PDA

View Full Version : Another Anti-Virus thread...

stroker
12-06-09, 12:28 AM
My computer just suddenly popped up and says it's rank with hundreds of Trojans. I don't know what changed unless my Avast just uploaded a new package that found a bunch of stuff. I've spent the last 30 minutes opening and saving (what I assume are) anti-virus software as prompted by the system. It doesn't seem to be ending any time soon... I'm tempted to just unplug it, turn it off and take it somewhere to be cleaned rather than exacerbate my carpal tunnel.

Suggestions?

G.
12-06-09, 02:25 AM
saving (what I assume are) anti-virus software as prompted by the system.
Suggestions?

Stop.

What part of your system prompts you to DL AV software?

The virus part.

dando
12-06-09, 10:25 AM
My computer just suddenly popped up and says it's rank with hundreds of Trojans. I don't know what changed unless my Avast just uploaded a new package that found a bunch of stuff. I've spent the last 30 minutes opening and saving (what I assume are) anti-virus software as prompted by the system. It doesn't seem to be ending any time soon... I'm tempted to just unplug it, turn it off and take it somewhere to be cleaned rather than exacerbate my carpal tunnel.

Suggestions?

I spoke to a buddy of mine Fri. Avast screwed the pooch and the overnight update Fri, but they should have fixed the issue with another update a few hours later. The problem supposedly only affected users if they were active when the overnight update occurred. Apparently they identified a Delphi component that is used by most applications. There should be plenty of information on the issue on AV boards.

-Kevin