PDA

View Full Version : Puck 09/10

Pages : [1] 2

Don Quixote
10-28-09, 04:36 PM
Anybody notice who has the best record in the NHL? Bunch of kids, I tell ya. ;) :p

dando
10-28-09, 04:50 PM
Anybody notice who has the best record in the NHL? Bunch of kids, I tell ya. ;) :p

Kids? Footer must have fathered half of them then...with the other half fathered by Chelios. :gomer:

Damn bandwagon fans..... :p

-Kevin

Don Quixote
10-28-09, 05:02 PM
Foote is 38, and still plays like a younger player, even if he can't sell his house in that depressed rustbelt town back east. :p

What about Duchene (18), O'Reilly (18), Galiardi (21), Stewart (21)? Who needs Rocktober? :thumbup:

dando
10-28-09, 05:47 PM
Foote is 38, and still plays like a younger player, even if he can't sell his house in that depressed rustbelt town back east. :p

What about Duchene (18), O'Reilly (18), Galiardi (21), Stewart (21)? Who needs Rocktober? :thumbup:

Leafs-like collapse is just a shot off the crossbar. :gomer:

-Kevin

TKGAngel
10-28-09, 06:47 PM

-Kevin

You rang? :p

I know I'll probably want to chuck them over the Falls at some point, but I'm pleasantly surprised by the Sabres so far. Grit and toughness have returned (see Gaustad destroying Jackman for bowling over Miller) and Tyler Myers is a wonderful addition to the team. Not bad for a 19-year-old kid.

ETA: do the Avs have Craig Anderson wrapped in a hermetically sealed goalie bubble for the next couple of weeks?

Don Quixote
10-29-09, 12:04 AM
Well, the Avs played 2 games tonight in Calgary. The first game lasted 70 seconds, and Calgary won 2-0. The second game lasted 58 minutes and 50 seconds, and the Avs won 3-0. Anderson is still H1N1 free. Avs have 7 injured players, but keep winning anyway. :cool:

dando
10-29-09, 09:27 AM
CBJ started off a franchise-best 4-1 and ascended to #4 in most NHL power rankings. Since then....not so much. :saywhat: :irked:

-Kevin

mapguy
10-29-09, 11:11 AM

-Kevin

How can you collapse when you have never gotten up?

dando
10-29-09, 11:16 AM
How can you collapse when you have never gotten up?

Historically speaking. The Laffs are a shadow of their past goodness.

-Kevin

TKGAngel
10-29-09, 12:26 PM
CBJ started off a franchise-best 4-1 and ascended to #4 in most NHL power rankings. Since then....not so much. :saywhat: :irked:

-Kevin

Could you tell Mason to get his arse in gear? He and Luongo are goalie killing my fantasy team.

The Laffs are a shadow of their past goodness.

You mean Brian Burke isn't leading the franchise to the promised land? I'm shocked.

dando
10-29-09, 12:32 PM
Could you tell Mason to get his arse in gear? He and Luongo are goalie killing my fantasy team.

It's part Mase and part D. The roadie last week was horrid, and it didn't get any better last night. :irked: I've termed the roadie last week the tennis road trip...all four games ended with 6-x scores. :gomer: Unfortunately the CBJ lost in 4 sets. :saywhat: :shakehead

-Kevin

TKGAngel
11-04-09, 02:07 PM
Pat Kane makes another faux pas.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/Blackhawks-in-blackface-Most-predictable-backla?urn=nhl,200119#remaining-content

Don Quixote
11-04-09, 11:36 PM
jackets get a point against the sharks, which is good. Go 0-fer in the shootout, which is pathetic. Even Nash looked like like an idiot on his attempt.

dando
11-05-09, 09:43 AM
jackets get a point against the sharks, which is good. Go 0-fer in the shootout, which is pathetic. Even Nash looked like like an idiot on his attempt.

Considering they had 2 of their top 3 forwards out, plus Commie off the top 2 D and lost another forward during the game, I'll take the outcome. Nasher has never been very good on the shoot outs for some reason. I was more disappointed that Filatov missed. He's better suited for shoot outs.

