PDA

View Full Version : A Brazilian street race

Michaelhatesfans
11-25-09, 11:33 PM
Take that, gomers!:rofl:

And that should just about finish off any remaining supporters of the original vision....:laugh:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/80336

Napoleon
11-26-09, 07:02 AM
And that should just about finish off any remaining supporters of the original vision

We are long been past the point where any supporter of the original vision who is able to think for themselves is defending the IRL. The people who are left would tell you that appointing Andrew Craig to run the IRL is a good thing if that should come to pass.

Still, I love this because I am sure there are plenty of now non-supporters or people who may follow the IRL but realize they were taken for a ride for which news like this will cause them to feel just a little bit worse about the IRL.

Happy Thanksgiving suckers!

pchall
11-26-09, 02:42 PM
Happy Thanksgiving suckers!

Too bad there is no such thing as tryptophane over dosing.

EVL29
11-26-09, 03:45 PM
From the link...

"The IndyCar Series has chosen the city of Sao Paulo for its new Brazilian street race."

Can you say 'pay to play'?

:laugh:

oddlycalm
11-26-09, 04:23 PM
Terry Angstadt added: "While our primary focus continues to be building the sport of the IZOD IndyCar Series domestically...."
...we're going to accomplish that by having a street race in Brazil. :tony:

oc

TravelGal
11-26-09, 05:46 PM
<<<<mumbles to self: I wonder if they have the visa problem straightened out?

Last I checked (about six weeks ago), the western US and parts of Canada were stuck in a bottleneck of visas applications about 4 months long. "Computer problems" we were told. Eastern US and the rest of Canada not affected.

pchall
11-26-09, 11:42 PM
Why a street race? There are permanent circuits all over the country.

cart7
11-27-09, 01:49 PM

but nobody willing to pay to see them race.

Gotta love more beer tents, wet T-shirt contests and event fans.

eiregosod
11-27-09, 02:42 PM
a brazilian strett race? has to be something to do with bif 'waxing' his better half in a time trial.

Don Quixote
11-27-09, 04:31 PM
I wonder if Tippy Gomez will have the travel budget to cover a race in Brazil.

Winston Wolfe
11-27-09, 10:46 PM

dont forget sand volleyball, drifting, BMX vert ramps and MotoRock:D

NismoZ
11-28-09, 06:09 PM
Hey, don't knock those...has to be something for the TRUE race fan!:gomer:

pchall
11-29-09, 08:55 AM
Hey, don't knock those...has to be something for the TRUE race fan!:gomer:

Sand volley ball has gone way too professional. Needs to get back to more bouncing boobies for the male fans and hard decent butts for the women to admire.

stroker
11-29-09, 11:59 AM
Sand volley ball has gone way too professional. Needs to get back to more bouncing boobies for the male fans and hard decent butts for the women to admire.

Or the reverse.

Not that there's anything wrong with that....

NismoZ
11-29-09, 12:53 PM
Like I said, bouncing boobies and the true race fan. Same same.:gomer: (and they don't even have to be playing in the sand. Just walking by is nice.)

Gangrel
11-29-09, 08:03 PM
Too bad there is no such thing as tryptophane over dosing.

There is. It is just rarely if ever fatal. It just makes IRL fans look....well, like IRL fans. :D

Tim
11-29-09, 11:12 PM
You mean like the biggest group of hypocrites on the planet? Now that Kellner is on board with them the world is going to end.

Napoleon
11-30-09, 06:08 AM
Now that Kellner is on board with them the world is going to end.

Huh?? What are you talking about?

NismoZ
11-30-09, 11:28 AM
Any relation to the B. Dana Kellner who raced TR-4s back in the 60s? Used to dice with Jim Spencer and Bob Tullius. Great racing!:)

Don Quixote
11-30-09, 04:27 PM
Huh?? What are you talking about? Kellner, no way! He is credited for coining the terms bricksylvania, crapwagon and formula neck snap.

Napoleon
11-30-09, 05:17 PM
He is credited for coining the terms bricksylvania, crapwagon and formula neck snap.

All of which still make me laugh.

Sean Malone
11-30-09, 05:52 PM
Yes, I recall a thread here a year or so ago in which Mike stated he would rather stand united now that Champ Car was dead than see American open wheel die all together.

Indy
11-30-09, 11:43 PM
bricksylvania

:rofl:

Michaelhatesfans
12-01-09, 03:42 AM
Yes, I recall a thread here a year or so ago in which Mike stated he would rather stand united now that Champ Car was dead than see American open wheel die all together.

Did anyone think to send him a get well card?

DagoFast
12-01-09, 11:40 AM
Did anyone think to send him a get well card?

I don't think its possible to recover from what now ails him. :gomer: -itis<=incurable condition.

pchall
12-01-09, 12:06 PM
:gomer: -itis<=incurable condition.

