PDA

View Full Version : STS-129

dando
11-16-09, 01:16 PM
Sadly for elmo, the launch appears to be on schedule for 2:28 today. ;)

http://www.nasa.gov/images/content/402871main_image_1516_946-710.jpg

-Kevin

Gnam
11-16-09, 01:52 PM
Nice. :thumbup:

The mission also will return station crew member Nicole Stott to Earth and is slated to be the final space shuttle crew rotation flight.

From now on the Ruskies control access to the ISS? Good plan.

Elmo T
11-16-09, 02:38 PM
From now on the Ruskies control access to the ISS? Good plan.

They changing the locks while we are gone? ;)

I am still hoping for bad sensor or leaky pipe. A Thursday AM launch would be perfect.

Gnam
11-16-09, 02:42 PM
T-47 minutes.

Engineers evaluating the fuel cell electrical issue have determined it likely is a function of the configuration of the lighting in the crew cabin and there will be no troubleshooting necessary prior to launch.

All systems including weather remain "go." Shuttle Weather Officer Kathy Winters has changed the launch weather forecast to 80-percent chance of favorable conditions at time of liftoff.

dando
11-16-09, 03:28 PM
And away we go....

5 left? :(

-Kevin

Elmo T
11-16-09, 03:39 PM
Is there a shot cooler than seeing the shuttle separate from the external tank? :thumbup:

dando
11-16-09, 03:52 PM
Is there a shot cooler than seeing the shuttle separate from the external tank? :thumbup:

Other than the launch itself, nope. Now that we're re-scheduling our WDW trip, I'm working on planning it around a launch in Feb or March. :thumbup:

-Kevin

SteveH
11-16-09, 04:51 PM
Dr. Robert Satcher treated my youngest son 5+ years ago in Chicago. He was selected as an astronaut between our first appointment and the date of surgery. In fact, the surgery was his last in Chicago. Very cool guy. Impressive resume. NASA asked him to apply. He originally was planning on studying the effect of weightlessness on the body. But now this will probably be his only mission, at least for the foreseeable future.

Good luck Bobby and all the rest. :thumbup: