PDA

View Full Version : Kimi To Citroen/WRC

NismoZ
12-03-09, 09:57 AM
Autosport saying it's a done deal. To Citroen's Red Bull Jr. Team. Guess he couldn't get a McLaren deal done (he wanted too much money?) but word is he may be back in F-1 in '11 with Vettel at Red Bull. Interesting.

Lux Interior
12-04-09, 11:18 PM
Autosport says it's official as of today. Hope they put WRC on speed or something. WRC in HD would be awesome. :thumbup:

Sean Malone
12-05-09, 12:22 AM
Can you say 'career killer'? No more F1 for Kimi.

Rogue Leader
12-05-09, 01:24 AM
Autosport says it's official as of today. Hope they put WRC on speed or something. WRC in HD would be awesome. :thumbup:

WRC is on Discovery HD. Its 1 hour recaps but I think the coverage is perfect actually.

PS I wonder how long till Kimi doesn't give a **** about Rallying either, like he did with F1

miatanut
12-05-09, 01:39 AM
Can you say 'career killer'? No more F1 for Kimi.

Think so? Kimi's always had the reputation of being his own man. Besides, the rally guys are the real drivers. Trees or cliffs awaiting if they screw up, instead of this racing between painted lines or 2 1/2" tall curbs BS.

Lux Interior
12-05-09, 02:18 AM
WRC is on Discovery HD. Its 1 hour recaps but I think the coverage is perfect actually.

PS I wonder how long till Kimi doesn't give a **** about Rallying either, like he did with F1

Discovery HD? One hour? That's PERFECT:thumbup: Thanks that will be great for me. I'm probably just going to watch WRC next year then and nothing else.

oddlycalm
12-05-09, 05:36 AM
Discovery HD? One hour? That's PERFECT:thumbup: Thanks that will be great for me. I'm probably just going to watch WRC next year then and nothing else.

AFAIK they don't air it on HDT until the season is over. I'm watching the 2009 season right now. I may have missed it but...

oc

Sean Malone
12-05-09, 11:14 AM
Think so? Kimi's always had the reputation of being his own man. Besides, the rally guys are the real drivers. Trees or cliffs awaiting if they screw up, instead of this racing between painted lines or 2 1/2" tall curbs BS.

My comment isn't aimed at disparaging Kimi, but rather towards the general mindset of F1 team owners. A year from now the top teams won't want him and Kimi won't want the lesser teams.

I have nothing but respect for rally drivers.

NismoZ
12-05-09, 04:58 PM
One rumor has Red Bull moving him back up to their F-1 operation after 1 season in WRC. I don't think there is any doubt the only reason he isn't at McLaren is they wouldn't pay him what he wanted (30 mil. I read, on top of the 20 mil. Ferrari buyout? That's pretty serious cash.) So whose contract is up at RB after next season, or might have a much lower buyout clause in his contract? Ain't gonna be Vettel!:D

G.
12-05-09, 05:08 PM

Attention MUST BE PAID!
link to here, or there (http://www.offcamber.net/forums/showthread.php?t=15982)

It's good stuff. :thumbup:

Anyone see the Russian team imitate Evel Knevel last week?

emjaya
12-06-09, 08:30 AM
One rumor has Red Bull moving him back up to their F-1 operation after 1 season in WRC. I don't think there is any doubt the only reason he isn't at McLaren is they wouldn't pay him what he wanted (30 mil. I read, on top of the 20 mil. Ferrari buyout? That's pretty serious cash.) So whose contract is up at RB after next season, or might have a much lower buyout clause in his contract? Ain't gonna be Vettel!:D

Unless Vettel goes to Mercedes, another rumour running around. :gomer:

NismoZ
12-06-09, 09:45 AM
Sneaky Germans.

Rogue Leader
12-07-09, 12:05 PM
AFAIK they don't air it on HDT until the season is over. I'm watching the 2009 season right now. I may have missed it but...

oc

Thats b/c HDT just got the rights to it recently after the season was over. I believe they will be playing the recaps the same weekend or weekend after each event for 2010.

extramundane
12-07-09, 12:07 PM
Thats b/c HDT just got the rights to it recently after the season was over. I believe they will be playing the recaps the same weekend or weekend after each event for 2010.

Let's hope. It's not like HDT is overrun with new content. I really like the Brit car shows, but I think I've seen them fix up that 928 7 or 8 times now.

emjaya
01-05-10, 10:19 PM

That rumour is not going away.

http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=990635

"That is a pure rumour," Marko told the Austrian sports website laola1.at.

"Raikkonen is going to drive the rallies in 2010, and what happens after that, we will see."

In other words: Deal done. ;)