-Kevin

dando
11-12-09, 09:36 AM
Note to self: don't play the Red Army after they take a beating by the Maple Laffs. :eek: :shakehead :saywhat:

Tweet by local pucks hack: Isles are 6-6-6 w/o Satan and play next on Friday the 13th. :D

-Kevin

TKGAngel
11-15-09, 07:55 PM
So Carolina broke their 14 game losing streak today, but they're still in a fight for the title of league's tallest dwarf with the Leafs.

And nice job by Tyler Ennis to score his first NHL goal in his first NHL game with the Sabres (and after making it to the arena only an hour before puck drop). 'Tennis the Menace' is here. :)

dando
11-21-09, 10:44 AM
Now that Quebec has come back to reality, I see waterboy has stopped yammering about his team. :gomer: Altho he's prolly been busy lately measuring NH3 levels in Mirror Lake. :D

Anyway, after Neal's suspension for a nasty hit from behind on CJB Derek Dorsett Thur, someone posted this disciplinary flow chart for the NHL:

http://www.downgoesbrown.com/2009/11/nhl-suspensions.html

:D

Oh, and LeBrun names Nash his MVP for the 1st quarter of the season. :thumbup:

-Kevin

dando
11-21-09, 10:53 AM
Greatest. Goalie. Evar. :gomer:

jsiqkTgLZ5o

:thumbup:

-Kevin

dando
12-02-09, 02:55 PM
kOB_Lwpm3vk

Sucks to be a Panthers G after giving up a goal. :saywhat: :eek: A Reverse Hextall.

In other news, the Avs visit Cbus for the first time this season. Will ***** (aka a kitty since ***** isn't allowed) Foote actually show up this time after missing both games in Cbus last season? :irked: I know of a place he can stay while he's in town.... :gomer: :D

-Kevin

Don Quixote
12-02-09, 03:00 PM
I'm thinking hat trick. :D

TKGAngel
12-02-09, 03:04 PM
At least Mason whaled away on the boards after he lost the shootout last night rather than on a teammate. That game was all kinds of whack right up until the end.

Monday was just an odd night of hockey. Vokoun/Ballard, Ovie's recklessness, Miller unintentionally taking out the camera dude, etc.

dando
12-02-09, 03:17 PM
At least Mason whaled away on the boards after he lost the shootout last night rather than on a teammate. That game was all kinds of whack right up until the end.

That was weak. Mase needs some lessons in that area. Good game last night except for the outcome.

Nash needs to perfect the Flamingo move for the shootout:

tWgb8zt2d80

:gomer:

-Kevin

dando
12-02-09, 03:18 PM
I'm thinking hat trick. :D

Me no likey you. :p

-Kevin

dando
12-06-09, 11:31 AM
The CBJ must think games are only 20 minutes long...about the same as the coaching tenure for a Phlyers head coach. :saywhat: :shakehead

-Kevin

TKGAngel
12-06-09, 08:25 PM
The CBJ must think games are only 20 minutes long...about the same as the coaching tenure for a Phlyers head coach. :saywhat: :shakehead

-Kevin

The Stevens / Laviolette swap was the 148th coaching change since Lindy took over the Sabres, and the latest a coach firing has come in a season.

The Flyers are just a mess. Rumor has it that Richards might give up (or be forced to give up) the C to Pronger.

dando
12-06-09, 09:18 PM
The Stevens / Laviolette swap was the 148th coaching change since Lindy took over the Sabres, and the latest a coach firing has come in a season.

The Flyers are just a mess. Rumor has it that Richards might give up (or be forced to give up) the C to Pronger.

