PDA

View Full Version : Condo Advice

Easy
12-23-09, 10:23 PM
I live on the top floor of my condo building (not a tall one, 6 fl) and I can hear the roof leaking tiny drops every few seconds onto the ceiling. I called this AM to inform the management agency what was happening (this has happened before) and they said they would send someone out immediately. Last time they did. Now I get home at 7pm and its still dripping and there is a wet spot. Its over the bathtub this time but still, its after 5 and the management office has no nighttime contact.

Do I have any choice other than waiting until the AM to raise hell and deal with whatever damage occurs? They are responsible for the repairs but I have a sagging section of drywall tape sagging over my kitchen counter from the first leak 18 months ago they still haven't fixed.

Any advice?

Brickman
12-24-09, 12:07 AM
I live on the top floor of my condo building (not a tall one, 6 fl) and I can hear the roof leaking tiny drops every few seconds onto the ceiling. I called this AM to inform the management agency what was happening (this has happened before) and they said they would send someone out immediately. Last time they did. Now I get home at 7pm and its still dripping and there is a wet spot. Its over the bathtub this time but still, its after 5 and the management office has no nighttime contact.

Do I have any choice other than waiting until the AM to raise hell and deal with whatever damage occurs? They are responsible for the repairs but I have a sagging section of drywall tape sagging over my kitchen counter from the first leak 18 months ago they still haven't fixed.

Any advice?

Make sure you put all complaints in writing(document, document, document) take photos, and ask a lawyer friend to write a letter. That's the best way to move things along.

Good Luck.

Indy
12-24-09, 04:52 AM
Don't buy a condo. :laugh:

Easy
12-24-09, 01:56 PM
Don't buy a condo. :laugh:

Yeah, realized that after the real estate market died.

Leak taken care of. Damage remained minimal. Condo ownership sucks.