There is a lot of hate left. FTG killed our sport.

datachicane
12-02-09, 01:10 AM
I don't think its possible to recover from what now ails him. :gomer: -itis<=incurable condition.

Kellner? Gomeritis? That I seriously doubt.
He's the Yoda of the hate (and that's not a criticism).
Fifth column is more plausible.

G.
12-02-09, 02:32 AM
Kellner? Gomeritis? That I seriously doubt.

you'd be wrong.

Read his last comments here, see him at TF.

It's not like he's gone full :gomer:, but he's posting about how to improve Mindy and the leegue.

It's kinda weird.

pchall
12-02-09, 06:36 AM
you'd be wrong.

Read his last comments here, see him at TF.

It's not like he's gone full :gomer:, but he's posting about how to improve Mindy and the leegue.

It's kinda weird.

It is weird. He needs a tranfusion of hate for all things IRL, Mindy, and Tony George.

Napoleon
12-02-09, 09:01 AM
It is weird. He needs a tranfusion of hate for all things IRL, Mindy, and Tony George.

Well if he needs a donor I stand willing and able.

Sean Malone
12-02-09, 11:05 AM
He simply needs to attend his local IRL fiasco, er 'race'. The hate comes flooding back.

Went to St Pete this year...bought a hat...wished Graham Rahal luck in the pits...watched the race and drove home cussing Tony George.

Indy
12-02-09, 12:06 PM
Exactly, Sean. I'll bet he hasn't been to one.

I went through the same thing for a time. When your army surrenders, there is no point in fighting as a civilian. You may as well buddy up to the new system and see what you can do to make life better for yourself and your countrymen.

EXCEPT when the invading Army proves to be so evil that you should prefer to die rather than submit to them. Then you go rebel and fight to the death. Which is precisely what this situation requires. The IRL is not simply awful, it is wrong in it's very core philosophies, and it must be resisted, or at the very least, completely ignored.

It is still hard for me to believe he, of all people, does not get this. Maybe he will come around.

Napoleon
12-02-09, 01:04 PM
When your army surrenders, there is no point in fighting as a civilian.

But you could go all Japanese and hide out in the jungle for years.

Don Quixote
12-02-09, 01:41 PM
But you could go all Japanese and hide out in the jungle for years. I thought that is what we are doing here! :D

datachicane
12-02-09, 01:56 PM
I thought that is what we are doing here! :D

Lovey, have Gilligan fix me another coconut martini, a bit dryer this time.
:D

Napoleon
12-02-09, 01:57 PM
I thought that is what we are doing here! :D

Good point!

pchall
12-02-09, 02:39 PM
But you could go all Japanese and hide out in the jungle for years.

Yes!!! That is why I love this place. The last of the crazy hold outs who remember what real racing was and when it was a true sport post here. And they are my true friends.

Sean Malone
12-02-09, 03:06 PM
Pure speculation on my part, but I’m guessing that once Champ Car was finally dead, Mike K felt his effort to educate the unenlightened IRL fans was better served in their own world on TF as opposed to that romper room cesspool that became ,,,’s playground.

Napoleon
12-02-09, 03:10 PM
. . . Mike K felt his effort to educate the unenlightened IRL fans . . .

Wow, that is like teaching physics to a goat.

Napoleon
12-02-09, 03:12 PM
On further reflection I apologize to any goats that visit these forums for that last post of mine.

Don Quixote
12-02-09, 03:12 PM
Wow, that is like teaching physics to a goat. It may be more like teaching physics to a rock. :)

Sean Malone
12-02-09, 03:22 PM
On further reflection I apologize to any goats that visit these forums for that last post of mine.

True...but the goats are kept in cages and are too dumb to counter with anything other than what the herders tells them to. The other place, on the other hand, had 'secret' ,,, police with ulterior motives and hidden agenda's... or so I've been told. I personally stayed far away from both.

cameraman
12-02-09, 03:46 PM
True...but the goats are kept in cages and are too dumb to counter with anything other than what the herders tells them to.

So in other words you have never actually dealt with a goat:eek:

Sean Malone
12-02-09, 03:49 PM
So in other words you have never actually dealt with a goat:eek:

Only the ones that escaped their cage. :)

Michaelhatesfans
12-02-09, 05:00 PM
Yes!!! That is why I love this place. The last of the crazy hold outs who remember what real racing was and when it was a true sport post here. And they are my true friends.

:thumbup:

Don Quixote
12-02-09, 05:15 PM
I went through the same thing for a time. When your army surrenders, there is no point in fighting as a civilian. You may as well buddy up to the new system and see what you can do to make life better for yourself and your countrymen. Was that before or after the Rahal incident. :D

Napoleon
12-02-09, 05:15 PM
. . . Mike K felt his effort to educate the unenlightened IRL fans was better served in their own world on TF. . .