Bring back Booby Clarke! ;) :saywhat:

-Kevin

TKGAngel
12-18-09, 08:53 PM
Yikes. Minnesota Wild scrambling for gear (http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/Minnesota-Wild-equipment-van-fire-incinerates-ga;_ylt=AvTgb47cOHQJCuxqOz18ZNJ7vLYF?urn=nhl,20989 3) after equipment van catches fire in Ottawa. :eek:

Will the league to the right thing and postpone tomorrow night's game?

dando
12-19-09, 04:46 PM
Hats off to Marty B. I hate the bastard, but you've got to respect his accomplishments. He first tied Sawchuk's SO record, and now the most starts in G. :thumbup: Now retire, damnit! :irked: :p

-Kevin

TKGAngel
12-21-09, 11:01 PM
Hats off to Marty B. I hate the bastard, but you've got to respect his accomplishments. He first tied Sawchuk's SO record, and now the most starts in G. :thumbup: Now retire, damnit! :irked: :p

-Kevin

And he broke Sawchuk's SO record tonight. :thumbup:

dando
12-22-09, 12:38 AM
And he broke Sawchuk's SO record tonight. :thumbup:

Basterd. :gomer:

-Kevin

dando
01-16-10, 04:21 PM
Awesome game going down now b/w the CBJs and Chihawks...and NBC has on....bull riding. :shakehead :saywhat: :irked:

-Kevin

TKGAngel
01-16-10, 04:50 PM
Awesome game going down now b/w the CBJs and Chihawks...and NBC has on....bull riding. :shakehead :saywhat: :irked:

-Kevin

The CBJ's one announcer looks like a cross between Kyle Petty and James Lipton.

NHL on NBC is a joke. The Sabres are a flex game in March for NBC, but have a snowballs chance in hell of actually making it onto the big show. Never mind the fact that Buffalo is 3rd in their conference right now, has the hottest goalie in the league and is a pretty good television market for hockey. But because we're not the Rangers or Boston or Chicago or Detroit, We. Don't. Count.

dando
01-16-10, 05:37 PM
The CBJ's one announcer looks like a cross between Kyle Petty and James Lipton.

NHL on NBC is a joke. The Sabres are a flex game in March for NBC, but have a snowballs chance in hell of actually making it onto the big show. Never mind the fact that Buffalo is 3rd in their conference right now, has the hottest goalie in the league and is a pretty good television market for hockey. But because we're not the Rangers or Boston or Chicago or Detroit, We. Don't. Count.

That's Mr. Mackey. Mmmmm,kay? ;) :D

re: NBC...you would think that with the Olympics just a few weeks away, you would try to build on that....but hey, this is the same bunch that brought you the Leno/Conan debacle. :shakehead :laugh:

Oh, I hope you dumped Mase from your fantasy team a LONG time ago. :shakehead :saywhat: Jeebus the CBJ suck. :yuck: :irked:

-Kevin

Opposite Lock
01-16-10, 06:59 PM
...But because we're not the Rangers or Boston or Chicago or Detroit, We. Don't. Count.

It's good to be one of the Original Six. :cool:

It's even better if you're a Hawks fan, especially when you're riding #1 in the League. :thumbup: :w00t:

http://blackhawks.nhl.com/v2/ext/instantclassicLEGENDS-800.jpg

Slightly disturbing game today, giving up a 3-1 lead :saywhat:, but a 6-5 finish still works for me. :thumbup:

Looking forward to a morning game (local time here) against Detroit tomorrow.

TKGAngel
01-16-10, 07:42 PM
Oh, I hope you dumped Mase from your fantasy team a LONG time ago. :shakehead :saywhat: Jeebus the CBJ suck. :yuck: :irked:

I can't dump Mason from my lineup. I'd only be left with Luongo and The Conk to carry the goalie position. (League rules have us playing opposite conference from your favorite team. Ellis is the next available WC goalie.)

It's even better if you're a Hawks fan, especially when you're riding #1 in the League. :w00t:

The Hawks are good and their salary cap finangling to keep Toews, Keith and Twenty-Cent under contract was mighty impressive.

Opposite Lock
01-16-10, 07:59 PM
The Hawks are good and their salary cap finangling to keep Toews, Keith and Twenty-Cent under contract was mighty impressive.

