PDA

View Full Version : Sosa caught with a corked bat

rocket
06-03-03, 08:47 PM
That's what a buddy just called and told me, nothing I can see on the net yet....anyone else know anything?:shakehead

JoeBob
06-03-03, 09:01 PM
http://espn.go.com/mlb/news/2003/0603/1562772.html

chop456
06-03-03, 09:51 PM
Guess he was trying to make up for the fact that he's been below the Mendoza line since getting plunked.

Idiot.

pchall
06-03-03, 10:07 PM
I heard this during the Reds win over the Yankees. Sosa has now cast doubt on every home run he has hit.

What a maroon!

Lizzerd
06-03-03, 10:13 PM
The Mendoza line... the mythical minimum level of performance required to keep your job. Drop below it and you're not good enough. Stay just above it, and you are.

This could be a whole other thread in any of the racing forums. Of course, a pocket full of change somehow lowers the line for many.

Don Quixote
06-04-03, 10:09 AM
Sosa's excuses are ridiculous. If he does have corked bats lying around to use in batting practice, wouldn't they be clearly marked? Cheat.

WickerBill
06-04-03, 12:19 PM
I agree DQ. Last year it was steroid rumors (don't forget, this guy was built like Iggy Pop when he came to the Cubs) and now corked bats. I love the Cubs, but I wonder about Sammy, and wonder what kind of pitching talent the Cubs could have gotten in a trade...

JSR
06-04-03, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by Don Quixote
If he does have corked bats lying around to use in batting practice, wouldn't they be clearly marked?

This is a very good point.

Even if Sosa were telling the truth, which I hope he is, it's seems that this could have happened on more than one occasion. Unless we are to believe that the only time he used his corked BP bat in a game was the day it busted for all to see.