PDA

View Full Version : Almondunger DUI

dando
10-29-09, 12:58 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/nascar/cup/news/story?id=4605082

Sprint Cup driver AJ Allmendinger was charged with drunken driving by Mooresville, N.C., police on Thursday morning.

The Richard Petty Motorsports driver, according to the police report, was driving a 2007 Lexus when he was pulled over at 1:27 a.m. He was released to others at the owner's request. Police said he blew a .08 on a breathalyzer test.

Putz. :saywhat: :shakehead

-Kevin

Sean Malone
10-29-09, 01:11 PM
An '07 Lexus? I thought he went to NASCAR for the money! Guess that's why he's drinkin'. :rofl:

JohnHKart
10-29-09, 01:18 PM
Idiot. Is Nascar like the IRL: so boring the drivers are becoming drunks (like Michael Waltrip)

rosawendel
10-29-09, 01:40 PM
if you perk up your ears and be very quiet, you might hear a forsythe chuckle.

Hard Driver
10-29-09, 05:43 PM
Kinda sucks that it was a .08. I mean 1/2 a drink less or another 15 minutes he would blow a .07 and be "legal". I blew a .08 once when the legal limit was .1 in PA. I can say that a .08 is not that buzzed. Funny things is that the cop told me to go sit in a donut shop for an hour.

Don Quixote
10-29-09, 06:17 PM
An '07 Lexus? I thought he went to NASCAR for the money! Guess that's why he's drinkin'. :rofl: Did he ever buy that private jet that he was going on and on about?

oddlycalm
10-29-09, 08:11 PM
the cop told me to go sit in a donut shop for an hour.
WTF is it with cops and donut shops...? :laugh:

oc

NismoZ
10-30-09, 12:35 PM
Ahhh, yes the days of nice cops. "Hey kid. Does your Daddy know you have his car? He does? Does he know you drive it like this? No? Then I suggest you put gas in it, take it home, wash and wax it...and PUT IT IN THE GARAGE!"..."Y-y-y-y-yes sir", and that's EXACTLY what I did!:)

Sean Malone
10-30-09, 01:16 PM
Ahhh, yes the days of nice cops. "Hey kid. Does your Daddy know you have his car? He does? Does he know you drive it like this? No? Then I suggest you put gas in it, take it home, wash and wax it...and PUT IT IN THE GARAGE!"..."Y-y-y-y-yes sir", and that's EXACTLY what I did!:)

"Is that a beer can son?", "yes sir", "well pour em out boys and if I stop you again tonight I'm calling your parents". "Yes sir".

datachicane
10-30-09, 02:12 PM
(After being stopped in a neighborhood at 2 AM after hauling @ss on I5 wearing nothing but a huge dashiki and a fedora)

"I've been following you for a while. Do you know how fast you were going?"

"Ummm, 60"?"

"90. (looks at sign painted on side of van...) Hmmm, they sell office equipment, right? Do you work for them?"

"Ummm, no. My dad owns the company. I needed a van for a few hours and just sort of borrowed it. My folks are out of town for a few days."

(shines flashlight in back of van on racks of audio equipment from DJ gig I was working with a buddy)
"This stuff yours?"

"Umm, yes. I mean no. It belongs to a friend. Another friend borrowed it from him, actually. I didn't borrow it."

"Hmmm. Can I see your license? Hey, are you wet? It's December, what are you doing out here wet at this time of night?"

"Ummm, I don't have my license with me. It's in my clothes back home. There's sort of a party at my house. We have an indoor pool. I'm kind of having a party and working at the same time."

"Where were you working?"

"Well, it's not like working where you get paid or anything like that. I was just helping out at another party at Willamette (university). Well, it's kind of the same party, I mean it's the same people. Not at the same time, not the same people at the same time. Different people at the same time. Except some are the same. Different times."

"Hmmm. Registration?"

"Ummm, I don't think so. I don't know where it is. It's not my van."

"Hmmm. Have you been drinking?"

"I'm only 17."

"Have you been drinking?"

"I had some beer. I don't like to drink and drive, though. I'm kind of the designated driver, except I do drink. Some. (shivering) This looks pretty bad, doesn't it?"

"Hmmm. (goes back to patrol car, comes back a few minutes later) It's pretty late. You should go home and dry off."

"Yes, Sir!"

Steve99
10-30-09, 02:57 PM
Right up until this part, I'd thought I'd seen that episode of Cops.

"Hmmm. (goes back to patrol car, comes back a few minutes later) It's pretty late. You should go home and dry off."

"Yes, Sir!"

JohnHKart
10-30-09, 05:49 PM
hMM the days of nicer cops- yes. Like the time in 1991 I was stopped by a nice cop and he let me push it to my dad's house which was a half a block down the street. No ticket, no arrest, nothing. Mindblowing. (I wasn't drinking, speeding or anything like that). Thanks, man.

dando
10-30-09, 06:11 PM
(I wasn't drinking, speeding or anything like that).

Oh, it's not the speed really so much, I just wish I hadn't drunk all that cough syrup this morning.

</Stripes>

:D

-Kevin

TKGAngel
10-30-09, 07:03 PM
Dinger fined 10k by the team and given a breathalyzer test before the first practice session at 'Dega.

http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/nascar/cup/news/story?id=4609758

Mr. Vengeance
10-30-09, 07:22 PM
He was released after registering .08 on the Intoxilyzer

"The Intoxilyzer"... What a great name. Could be a ride at Disney.

Michaelhatesfans
10-30-09, 07:59 PM
Right up until this part, I'd thought I'd seen that episode of Cops.

Yeah, I thought it was going to end with Datachicane sprinting shirtless through someone's backyard and then trying to hide under an upturned wading pool, only to be given away by the sombrero lying beside the pool...

Michaelhatesfans
10-30-09, 08:01 PM
(I wasn't drinking, speeding or anything like that).

What, he just felt like making you push the car?:laugh:

Sean Malone
10-30-09, 09:02 PM
"The Intoxilyzer"... What a great name. Could be a ride at Disney.

Or his NASCAR nick. Move over Smoke...the Intoxilyzer is coming through!

NismoZ
10-31-09, 09:26 PM
To add an element of excitement to The Chase NASCRAP should introduce a "Gentlemen, blow start your engines" ...with each car rigged to one of those ignition locking divices to weed out drivers who had more than orange juice for breakfast.

G.
11-01-09, 12:31 AM
To add an element of excitement to The Chase NASCRAP should introduce a "Gentlemen, blow start your engines" ...with each car rigged to one of those ignition locking divices to weed out drivers who had more than orange juice for breakfast.
Should they suck-start them in the earl?

datachicane
11-01-09, 12:43 AM
Should they suck-start them in the earl?

Haven't they since '96?
<rimshot>

chop456
11-02-09, 03:41 AM
(After being stopped in a neighborhood at 2 AM after hauling @ss on I5 wearing nothing but a huge dashiki and a fedora)

That exchange reminds me of...

"How long have you been in Mexico?"

"A week"/"A day"

"Well - which was it, a week or a day?"

"A weekday".