:rofl: Hadn't heard that one before. :thumbup: :laugh:

dando
01-19-10, 04:44 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=4838957

Michael Peca, a two-time Selke Trophy winner, announced his official NHL retirement Tuesday, ending a 13-season NHL career that was highlighted by an Olympic gold medal in 2002.

:cry:

Biggest piece missing from last year's CBJ team, IMO. :(

-Kevin

TKGAngel
01-19-10, 07:33 PM
Peca was one of the good guys. Contract hold out and foot in mouth disease aside.

Rumor has it that he may show up on TSN from time to time.

Opposite Lock
01-24-10, 01:38 AM
I hate the Sedin bros. somewhere between athletes foot and Pemphigus Foliaceus. :flame:

TKGAngel
01-24-10, 10:20 AM
^^ I'd like to throw Dany Heatly in that mix. Dude's a Sabre killer.

While the Sabres are on their West Coast trip, the team has been using the home team's feeds. The Ducks announcers were brutal, the Kings announcers were perfectly cromulent and the Sharks announcers were the best by a mile. I still miss RJ and Harry, though.

The Sabres stay in San Jose also coincided with their hotel's hosting of a furry convention. From the pictures I've seen (posted by the players on Twitter), I can't figure out if the furries were more excited to see the hockey players, or if the hockey players wanted pictures with the furries so that people would believe that it happened.

dando
02-06-10, 10:04 PM
Sorry about yer Slugs 2night, TKG. OK, maybe not. :gomer: Hitchless CBJ == :thumbup: I guess Hitch needed to take the training wheels of the kids. :( :saywhat:

BTW, I 8> RJ Umberger. :)

-Kevin

mapguy
02-07-10, 12:30 AM
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/logos/nhl/toronto_maple_leafs_1992.gif

TKGAngel
02-07-10, 09:15 AM
Sorry about yer Slugs 2night, TKG. OK, maybe not. :gomer: Hitchless CBJ == :thumbup: I guess Hitch needed to take the training wheels of the kids. :( :saywhat:

BTW, I 8> RJ Umberger. :)

-Kevin

Mount Lindy erupted for 23 minutes after the game last night in a closed meeting with the players. They deserved it. And I <3 Stafford for even taking on Umberger. It's been a heck of a long time since a Sabre fought.

I'm embarrassed that the busloads of Sabres fans who made the trip to C-bus were treated to that crapfest of a game from the Sabres.

And I know there's little love for Brian Burke in the house, but what he's going through right now is just heartbreaking.

Opposite Lock
02-09-10, 11:29 PM
Props to Mike Ribeiro (I think it was him) of the Dallas Stars, for giving his stick to the little kid in the Blackhawks sweater in the first or second row who got hit with the flying glass panel (in Chicago - :wtf?) tonight. Nice hockey gesture.:thumbup:

tllips
02-10-10, 10:51 AM
Props to Mike Ribeiro (I think it was him) of the Dallas Stars, for giving his stick to the little kid in the Blackhawks sweater in the first or second row who got hit with the flying glass panel (in Chicago - :wtf?) tonight. Nice hockey gesture.:thumbup:

I missed that (Fast forwarded through the delay due to the panel). I also thought it was classy that, once announced as the #1 Star of the Game, Kane skated across the ice and tossed his stick over the glass to the fans. :cool:

(Probably started a brawl in the stands, but a nice gesture.)

Opposite Lock
02-10-10, 12:42 PM
^Btw, I was in the Blackhawks store on Michigan Avenue a few weeks ago, and they had game-used sticks for sale, with prices starting around $150. Kane's were priced at $300. :eek:

TKGAngel
02-10-10, 01:36 PM
^Btw, I was in the Blackhawks store on Michigan Avenue a few weeks ago, and they had game-used sticks for sale, with prices starting around $150. Kane's were priced at $300. :eek:

Those are in the ballpark. Game worn sweaters for the Sabres go for about $200 for a 4th liner to much, much more than that for Miller.

