PDA

View Full Version : This is for Nappy

Don Quixote
10-29-09, 11:26 AM
Let me provide a brief recap about Cleveland sports for you. The Browns are without a doubt the worst team in the NFL, perhaps in all time. Derek Anderson is so bad that words in the English language have not yet been invented to describe him. The Indians missed the playoffs, of course. Two recent Indian players, both Cy Young winners, were starting pitchers in the first World Series game this year, for other teams, of course. The Cavs lost their first two games, and were not competitive in either game against Boston or Toronto. Shaq looked lost out there. On a positive note, the Lake Erie Monsters have a pretty good hockey club, but the parent team keeps calling up the stars. I will update you as the year progresses. That is all. :irked: :shakehead :D

dando
10-29-09, 11:40 AM
Let me provide a brief recap about Cleveland sports for you. The Browns are without a doubt the worst team in the NFL, perhaps in all time. Derek Anderson is so bad that words in the English language have not yet been invented to describe him. The Indians missed the playoffs, of course. Two recent Indian players, both Cy Young winners, were starting pitchers in the first World Series game this year, for other teams, of course. The Cavs lost their first two games, and were not competitive in either game against Boston or Toronto. Shaq looked lost out there. On a positive note, the Lake Erie Monsters have a pretty good hockey club, but the parent team keeps calling up the stars. I will update you as the year progresses. That is all. :irked: :shakehead :D

Meh. Lions fail is epic. :gomer:

-Kevin

dando
11-02-09, 09:23 PM
Kokinis fired. :rofl:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4616312

-Kevin

gerhard911
11-02-09, 10:35 PM
If only the Bengals would fire their GM...

oh, wait :irked:

Napoleon
11-03-09, 05:25 PM
DQ,

This is how bad the Browns are. One of my absolutely favorite writers is Matt Taibbi of the Rolling Stone who comes up with the greatest put downs and phrases as he discusses his usual targets of the financial system and politics (how can you not love someone who described Goldman Sachs as " . . . a great vampire squid wrapped around the face of humanity, relentlessly jamming its blood funnel into anything that smells like money.") (http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/story/29127316/the_great_american_bubble_machine)

So a few days ago I flip open the most recent RS that has been sitting on my coffee table to see who he will eviscerate this time and what do you know he veers completely off his usual subjects and decided to take on the sports world, to whit the Cleveland Browns. (http://clevelandsportstorture.blogspot.com/2009/10/taking-it-from-all-sides.html)

The Cavs lost their first two games, and were not competitive in either game against Boston or Toronto.

Last Friday after the first two games I was at a luncheon with around 80 people where Dan Gilbert, the Cavs owner, spoke. He made a joke about the Cavs not realizing that the preseason was over.

Napoleon
11-03-09, 05:53 PM
Two recent Indian players, both Cy Young winners, were starting pitchers in the first World Series game this year, for other teams, of course.

PS, that was tought to watch.