Here we have an action photo of an IRL fan in his (or is it her?) own world on TF. I hope he doesn't fling poo at Mike.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_v63oTveUEGI/STCQinmPvuI/AAAAAAAAHYg/fPpgi3iHZmU/s400/ChimpanzeeAppleComputer.jpg

oddlycalm
12-02-09, 06:13 PM
Goat getting a physics lesson. I've always felt the EARL was one big goat rope.

oc

http://www.huntgirlrodeo.com/files/Goat_Tying.jpg

cameraman
12-02-09, 06:22 PM
I have always felt that if you are going to rope a goat it shouldn't be on a leash. It should be a fairer fight.

Indy
12-02-09, 09:04 PM
Was that before or after the Rahal incident. :D

After. The Rahal incident was at Siebkens, which means it was a couple of seasons before CCWS blinked out. I was in full hater mode then. Which I am again now, but without actual racing events to attend. :irked:

Indy
12-02-09, 09:05 PM

Dude, you are O.K. :sniff:

oddlycalm
12-02-09, 09:42 PM
I have always felt that if you are going to rope a goat it shouldn't be on a leash. It should be a fairer fight.
Agreed, contrived sport is as bad as contrived racing.

oc

datachicane
12-02-09, 11:06 PM
Agreed, contrived sport is as bad as contrived racing.

oc

Yep. Being from the Northwest, I was raised in a family of hunters (heck, my Grandfather was my Oregon Young Hunter instructor at an age when I'd rather be playing with my Major Matt Mason).

Since the subsistence hunting that many families here once relied on has entirely given way to sport hunting, I've long thought that, now that it is just a sport, hunting could do with some serious rule revisions.

Screw tags, seasons, licenses, bag limits, restrictions on firearms or ammo- you should be able to hunt whatever you like, whenever you like, with whatever you like. Only one rule- you gotta wear a deer suit.

SteveH
12-02-09, 11:29 PM
Only one rule- you gotta wear a deer suit.

http://possumblog.mu.nu/images/bummer%20of%20a%20birthmark.jpg

Indy
12-03-09, 04:37 AM
Sprechen von dem Teufel...

http://www.trackforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131057

Napoleon
12-03-09, 08:39 AM
Was that before or after the Rahal incident. :D

What was the Rahal incident?

chop456
12-03-09, 09:06 AM
Yep. Being from the Northwest, I was raised in a family of hunters (heck, my Grandfather was my Oregon Young Hunter instructor at an age when I'd rather be playing with my Major Matt Mason).

Since the subsistence hunting that many families here once relied on has entirely given way to sport hunting, I've long thought that, now that it is just a sport, hunting could do with some serious rule revisions.

Screw tags, seasons, licenses, bag limits, restrictions on firearms or ammo- you should be able to hunt whatever you like, whenever you like, with whatever you like. Only one rule- you gotta wear a deer suit.

The deer harvest in Wisconsin is regularly over 350,000 animals. Unfortunately with the lack of predation, if you start culling the hunters too, you'd have to wade through a herd of deer to get to your mailbox. I don't know that the front of my car would support the weight of a cow catcher, either.

And to stay on topic, irl blah, blah, blah.

Don Quixote
12-03-09, 10:44 AM
What was the Rahal incident?

http://www.offcamber.net/forums/showthread.php?t=11794

patski
12-03-09, 11:11 AM
The deer harvest in Wisconsin is regularly over 350,000 animals. Unfortunately with the lack of predation, if you start culling the hunters too, you'd have to wade through a herd of deer to get to your mailbox. I don't know that the front of my car would support the weight of a cow catcher, either.

And to stay on topic, irl blah, blah, blah.

Not any more! Wolf's are taking care of the deer herd nowdays.

Napoleon
12-03-09, 11:56 AM
http://www.offcamber.net/forums/showthread.php?t=11794

Awesome - Indy, I will buy you a beer if we ever meet.

oddlycalm
12-03-09, 06:17 PM

:laugh: This is gonna be our year....:gomer:

oc

dando
12-03-09, 06:48 PM

Ewwwww....I think I stepped in something over there. :yuck: :saywhat: :shakehead

What the heck happened to Kellner? We used to get into because he thought I was a fence-sitter by supporting Rahole (pre-Benadict Arnold move). :confused: :eek:

I'm off to take a shower now.... :gomer:

-Kevin

Indy
12-04-09, 09:08 AM
Awesome - Indy, I will buy you a beer if we ever meet.

Truly the best way to thank me. :thumbup: :laugh:

TKGAngel
12-04-09, 12:37 PM
Get yer popcorn ready...its the 2010 TV schedule!

http://www.aftermarketnews.com/Item/68882/izod_indycar_series_unveils_2010_broadcast_schedul e.aspx

Having two television partners during the 2009 season assisted the growth of our sport and its accessibility to fans, and we have confidence that the 2010 season will reap even bigger gains with ABC and VERSUS' enrichment of their already outstanding programming."

Unless you have DirecTV, that is.

NismoZ
12-06-09, 10:47 PM
Thanks for the warning.