I'm kind of excited about the Olympic break, though I wish Ron Wilson wouldn't ride Miller like Secretariat through this tournament.

dando
03-15-10, 09:37 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nhl/news/story?id=4994950

I lost a lot of respect for Ovie yesterday. :saywhat: :mad: :shakehead

Ovechkin didn't see anything illicit in the hit.

"It was not a hard hit," he said. "I just wanted to push him. It's just a moment in the game. I don't think it has to be five minutes or something like that. I just felt bad."

I give a **** if it wasn't a 'hard' hit...he extended his arms near the boards with Soup in an awkward position. Bush league ******** hit. :thumdown:

-Kevin

Don Quixote
03-15-10, 09:41 AM
Bush league ******** hit. :thumdown:

-KevinAgreed. I bet the league does nothing about this. :shakehead

dando
03-15-10, 09:52 AM
Agreed. I bet the league does nothing about this. :shakehead

They had BETTER do something. :irked:

-Kevin

TKGAngel
03-15-10, 09:53 AM
What would really set a lot of people off is if the league brought the hammer down on Tampa's Downie for slew-footing Sid, but let Ovie get away scott-free for his hit on Soupy.

And Ovie's Captain Innocent act is wearing really thin.

TKGAngel
03-15-10, 04:51 PM
The WaPo is reporting Ovie gets two for breaking Soupy.

dando
03-15-10, 05:05 PM
The WaPo is reporting Ovie gets two for breaking Soupy.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=4997843

And a chunk o' change.

Ovechkin, who was suspended for two games on Nov. 30, 2009, now is considered a repeat offender under the terms of the Collective Bargaining Agreement. Accordingly, he forfeits $232,645.40 in salary, based on the number of games in the season (82). The money goes to the Players' Emergency Assistance Fund.

:thumbup:

Still 3 games lighter than I would have given him. :irked:

-Kevin

dando
03-21-10, 05:38 PM
The Flyers (37-29-5) also may be more desperate as the playoff race tightens. Philadelphia is tied with Ottawa and Montreal for fifth in the East, but it is just six points clear of ninth-place Atlanta after going 1-2-1 in its last four games.

"We need these points as much as they do," forward Ian Laperriere said. "We are not in the playoffs yet."

A precarious goalie situation is complicating things for the Flyers after Michael Leighton's season-ending ankle injury Tuesday. Philadelphia had already lost top goalie Ray Emery for the season, leaving Brian Boucher to man the crease.

http://scores.espn.go.com/nhl/preview?gameId=300321015

:saywhat: :shakehead

The curse of Pelle Lindberg continues...... :(

-Kevin

Don Quixote
04-19-10, 11:20 AM
San Jose dominates every aspect of its game against the lowly seeded Avs, including putting 51 shots on net, not counting the one they put into their own net 1 minute into overtime. The playoffs are all about hot goalies. :thumbup:

dando
04-19-10, 11:24 AM
The playoffs are all about hot goalies. :thumbup:

Brian Boucher > Marty B. :gomer: :D

-Kevin

TKGAngel
04-19-10, 12:48 PM
Lots of great hockey being played these past couple of days. :thumbup:

Miller, Broduer & Bryzgalov were all nominated for the Vezina. :thumbup:

I just wish the bonus games on Center Ice were in HD. Last night's Flyers/Devils game was like watching through a dirty fishbowl.

racermike
04-19-10, 12:58 PM
San Jose dominates every aspect of its game against the lowly seeded Avs, including putting 51 shots on net, not counting the one they put into their own net 1 minute into overtime. The playoffs are all about hot goalies. :thumbup:

If San Jose exits from the playoffs in round 1 again, they just might overtake the Buffalo Bills in all of sports for being the biggest choke artists ever.

You poor Sharks fans

Don Quixote
04-19-10, 06:41 PM
I just wish the bonus games on Center Ice were in HD. Last night's Flyers/Devils game was like watching through a dirty fishbowl.Do you have Center Ice games in HD? None of ours are (comcast). :thumdown:

TKGAngel
04-19-10, 07:33 PM
If San Jose exits from the playoffs in round 1 again, they just might overtake the Buffalo Bills in all of sports for being the biggest choke artists ever.

