PDA

View Full Version : Anybody subscribe to this magazine?

stroker
11-15-09, 05:06 PM
Wandered into Barnes & Noble and found "Vintage Motorsport" magazine. About $9 with lots of nice pics of cars, this issue covers the Laguna Seca Historics (notably Porsche) and the BRIC. The cover has a shot of the Penske M6B from the Can-Am. Seems like a nice magazine, but I haven't read it yet. If it sounds like something in which you'd be interested, keep an eye out for it.

miatanut
11-15-09, 06:30 PM
Wandered into Barnes & Noble and found "Vintage Motorsport" magazine. About $9 with lots of nice pics of cars, this issue covers the Laguna Seca Historics (notably Porsche) and the BRIC. The cover has a shot of the Penske M6B from the Can-Am. Seems like a nice magazine, but I haven't read it yet. If it sounds like something in which you'd be interested, keep an eye out for it.

I subscribed for a couple years, but they have a strong :gomer: angle which I got tired of, so I stopped.

Now, Racecar Engineering is the only automotive related publication I still subscribe to.

racermike
11-16-09, 03:26 AM
I read through it at the newstand.

I subscribe to Racecar Engineering as well. Very good stuff!

Michaelhatesfans
11-16-09, 01:36 PM
You might want to have a look at Motorsport (http://www.motorsportmagazine.co.uk/category/historic-racing/). It's Eurocentric, but in realm of historic racing, that's not such a bad thing. They give a bit of coverage to vintage racing, but the bulk of it is stories about past races, drivers, and cars. They have famous drivers and designers contribute to articles like, "The Worst Car I Ever Drove" and "The Car I Wish I Had Designed," things like that. Great fun to go through, and the articles never get old.

The magazine has become a regular feature in conversations with my wife that tend to begin with, "Do we really need twelve year old magazines in the bathroom?" By the time I begin explaining that it's the one with the twelve page article about why the Porsche 956/962 may be the best car ever created, her eyes glaze over and she tries to find another weak spot.:laugh:

dando
11-16-09, 01:43 PM
You might want to have a look at Motorsport (http://www.motorsportmagazine.co.uk/category/historic-racing/). It's Eurocentric, but in realm of historic racing, that's not such a bad thing. They give a bit of coverage to vintage racing, but the bulk of it is stories about past races, drivers, and cars. They have famous drivers and designers contribute to articles like, "The Worst Car I Ever Drove" and "The Car I Wish I Had Designed," things like that. Great fun to go through, and the articles never get old.

The magazine has become a regular feature in conversations with my wife that tend to begin with, "Do we really need twelve year old magazines in the bathroom?" By the time I begin explaining that it's the one with the twelve page article about why the Porsche 956/962 may be the best car ever created, her eyes glaze over and she starts plying me with gin.:laugh:

Fixed. :gomer: :p

-Kevin

Michaelhatesfans
11-17-09, 12:56 AM
Oh, if only her solutions were that simple. Anyway, what's all this gin talk, anyway?:confused:

(whistles innocently)

Don Quixote
11-17-09, 08:56 AM
Clark Gable: "There's nothing in gin that can hurt you."