PDA

View Full Version : Mr. Branson and Ms. Patrick

TedN
12-22-09, 07:46 AM
Oh pleeeeease .....

Richard Branson has revealed he was on the hunt for a female driver to race for his Virgin Formula One team next year.

He told the Daily Star he wanted IndyCar driver Danica Patrick in his line-up for 2010, but couldn't persuade her to leave the USA. She has experienced success in America's premier single-seater series, finishing fifth in this year's championship and winning a race in 2008.

Link (http://http://en.espnf1.com/virgin/motorsport/story/5405.html)

Ted

pchall
12-22-09, 08:48 AM
Oh pleeeeease .....
Ted

Virgin needs a driver, not a publicity tool. There are so many more qualified women these days -- and all of them have legitimate wins in ladder series on their resumés.

STD
12-22-09, 10:50 AM
:rofl:

Gangrel
12-22-09, 11:28 AM
Virgin needs a driver, not a publicity tool....

Are you sure about that? Branson suuuuuure seems to love his publicity tools....

NismoZ
12-22-09, 04:24 PM
I think he WANTED Danica...knowhaddamean?;)

Gnam
12-22-09, 04:39 PM
Tiger Woods syndrome: Even when the world's your oyster, sometimes you just want a cheap dish. :shakehead

TrueBrit
12-22-09, 05:41 PM
Tiger Woods syndrome: Even when the world's your oyster, sometimes you just want a cheap dish. :shakehead

..or 14...

pchall
12-22-09, 05:51 PM
Are you sure about that? Branson suuuuuure seems to love his publicity tools....

Well, then hire 100 grid girls and present them painted in the team livery nude every race. But leave the racing to the professionals.

stroker
12-22-09, 08:04 PM
Hey, I gots a great idea. Hold a test session and invite Kat and Danica. I'm guessing Danica never shows up.

opinionated ow
12-22-09, 08:45 PM
Hey, I gots a great idea. Hold a test session and invite Kat and Danica. I'm guessing Danica never shows up.

Make it a mega battle

-Katherine Legge
-Susie Stoddart
-Danica Patrick
-Simona de Silvestro
-Natacha Gachnang
-Cyndie Allemann
-Rahel Frey
-Leanne Tander
-Samantha Reid

IlliniRacer
12-26-09, 12:51 AM
Make it a mega battle

-Katherine Legge
-Susie Stoddart
-Danica Patrick
-Simona de Silvestro
-Natacha Gachnang
-Cyndie Allemann
-Rahel Frey
-Leanne Tander
-Samantha Reid

Whatever happened to Ashley Taws and Sara Senske?

Elmo T
12-26-09, 08:04 AM
Whatever happened to Ashley Taws

Serious traffic accident a few years back - fractured spine, rushed aorta, multiple internal injuries as I recall. Not sure she ever returned to the cockpit. :(

devilmaster
12-26-09, 11:41 AM
Serious traffic accident a few years back - fractured spine, rushed aorta, multiple internal injuries as I recall. Not sure she ever returned to the cockpit. :(

She did return for a bit. And iirc, did a few races in cascar.... but then hung it up for good.

pchall
12-26-09, 12:03 PM
She did return for a bit. And iirc, did a few races in cascar.... but then hung it up for good.

It was a shame that she was so badly hurt in a road accident. She seemed to have so much promise in Formula Ford.