As was said last night, when you have Buffalo fans feeling sorry for you, you know it's bad.

Do you have Center Ice games in HD? None of ours are (comcast). :thumdown:

Usually there's one HD game per night, but with baseball starting, the b-ball games are on that channel.

I'm a little torqued off that the rest of the nation gets to watch tonight's Sabres game in HD, but because of blackout restrictions, we have the Sabres feed in SD (because MSG is too cheap to provide HD on the road).

dando
04-23-10, 10:16 AM
Phlyers > Devils :thumbup: :D

(almost as good as Nags taking Tebow in the 1st round) :gomer:

-Kevin

TKGAngel
04-26-10, 10:06 PM
I suppose the good thing about the Sabres being out of the playoffs is that we'll never have to see the slug on a uniform ever again. :thumbup:

dando
04-27-10, 09:36 AM
I suppose the good thing about the Sabres being out of the playoffs is that we'll never have to see the slug on a uniform ever again. :thumbup:

Changing sweaters? The CBJ get a new 3rd sweater next season as well. And the Kevin Dineen to the CBJ coaching job begins....

Now for the Caps to choke tomorrow night so that all three division winners in the east lose. :eek: :thumbup:

-Kevin

TKGAngel
04-27-10, 01:08 PM
Changing sweaters? The CBJ get a new 3rd sweater next season as well. And the Kevin Dineen to the CBJ coaching job begins....

Now for the Caps to choke tomorrow night so that all three division winners in the east lose. :eek: :thumbup:

-Kevin

New sweaters are for the 40th anniversary next year. This year's third sweater with the crossed swords & charging buffalo is going to be the new home sweater, a white version is going to be introduced for away games and the new third is rumored to be a script "Buffalo" (http://www.buffalorising.com/2010/03/rumored-new-sabres-uniforms.html).

I'd love to see the Caps go down in a blaze of glory since it would throw the league into a tizzy that their "star" is gone. Also rooting for Phoenix, since I don't want my goalie to be in anymore of a snit over his baby brother outlasting him in the playoffs.

Don Quixote
04-27-10, 02:16 PM
So, what you are saying is that if you are a Sabres, Blue Jackets, or Avalanche fan, now would be the time to talk about sweaters. :D

dando
04-27-10, 02:46 PM
So, what you are saying is that if you are a Sabres, Blue Jackets, or Avalanche fan, now would be the time to talk about sweaters. :D

Or in Adam Foote's case...real estate agents. :p :gomer:

-Kevin

dando
04-28-10, 09:49 PM
Umberger > Leonsis :rofl: :D *finger*

http://blog.dispatch.com/cbj/2010/04/caps_owner_takes_issues.shtml#comments

:laugh:

-Kevin

Opposite Lock
04-28-10, 11:08 PM
Crosby/Malkin/Gonchar/Fleury vs. Toews/Kane/Hossa/Ladd/Sharp/Seabrook/Hjalmersson/Versteeg/Brouwer/Keith/Campbell/Niemi et al will rock. :D :thumbup:

(hope that doesn't jinx it)

Ankf00
04-28-10, 11:35 PM
Phlyers > Devils :thumbup: :D

-Kevin

even a blind squirrel eventually finds a nut :p

dando
04-29-10, 07:08 AM
even a blind squirrel eventually finds a nut :p

Dude, considering who they've lost for the season just during that series....do you believe in miracles? :eek:

-Kevin

dando
04-29-10, 07:09 AM
Crosby/Malkin/Gonchar/Fleury vs. Toews/Kane/Hossa/Ladd/Sharp/Seabrook/Hjalmersson/Versteeg/Brouwer/Keith/Campbell/Niemi et al will rock. :D :thumbup:

Canucks in 5. :gomer: :p

-Kevin

TKGAngel
04-29-10, 08:23 AM

Vancouver already had a "Canucks Day" to celebrate their first round win. That makes your optimism not at all jinxy. Pens/Canucks or Pens/Hawks in the Finals might not make me want to stab my eye out.

