PDA

View Full Version : 1200 and 140

SurfaceUnits
12-12-09, 12:00 AM
What are the number of limos and private jets required in Copenhagen this week to save the planet? :laugh:

KLang
12-12-09, 10:49 AM
I read somewhere last week that there isn't enough room at the airport to park all those jets. They drop off their passenger and fly somewhere else to park.

opinionated ow
12-12-09, 11:19 AM
Australia a piddling little country of 20 million sent 114 whilst the UK a piddling little country of 60 million sent 72. I can tell you which country people believe it more and I can tell you it isn't Australia...

SurfaceUnits
12-12-09, 12:12 PM
I guess the people of Copenhagen will have to suffer so the rest of the world can get its carbon footprint in order :rolleyes:

miatanut
12-12-09, 02:50 PM
Australia a piddling little country of 20 million sent 114 whilst the UK a piddling little country of 60 million sent 72. I can tell you which country people believe it more and I can tell you it isn't Australia...

The population of Australia is less than the population of California? There's been a lot of innovation from a country so small!

dando
12-12-09, 02:58 PM
The population of Australia is less than the population of California? There's been a lot of innovation from a country so small!

Vegemite, Paul Hogan and Men @ Work don't count as innovation. :gomer: :p

-Kevin

datachicane
12-12-09, 03:43 PM
What are the number of limos and private jets required in Copenhagen this week to save the planet? :laugh:

We'll know if 1200 and 140 is the answer when we see what they come up with. I'm going to go out on a limb and predict that whatever the correct number may be, 1200 and 140 isn't it.

Ankf00
12-12-09, 05:06 PM

knifey spooney & Russell Crowe's Fightin' Around the World?

miatanut
12-12-09, 07:02 PM
Vegemite, Paul Hogan and Men @ Work don't count as innovation. :gomer: :p

-Kevin

I was thinking more of the differential, Orbital engine, variable ratio rack and pinion steering (Danica's savior :(), electric drill, and a bunch of other stuff which I'm sure the Aussies could get us up to speed on.

Cam
12-12-09, 07:33 PM
I was thinking more of the differential, Orbital engine, variable ratio rack and pinion steering (Danica's savior :(), electric drill, and a bunch of other stuff which I'm sure the Aussies could get us up to speed on.

WiFi.

opinionated ow
12-12-09, 09:29 PM
WiFi.

Blackbox, Rotary Washing Line, Self firing gun (Gallipoli!), Aeroplane escape slide, Racecam, Stump-Jump Plough, Cochlear Ear, Swine Flu vaccine, Box Kite, Esky, Winged Keel...we're a pretty crafty bunch really

(We'll claim the whole of penicillin although strictly speaking we had some pommy help)

Gnam
12-13-09, 01:13 AM
I guess it's true what they say, convicts are some of the most resourceful people. :p

Boatdesigner
12-15-09, 02:19 AM
Winged Keel...we're a pretty crafty bunch really

The winged keel was actually designed by a Dutchman, but the rules said the boat had to be designed by an Aussie. So, Ben Lexcen gets famous for a keel designed by a couple of Dutch engineers in Holland. The suggestion for the wings came from an aerodynamicist named Joop Sloof, based on a patent filed by Richard Whitcomb from NASA. Sloof was working with Peter van Oossanen on the keel design. Although Dutch by birth, van Oossanen actually spent most of his childhood in Australia before going back to Holland to study. Interesting story on all of this in the Oct/Nov Professional Boatbuilder.

I will wholeheartedly agree on the "crafty bunch" though! I didn't know about many of the things cited as Aussie inventions, learn something new everyday!

opinionated ow
12-15-09, 03:41 AM
The winged keel was actually designed by a Dutchman, but the rules said the boat had to be designed by an Aussie. So, Ben Lexcen gets famous for a keel designed by a couple of Dutch engineers in Holland. The suggestion for the wings came from an aerodynamicist named Joop Sloof, based on a patent filed by Richard Whitcomb from NASA. Sloof was working with Peter van Oossanen on the keel design. Although Dutch by birth, van Oossanen actually spent most of his childhood in Australia before going back to Holland to study. Interesting story on all of this in the Oct/Nov Professional Boatbuilder.

I will wholeheartedly agree on the "crafty bunch" though! I didn't know about many of the things cited as Aussie inventions, learn something new everyday!

It's debatable. AND it's ours. Bugger evidence, its ours :p

emjaya
12-15-09, 10:09 AM
Although Dutch by birth, van Oossanen actually spent most of his childhood in Australia before going back to Holland to study.

That's more than enough to claim him as an Australian. If you live here for a couple of years or marry an Aussie, you're ours. *See below.

Refer: The Bee Gee's, Olivia Newton-John, and not forgeting 'Our Tom Cruise' as he was known in the Oz media, pre divorce. :rolleyes:

*Except Russell Crowe.

Russell Crowe

See above. Blame New Zealand for Russell Crowe.

Hi Kiwifan. :wave:

opinionated ow
12-15-09, 10:40 AM
That's more than enough to claim him as an Australian. If you live here for a couple of years or marry an Aussie, you're ours. *See below.

Refer: The Bee Gee's, Olivia Newton-John, and not forgeting 'Our Tom Cruise' as he was known in the Oz media, pre divorce. :rolleyes:

*Except Russell Crowe.

Basically if you're Australasian we'll claim you until you do something wrong in which case you're actually New Zealandish :p Hi Kiwifan.

Gnam
12-15-09, 03:30 PM
*Except Russell Crowe.

Looks like he's England's problem now.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/film/2772734/First-look-at-Russell-Crowe-in-epic-Robin-Hood-trailer.html

Boatdesigner
12-15-09, 08:29 PM
Did you forget Mel Gibson, or did you leave him out on purpose?:)

datachicane
12-15-09, 09:48 PM

:rofl:

opinionated ow
12-15-09, 09:55 PM

He's one of yours by birth...

Kiwifan
12-16-09, 02:45 AM
You Aussies, this could get ugly if we let it, The Bungy, Zorb, Jetboat, Air Compressor, Water Sprinkler, Egg Beater, Electric Fence, Tranquilliser Gun, Stamp Vending Machine, Pavlova, Shearing Combs, Electric Petrol Pumps and some guy split the atom.

I'm picking one of you lot invented the Flyswat? :) :)

Rusty.

PS, you can have Russell Crowe. ;)

emjaya
12-16-09, 08:21 AM
You Aussies, this could get ugly if we let it, The Bungy, Zorb, Jetboat, Air Compressor, Water Sprinkler, Egg Beater, Electric Fence, Tranquilliser Gun, Stamp Vending Machine, Pavlova, Shearing Combs, Electric Petrol Pumps and some guy split the atom.

I'm picking one of you lot invented the Flyswat? :) :)

Rusty.

PS, you can have Russell Crowe. ;)

Only if we get Crowded House too.

Cam
12-16-09, 07:21 PM
Only if we get Crowded House too.

Pass.

Boatdesigner
12-17-09, 08:51 PM
He's one of yours by birth...

Didn't he live there long enough for you to claim him?:D