PDA

View Full Version : Trouble for American Spirit Racing

Ziggy
06-02-03, 05:22 PM
They are out of cars, and will soon be out of money.

Ziggy

JSR
06-02-03, 05:36 PM
Won't Pook just give them money? I can't see him letting the car count drop to 17.

JoeBob
06-02-03, 05:49 PM
The Jimmy car made it home in one piece, so in theory they have one car for Laguna Seca. However, I have a feeling there have been more "Ryan" cars than there were KITTs on the set of Knight Rider. Heck, he smacked 2 of them up in Milwaukee alone. (Then again, RHR didn't exactly keep cars out of trouble in Atlantics either.)

From what I've heard, Ryan's family has helped fund his racing career up until now. I wonder if they'll be willing to come up with the money to continue. Pookfare alone won't do it - Pook has said a few times that CART will only help those who help themselves. (And, they only need 18 cars to meet contractual obligations.)

Maybe they can pick up some Lolas from Coyne. They're like new - never been run at speed. :gomer:

racer2c
06-02-03, 05:59 PM
If you make it to the major league and daddy still has to pay for your ride, sumpthins' wrong.

Dr. Corkski
06-02-03, 06:57 PM
Then there is sumpthin' wrong with quite a few guys from this years field.

racer2c
06-02-03, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by Dr. Zhivago
Then there is sumpthin' wrong with quite a few guys from this years field.

Like who?

Dr. Corkski
06-02-03, 10:25 PM
Camathias, Lavin, Monteiro, Jourdain, and Yoong has pretty well-connected parents that do a pretty good job on funding their rides, whether directly or indirectly. Besides who cares who is funding the ride as long as the guy can hack it.

nrc
06-02-03, 11:32 PM
Ryan commented after the crash that he had a vibration and he thought maybe a wheel bearing had given up. I haven't seen anything saying whether that was the case.

I did think it was interesting that just prior to the crash the live timing notes mentioned that his pit had asked him to turn some hot laps to try and stay on the lead lap.

racer2c
06-03-03, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by Dr. Zhivago
Camathias, Lavin, Monteiro, Jourdain, and Yoong has pretty well-connected parents that do a pretty good job on funding their rides, whether directly or indirectly. Besides who cares who is funding the ride as long as the guy can hack it.

Obviously you do. And what is it, are their hinged on the financial support of their parents? There is a huge difference between directly or indirectly. Which is it? My comment was in regard to direct family financing where the ride is dependant thereof.

Again I ask, where are your facts to back up your accusations?