And NBC must be one sad panda over losing Ovechkin for the remainder of the playoffs. Betcha there's a lot of editing of copy points and promos going on at the peacock this morning.

dando
04-29-10, 09:54 AM
More on Umby's calling the Caps playoff defeat and the Caps' demise:

http://blog.dispatch.com/cbj/2010/04/umberger_calls_it.shtml

Good bunch of hockey scribes we've got here. :thumbup:

-Kevin

Don Quixote
04-30-10, 04:04 PM
A guy walks into a bar and asks the bartender for an "Ovechkin." The bartender, confused, looks at the guy and says, "what's an Ovechkin?" The guy replies: "A white Russian without a cup."

:rimshot:

dando
05-01-10, 09:51 AM
^^^ :rofl:

Broons-Phlyers drop pucks and gloves today! :D This may well be the best series of the bunch in this round. Canucks and 'hawks a close second.

-Kevin

dando
05-01-10, 03:21 PM
Vancouver already had a "Canucks Day" to celebrate their first round win. That makes your optimism not at all jinxy. Pens/Canucks or Pens/Hawks in the Finals might not make me want to stab my eye out.

And NBC must be one sad panda over losing Ovechkin for the remainder of the playoffs. Betcha there's a lot of editing of copy points and promos going on at the peacock this morning.

BTW, how many Slugs fans jumped after the Caps 'goal' was disallowed for being in the crease? :gomer: :p

-Kevin

TKGAngel
05-01-10, 06:39 PM
The Bruins are having some fun with this series. (http://tweetphoto.com/20636890)

And how is typing a text message like a playoff hockey pool? If you go all Caps, you're an idiot. :D

Opposite Lock
05-01-10, 10:59 PM
The Bruins are having some fun with this series. (http://tweetphoto.com/20636890)

And how is typing a text message like a playoff hockey pool? If you go all Caps, you're an idiot. :D

Dang, you bring some serious game to the pucksmack. :D :thumbup:

TKGAngel
05-11-10, 01:19 PM
Grrr. Let's try this again. Habs and Pens going to Game 7. Who'd a thunk it?

And what is it with playoffs and berry injuries? I bet Sami Salo is thanking the almighty that his berries weren't ruptured the other night.

dando
05-11-10, 01:38 PM
Habs/Pens and Flyers/Bruins heading to Game 7s tomorrow night? Who'd a thunk it?

Phlyers/Broons are going to game 6. With Boucher going down, perhaps it's time to re-sign Biron. :gomer: I'm sure Briere will make a stupid play (like his Bubbleboy Hockey pirouettes on D early in the series) to lose game 6. In which case, I hope Philly Phan (see other thread) tosses a car battery @ her. :gomer: :saywhat: ;)

The Habs are a great story....I generally root against the Canadia teams, but a #8 seed forcing 2 game 7s is a great story. Too bad they both play on the same night @ aboot the same time. :(

-Kevin

Napoleon
05-11-10, 02:45 PM
. . . Habs. . . .

How did the Canadians end up getting called this?

TKGAngel
05-11-10, 02:56 PM
How did the Canadians end up getting called this?

One of the teams' nicknames is "Les Habitants" in reference to the original French settlers of Quebec. It dates back to a 1920s player making a joke that the H on his sweater stood for Hab rather than Hockey. (Per Wiki.)

dando
05-13-10, 11:32 AM
Pens :laugh:

Habs :thumbup:

Phlyers :eek: :thumbup:

#8 and #7 for the east title? :eek:

NBC is puckering now that Ovie and Syd are done. :gomer:

-Kevin

TKGAngel
05-13-10, 12:34 PM
Go Bruins! I want an all-Adams Division Eastern Conference final.

Bad year to be a "name" goalie: Miller, Brodeur and Luongo get shown up by a bunch of no-names (and let down by their teams, but that's another story for another time.)

