28 AM
:confused: I always thought this was her husband's favorite scent.
http://images.esellerpro.com/2105/300.400@I/884/23/sssssssssssssssss20.jpg

Too old...