PDA

View Full Version : Interesting article about May in Indy

Lizzerd
06-03-03, 04:09 PM
Long but interesting article by Earl Ma.

Link (http://www.racingpress.com/publish/article_166.shtml)

He takes a shot at just about everything many of us dislike about IMS, irl, TG, AJ, Mikey, The Split...

Page four is particularly interesting to me. Ma must have been reading my mind when he wrote this:

Consider myself among the many CART loyalists who felt betrayed, and at a personal level, over some of the things Michael did and said last year when he abandoned the series he helped build with both ends of the bridge burning. I have no doubt he finds himself on the list of those Chris Pook "wouldn?t piss on if their brains were on fire" after how they fled to IRL.

There is also quite a slam at a certain contributor to this and other forums on the same page.

Don Quixote
06-03-03, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by Lizzerd
There is also quite a slam at a certain contributor to this and other forums on the same page.
I think he misses the main point about how offensive it is that someone who has treated the fans so poorly for his entire career, (and we have all seen it), is now asking those same fans for help in celebrating his retirement.

cart7
06-03-03, 08:44 PM
Pretty good article. Interesting stuff I didn't know about Takagi.

pchall
06-03-03, 09:13 PM
It reads like a pastiche of everything left unpublished in his notes for the month.

doppelganger
06-04-03, 10:28 AM
Excellent article. This is journalism at it's best. It seems to me this guy knows what and who he's writing about.