Also, act like you've been there before, Montreal. (http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20100512/montreal-canadiens-habs-100512/20100512?hub=Canada)

Elmo T
05-13-10, 12:50 PM
This is helping fuel the fans too:

evEiL5e9Vyw

dando
05-13-10, 01:33 PM
This is helping fuel the fans too:

Dude, that's when I became a hockey fan. :D

-Kevin

Elmo T
05-14-10, 09:41 PM
Phlyers :eek: :thumbup:

-Kevin

:eek::laugh::thumbup:

TKGAngel
05-14-10, 09:44 PM
Wowzers. To come back from 3-0 in the series AND the game...:eek:

Opposite Lock
05-14-10, 09:48 PM
Tuned in just in time to see the comeback from 3 down in the 1st. Very fun to watch. But now I'm not sure which is the scarier prospect as the Eastern opponent, should the Hawks prevail over the Sharks in the West next week. Habs and Phlyers have both been pretty amazing in the playoffs.

IlliniRacer
05-15-10, 06:13 AM
Tuned in just in time to see the comeback from 3 down in the 1st. Very fun to watch. But now I'm not sure which is the scarier prospect as the Eastern opponent, should the Hawks prevail over the Sharks in the West next week. Habs and Phlyers have both been pretty amazing in the playoffs.

Hawks vs Habs could be a marketing and ratings boon. Unfortunately, I'm positive that Gary Bettman will find a way to screw it up as well and the ratings will get beat by the WNBA

dando
05-15-10, 09:06 AM
Wowzers. To come back from 3-0 in the series AND the game...:eek:

Suffice it to say I am sockless. :eek: And that was w/o Carter, losing Boucher and Gagne only playing the last few games.

-Kevin

TKGAngel
05-15-10, 11:54 AM
After last night, I'm sure the league is ecstatic that their theme for these playoffs is "history will be made." I can't wait to see what promo they come up with for it.

dando
05-15-10, 01:30 PM
After last night, I'm sure the league is ecstatic that their theme for these playoffs is "history will be made." I can't wait to see what promo they come up with for it.

It'll be something like @ least it ain't Buffalo. :gomer: :p

A 7 seed with home ice...go figger. :eek:

-Kevin

Elmo T
05-17-10, 08:38 AM
So why is the term shellacking used so much when talking about hockey?

Is it the rhyme?

"Shellac Halak" (http://www.onenewspage.com/news/Sports/20100517/11070133/Flyers-shellac-Halak-Habs-in-Game.htm)

TKGAngel
05-17-10, 09:04 AM
It'll be something like @ least it ain't Buffalo. :gomer: :p

A 7 seed with home ice...go figger. :eek:

-Kevin

Close. :p

Try "What if Broad Street didn't fight back?" (http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=0&id=69693)

I heard about the "Shellac Halak" sign on Twitter last night. I kind of like it.

dando
05-17-10, 09:13 AM
"Shellac Halak" (http://www.onenewspage.com/news/Sports/20100517/11070133/Flyers-shellac-Halak-Habs-in-Game.htm)

And that they did. :eek:

-Kevin

Elmo T
05-18-10, 09:42 PM
I heard about the "Shellac Halak" sign on Twitter last night. I kind of like it.

He's looking a little dazed again tonight. :thumbup:

dando
05-19-10, 09:35 AM
And finally the real Sharkies appear. :laugh:

-Kevin

Opposite Lock
05-24-10, 12:10 AM

Got it half right (my preferred half) :thumbup: :D

Keith loses 7 teeth, AND KEEPS PLAYING! (http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/hockey/blackhawks/ct-spt-0524-haugh-blackhawks-sharks-c20100523,0,2622227.column) :eek: :thumbup:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/media/photo/2010-05/53913487.jpg

dando
05-24-10, 04:01 PM
The 'hawks are screwed with Iron Mike endorsing the team's chances. :gomer:

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nhl/news/story?id=5215496

-Kevin