PDA

View Full Version : Kimi: "Meh."

chop456
11-18-09, 06:09 AM
Former world champion Kimi Raikkonen will take a sabbatical from Formula 1 next year, his manager has revealed, following the collapse of talks with McLaren about a deal for 2010.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/80187

Gotta' say I'll miss watching him more than any other current driver. Especially when it comes to post-race interview drinking games.

emjaya
11-18-09, 09:16 AM
As well as a difference of opinion about wages, Raikkonen and McLaren were believed to not be in agreement about the number of sponsorship appearance days he should do, or about how free he was to do rallies.

Not really the team player. ;)

NismoZ
11-18-09, 11:09 AM
I guess 50 mil. was too much.

Gnam
11-18-09, 08:30 PM
Is that "Meh" as in "Meh-cedes"? ;)

A reputable source on Brazilian SporTV has stated that Kimi Raikkonen has finalized a deal to race for the new Mercedes Grand Prix outfit for 2010.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/293125-kimi-raikkonen-to-race-for-mercedes-in-2010

oddlycalm
11-18-09, 09:56 PM
Is that "Meh" as in "Meh-cedes"? ;)
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/293125-kimi-raikkonen-to-race-for-mercedes-in-2010
If this happens Button ends up looking double dumb.

oc

Easy
11-19-09, 02:41 PM
Button is stupid to make this move whomever takes the MBGP seat. Ferrari always gets the vocal accusation but McLaren has been a one driver focused team at least since Mika was Ron's favorite and is clearly now Hammy's fortress. Sure Brawn didn't keep up on development through the year but now with Mercedes the car development will keep up throughout. As someone else said, Button is a savant of bad career choices.

Gnam
11-19-09, 02:44 PM
It's possible the new management didn't want Button or Rubens.

JohnHKart
11-19-09, 02:55 PM
And I thought I would see buzz building on F1 Racing Live or Autosport about Schumacher to Mercedes. Again it looks like disappointment as we are closer to getting Kimi instead of Michael once again. Bland and boring.

Sean Malone
11-19-09, 03:12 PM
It's possible the new management didn't want Button or Rubens.

That's what I was thinking. When the music stopped JB was able to leverage his new world title for a seat at one of the A tier teams. He'll be at Force India or out all together in '11.

TrueBrit
11-19-09, 04:29 PM
That's what I was thinking. When the music stopped JB was able to leverage his new world title for a seat at one of the A tier teams. He'll be at Force India or out all together in '11.

Not with a three year contract he won't....

TrueBrit
11-19-09, 04:30 PM
As someone else said, Button is a savant of bad career choices.

Dunno about that...David "Next year is the year" Coulthard ranks pretty high up there...

Sean Malone
11-19-09, 04:34 PM
Not with a three contract he won't....

Oh that's right...contracts are written in stone.;)

TrueBrit
11-20-09, 05:45 PM
Oh that's right...contracts are written in stone.;)

Nope, but as FIArrari have found out that are bloody pricey when they aren't...