PDA

View Full Version : A beautiful but sad story...

Sean Malone
10-22-09, 11:22 AM
http://nymag.com/arts/popmusic/features/60127/

dando
10-22-09, 11:42 AM
:(

This is the same thing my FIL is battling right now. :(

-Kevin

TravelGal
10-22-09, 03:06 PM
I read the Cliff notes version on AOL news so I clicked here to read the full story. I am SO buying that album.

extramundane
10-22-09, 03:09 PM
In early September, my father was complaining of back pain, which after getting jerked around by every doctor in the area, was finally diagnosed as bone cancer. 3 weeks ago, the oncologist started him on radiation and suggested he had 6 months to a year. Monday morning he didn't wake up.

Cancer's a motherf*****, but it really did make me smile to read this story. So many people never get to do that one final thing- for Dad, it was merely driving himself to the beer hall for one last round with the boys- but this kid finishing his record was like a moral victory for a lot of folks, I think.

Sean Malone
10-22-09, 03:22 PM
In early September, my father was complaining of back pain, which after getting jerked around by every doctor in the area, was finally diagnosed as bone cancer. 3 weeks ago, the oncologist started him on radiation and suggested he had 6 months to a year. Monday morning he didn't wake up.

Cancer's a motherf*****, but it really did make me smile to read this story. So many people never get to do that one final thing- for Dad, it was merely driving himself to the beer hall for one last round with the boys- but this kid finishing his record was like a moral victory for a lot of folks, I think.

I'm sorry to hear about your dad. :(

SteveH
10-22-09, 03:49 PM

My deepest condolences to you and your family. I wish you peace.

TrueBrit
10-22-09, 04:01 PM

Very sorry for your loss...

JLMannin
10-22-09, 04:27 PM
I am very sorry for your loss.

Napoleon
10-22-09, 04:33 PM
EM, condolences.

cameraman
10-22-09, 04:49 PM
EM,
Sorry to hear about your Dad.

Ankf00
10-22-09, 05:28 PM
Condolences em

Gnam
10-22-09, 05:52 PM
:(

oddlycalm
10-22-09, 06:01 PM
Very sorry about your dad EM.

Sample audio tracks are here
Somewhere Else (http://www.amazon.com/Somewhere-Else-Demand-Killian-Mansfield/dp/B002AMUJGQ)

oc

miatanut
10-22-09, 07:20 PM
Wishing you strength EM.

G.
10-22-09, 10:15 PM
real sorry, extra.

Someone told a couple weeks ago that you're never really an adult until you lose your parents.

Indy
10-23-09, 12:52 AM
Oh, man. Sorry.

TravelGal
10-23-09, 01:58 AM
EM, I am so sorry to read this. I can't imagine dealing with the diagnosis and then the result so fast one on top of the other. You know you have friends here if you want to rant. My sincerest condolences.

TKGAngel
10-23-09, 08:37 AM
My condolences, em.

extramundane
10-23-09, 01:00 PM
Thanks for the kind words, folks :thumbup:

grungex
10-23-09, 06:09 PM
Condolences. :(

trish
10-24-09, 08:43 PM

I'm sorry for your loss.

Napoleon
10-25-09, 05:39 AM
I read the story last night. Really sad. At least he got to realize at least a part of his dreams.