PDA

View Full Version : MORE Deadlines?

NismoZ
11-25-09, 04:31 PM
So, BE is saying neither Donington NOR Silverstone are out of it yet? Is he losing his touch, or what? What about Lebanon or Yeman?

Michaelhatesfans
11-25-09, 11:38 PM
Is he losing his touch, or what?

Nah. Pretty typical, I think. Bernie wouldn't want Silverstone coming to the bargaining table with the notion that he didn't have other options.

pchall
11-26-09, 06:58 AM
Nah. Pretty typical, I think. Bernie wouldn't want Silverstone coming to the bargaining table with the notion that he didn't have other options.

Bernie just wants the money. Every European GP will have to pay the really big bucks like the state supported middle east and asian races just to stay on the calendar.

opinionated ow
11-26-09, 07:56 AM
Bernie just wants the money. Every European GP will have to pay the really big bucks like the state supported middle east and asian races just to stay on the calendar.

when's he going to keel over and cark it?

pchall
11-26-09, 09:25 AM
when's he going to keel over and cark it?

Not soon enough.

We've all been rooting for Bernie and Tony and a helicopter crash for more than a decade.

NismoZ
11-28-09, 06:06 PM
I don't know...he may be up against it. Canada just re-upped for 5 yrs. too. GADS, a European AND a North American round!

NismoZ
12-05-09, 11:18 PM
Monday...latest deadline.

Sean Malone
12-07-09, 12:21 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8397777.stm

devilmaster
12-07-09, 12:36 PM
"This will ensure the British Grand Prix is included on the Formula 1 calendar for many years to come, which is something I've always wanted."

bwahahahahahahahahahahaha[breathe]hahahahahahahahaha

Gnam
12-07-09, 01:53 PM
:rofl: awesome.

NismoZ
12-07-09, 02:56 PM
Yeah, a 17 year deal, just like Donington had!:rofl: How'd that one work out? PS-what is this new "arena" circuit? Three or four new 90s and an extre chicane or 3?

emjaya
12-07-09, 05:18 PM
:\

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/formula_1/article6947165.ece

The Formula One commercial rights-holder initially demanded a £12 million annual fee for the right to stage the race and on top of that a 7 per cent annual increase on that fee calculated on a compound basis. It was this escalator that was frightening Silverstone’s managers, who feared it would force into bankruptcy a business that made a profit of just £662,000 last year.

Ecclestone has now cut the escalator to 5 per cent. Although the deal remains spread over 17 years, it includes a mutual break clause after ten years when Silverstone and Ecclestone, or whoever represents his interests, have the right to pull the plug on the agreement. Under the original terms, Silverstone would have paid a total of £370 million up to 2026 to stage the race, while, in its modified form, the contract commits them to fees of £310 million.

oddlycalm
12-07-09, 08:20 PM
what is this new "arena" circuit? Three or four new 90s and an extre chicane or 3?

When GPDA thought F1 was gone they set about altering the track to suit MotoGP, hence the "arena" circuit. They left Copse, Maggotts and Becketts alone but they replaced everything from Abbey to Brooklands with a new section that extends nearly over to Maggotts and adds some tight turns and a couple straights. The track looks to be longer. They didn't plow up the existing track so there may still be hope...

If Bernie would have left it alone in the first place...:irked:

oc

http://pix.crash.net/motorsport/360/crash471578.jpg

cameraman
12-07-09, 10:01 PM
It looks quite a bit longer. It might not be bad. They didn't hire Tilke to do it...

oddlycalm
12-08-09, 04:50 AM
It looks quite a bit longer. It might not be bad. They didn't hire Tilke to do it...
They did leave the best parts intact, so it could be worse. All the low speed stuff with the existing high speed sections will make quite a setup a challenge.

oc

chop456
12-08-09, 07:04 AM
whoever represents his interests, have the right to pull the plug

Removing context can really improve my mood sometimes.

pchall
12-08-09, 07:55 AM
Removing context can really improve my mood sometimes.

Yup. Here's my version.

...it includes a mutual break clause after ten years when Silverstone and Ecclestone, or whoever represents his interests...

That makes it sound like Bernie's going to become headsicle and wait in a cryogenic facility until he can come back and ruin F1 again in the 22nd century.

eiregosod
12-08-09, 05:27 PM
Yup. Here's my version.

That makes it sound like Bernie's going to become headsicle and wait in a cryogenic facility until he can come back and ruin F1 again in the 22nd century.

yeah just stop and think, "what would bernie do"?

7% compound, the fee would double every 10 years.

anyways, bernie only own a fraction of f1, so @@@@ him.

oddlycalm
12-08-09, 06:18 PM
Unfortunately he owns just enough to rubbish it.

oc

pchall
12-09-09, 12:57 AM
yeah just stop and think, "what would bernie do"?

7% compound, the fee would double every 10 years.

Bernie has control of 100% of the commercial rights, and that is the big bucks.