PDA

View Full Version : Bye Bye Renault

racermike
11-04-09, 06:21 PM
Sounds like they are pushing daisies, yet still waiting on official word. Emergency meeting by team directors to decide their fate, but sounds like its a done deal.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8343221.stm
-- update with link

miatanut
11-04-09, 08:31 PM
Wow! They're dropping like flies.

Will we have a return to the good old days, or will McLaren and Ferrari just spend the others into oblivion?

cameraman
11-04-09, 08:50 PM
So what does that leave?

A Ferrari engine, a Mercedes engine, a Cosworth engine & probably a Renault engine.

Renault currently makes the GP2 series engines and all manner of other ladder series engines, you would think that their engine builders would want to stay in F1 too. Especially if they can pick up an ex-Toyota powered team.

14 teams - McLaren & Ferrari = 12 teams divided by four builders so each manufacturer supplies three customer teams. A bit of a mad panic given that today is November 4 but it is do-able.

What a train wreck.

Gnam
11-04-09, 09:01 PM
If the Sauber team gets back in, would they use a BMW engine?

NismoZ
11-04-09, 11:19 PM
Huh..."Cooper Tires presents the Formula One World Championship Powered By Cosworth.":)

NismoZ
11-05-09, 10:01 AM
Would seem to me Renault could (has?) cut out the source of their cancer which certainly wasn't their engine program. I just hope a Kid like Kubica isn't left swinging because of the actions of a few megalomaniacs and the mfgr. doesn't exit fully but is able to power SOME deserving and well-heeled driver/team combination to the grid.

SteveH
11-05-09, 10:06 AM
still here, still here, still here :thumbup:

TrueBrit
11-05-09, 11:18 AM
Hmmm..I wonder whether this might temper Bernard's approach to things...he's always said that folks come to see the cars and not the drivers..Well Bernie me old mate, you are rapidy running out of cars...

dando
11-05-09, 11:45 AM
Hmmm..I wonder whether this might temper Bernard's approach to things...he's always said that folks come to see the cars and not the drivers..Well Bernie me old mate, you are rapidy running out of cars...

Meh. It's all good. Just badge Cozzie's and use the DP01...perhaps KK's plan was to take over F1 by running CCWS into the ground and merging with :tony: and killing the EARL. Brilliant! :gomer: :saywhat:

-Kevin

Sean Malone
11-05-09, 11:53 AM
Meh. It's all good. Just badge Cozzie's and use the DP01...perhaps KK's plan was to take over F1 by running CCWS into the ground and merging with :tony: and killing the EARL. Brilliant! :gomer: :saywhat:

-Kevin

:thumbup::rofl:

oddlycalm
11-05-09, 04:00 PM
If the Sauber team gets back in, would they use a BMW engine?
BMW said they were shutting the engine works down as well.

oc

stroker
11-05-09, 04:03 PM
BMW said they were shutting the engine works down as well.

oc

I'd bet if somebody were to offer cash they'd sell it though... I'm not sure if the Bimmer mill is going to be superior to the Cosworth or the customer Mercedes, though...

nissan gtp
11-05-09, 04:45 PM
they decided to not decide yet :gomer:

Renault will make a decision on its participation in Formula 1 in the future before the end of 2009, the French car maker said on Thursday.

dando
11-05-09, 04:59 PM
they decided to not decide yet :gomer:

In other news, France surrenders. :gomer:

-Kevin