PDA

View Full Version : Foyt Racing does something smart

IlliniRacer
06-03-03, 09:05 PM
Never in a million years did I think I could put those words together in a sentence. However, Jayski.com (http://www.jayski.com) is reporting that Foyt will replace Larry Boy at Sears Point with PJ Jones. I do regret that we will not be able to witness the comedy of errors of Larry Boy try to turn right.

pchall
06-03-03, 09:11 PM
Sears Point is one of the two NASCAR races I actually enjoy watching on TV. I'm disappointed that there won't be comic relief at the back of the field.

Railbird
06-03-03, 09:13 PM
Poor old PJ.

While not up to his dad's spec he surely deserves a better deal than that box.

I saw him slagging around Gasoline Alley looking for a ride while Quatro and Sarah were looking for their ass.

Ziggy
06-03-03, 10:30 PM
Thinking of PJ, Im not so sure this is a good idea. I also think Pat Patrick sort of threw him to the wolves with a Swift.

Another one of those "never know" deals. Gurney's cars were slugs.

Ziggy

chop456
06-03-03, 10:39 PM
I've often wondered why he hasn't gone to the ALMS. As I recall, he had a little success in road racing a while back. Some Fangio guy, too.

Seems like he'd be a natural for the Panoz.

Sean O'Gorman
06-03-03, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by Ziggy
Thinking of PJ, Im not so sure this is a good idea. I also think Pat Patrick sort of threw him to the wolves with a Swift.

Ziggy

I guess it all depends on how much crappier Foyt's team got since last year. Remember P.J. did finish in the top 5 at Watkins Glen in a Foyt sled last year.

Hink
06-04-03, 12:19 AM

Ziggy

But not in IMSA! ;)

Ziggy
06-04-03, 03:04 AM
Dont remember, because I did'nt care. Is'nt Watkins Glen the race where it's OK for the second place guy to crash the leader on the last lap?

Dats rayit JuniorJoeBob, We wuz jes sidebyside' comin' outda last corner ain we rubbed a ettle, ats racin'

Ziggy

cart7
06-04-03, 06:14 AM
The PJ thing was announced the other night on totally Nascar. I don't know why I was watching, but I did catch a Toyota commercial, mid-show, selling the Camry!! :eek: :laugh:

pchall
06-04-03, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by cart7
The PJ thing was announced the other night on totally Nascar. I don't know why I was watching, but I did catch a Toyota commercial, mid-show, selling the Camry!! :eek: :laugh:

That's how you start influencing the faithful idiots.

They will be in the Cup series by 2005.

Jag_Warrior
06-04-03, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by Railbird
... while Quatro and Sarah were looking for their ass.

Nah, I can't do it. Way too easy. ;) :laugh:

Jag_Warrior
06-04-03, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by cart7

And I saw a Jaguar commercial during the last NASCAR race I watched (Daytona?). But I haven't seen any Jag ads during CART presentations. :confused:

Joe in LA
06-04-03, 04:14 PM

Ziggy

When Barron and PJ were both on the team, the test team manager told me that first time Barron got in the car, Barron had PJ's measure. PJ's OK, and I wish him well, but I don't think he was or is front line material.

Ziggy
06-04-03, 09:04 PM
I would agree with that Joe (who is in LA)!!!

Come see me in the fall

Ziggy

Racewriter
06-04-03, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by Joe in LA
When Barron and PJ were both on the team, the test team manager told me that first time Barron got in the car, Barron had PJ's measure. PJ's OK, and I wish him well, but I don't think he was or is front line material.

A team member for another team PJ drove for described him as "talented, but very unfocused." Said he didn't communicate well with the crew, or hang around much TO communicate with them.

That said, his run at the Glen is Foyt's best in Cup since Foyt's second place at the '79 Daytona 500.

Joe in LA
06-05-03, 12:02 AM
I would agree with that Joe (who is in LA)!!!

Come see me in the fall

Ziggy

I'm hoping to do just that. I've got the race and plane tickets, now I just have to pray that a work conflict clears before then.