PDA

View Full Version : Merry Christmas

nrc
12-25-09, 01:13 AM
Merry Christmas.

We have reopened the Champ Car forum as a thank-you to all of our Champ Car friends who have stuck with us here at OC even well after the greatest racing series ever is just a memory. This forum is open again to share and preserve those memories.

We originally closed the forum because we didn't want it to become a place for discussion or debate about the series that replaced it or dredging up old threads. So in reopening this forum we're applying two special rules for this forum which will be strictly enforced.

Absolutely no bumping old threads. The history in this forum should remain history. If you want to discuss an old thread, then link it.
This forum is for discussion of Champ Car racing only. No discussion of the series that replaced it or other current racing series will be permitted.

Enjoy.

SteveH
12-25-09, 02:17 AM

datachicane
12-25-09, 04:27 AM
:thumbup:

Elmo T
12-25-09, 12:30 PM

Were there some changes with the membership numbers too? I saw we were approaching 1,000 members registered, though we've forever lost some along the way. :(

Looks like the total number has dropped a bit since I last checked?

dando
12-25-09, 12:35 PM
I'm just glad I'm not the last post here anymore. :)

-Kevin

Napoleon
12-25-09, 03:08 PM
I pop on over here and see a green in the Champcar forums and thought "wtf!!! That must have been one nasty nightmare I had about what happened to Champcar"

manic mechanic
12-25-09, 05:25 PM
I miss the racing, but it is secondary to the friendships that were made at the track.

I miss my friends the most.

Merry Christmas to all,

manic

nrc
12-26-09, 12:04 AM

Were there some changes with the membership numbers too? I saw we were approaching 1,000 members registered, though we've forever lost some along the way. :(

Looks like the total number has dropped a bit since I last checked?

Sadly, we don't get all that many new folks subscribing these days. We keep edging closer to 1000 but then I clean out all the spambot accounts and we're back down again.

Classic Apex
12-27-09, 12:28 AM

TravelGal
12-27-09, 08:23 PM
This is my Christmas wish come true. I didn't disagree with the reasoning for closing the forum but it made me feel as if I had to say that CART/CC never existed. This is the place I come to talk over my day and my passions among friends. I'm so glad the CC forum is open again. :thumbup:

miatanut
12-28-09, 03:28 AM
Would it be possible to lock the old threads and save the periodic hassles?

dando
12-28-09, 11:40 AM

4012 threads...better get busy. :gomer:

-Kevin

nrc
12-28-09, 12:32 PM

Unfortunately there's no function to mass lock threads. I might be able to figure out a way to do it in the database if it becomes a problem.

SteveH
12-28-09, 12:49 PM
put the old threads in a subform and lock it so :gomer: like me can't post in them , leave the new forum unlocked

miatanut
12-28-09, 01:30 PM
4012 threads...better get busy. :gomer:

-Kevin

I've never worked with vbulletin, but I assumed there would be a shift-click, then lock to get them all. Bummer.

TravelGal
12-29-09, 04:15 AM
Unfortunately there's no function to mass lock threads. I might be able to figure out a way to do it in the database if it becomes a problem.

It's just like eating peanuts. Start with one and pretty soon, why there's 4000 down and only a few to go. :laugh:

Andrew Longman
12-29-09, 05:47 PM

TravelGal
12-30-09, 01:49 PM
It's just like eating peanuts. Start with one and pretty soon, why there's 4000 down and only a few to go. :laugh:

Total edit: first one sounded snarky.

Truthfully, it's just so hard not to bring up threads when we are actually continuing a discussion on the same topic. This is the only forum I know that is economical in its threads. The posters are actually able to carry a thought process instead of starting 45 threads on the same subject. We now have to go counter to our good training and learn to start new threads. It's not as easy as you might think. As TravelMom says, "Force of habit is greater than strength of will."

Elmo T
12-30-09, 01:56 PM
The posters are actually able to carry a thought process instead of starting 45 threads on the same subject.

No - we usually have one thread covering 45 topics! Except bacon, of course, that stays on topic. ;)

dando
12-30-09, 02:08 PM
No - we usually have one thread covering 45 topics! Except bacon, of course, that stays on topic. ;)

That and the Airbus bashing thread. :gomer:

-Kevin

JoeBob
12-30-09, 03:46 PM
Nice to see this open again. What I've found fascinating is that after ChampCar went away, I really lost any and all interest in watching any racing.

Those were the glory days, and nothing since has compared.

nrc
12-30-09, 04:48 PM
Nice to see this open again. What I've found fascinating is that after ChampCar went away, I really lost any and all interest in watching any racing.

Those were the glory days, and nothing since has compared.

Same here. Watching the Mazda Atlantic races that I've seen it was just kind of sad. I did enjoy the WRC that I saw this year but just because it's so visually spectacular sometimes. But the field was pretty sad.

It's just amazing that such a big part of your spare time and interests can evaporate so completely so quickly.

miatanut
12-31-09, 02:35 AM
But the sport has been reunited under the control of Indy, as God intended. How can you not be downright giddy? :gomer:

Michaelhatesfans
01-02-10, 03:21 AM
Absolutely no bumping old threads. The history in this forum should remain history. If you want to discuss an old thread, then link it.
This forum is for discussion of Champ Car racing only. No discussion of the series that replaced it or other current racing series will be permitted.

Enjoy.

Crap, so if I want to enquire about Johnny Herbert coming over to CART, I've got to go digging for the original thread? What a pain in the ass.

:cool:

dando
01-03-10, 11:46 AM
Crap, so if I want to enquire about Johnny Herbert coming over to CART, I've got to go digging for the original thread? What a pain in the ass.

Dude, I'm still trying to find a certain thread with a few posts about gin consumption.... :gomer: :p

-Kevin

Michaelhatesfans
01-04-10, 03:16 AM
Dude, I'm still trying to find a certain thread with a few posts about gin consumption.... :gomer: :p

-Kevin

Gin is my albatross, I'm afraid.

manic mechanic
12-25-10, 10:35 PM
I wrote it a year ago, and it holds true today.

Happy Holidays to all my friends!

manic

I miss the racing, but it is secondary to the friendships that were made at the track.

I miss my friends the most.

Merry Christmas to all,

manic

Corner5
12-26-10, 11:48 AM
Happy Holidays!

http://www.elkhartlake.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/Snowy-Depot-winter.jpg

patski
12-26-10, 03:38 PM
Happy Holidays!

http://www.elkhartlake.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/Snowy-Depot-winter.jpg

Great Pix! Tnks!