PDA

View Full Version : Not so super gp

opinionated ow
10-17-09, 10:13 AM
So A1GP pull out of surfers paradise. They're scheduling 4 x 150km v8 supertaxi races in stead. *snooze* :rolleyes:

NismoZ
10-17-09, 10:27 AM
Down but not out, eh?:rolleyes: I read where their freight co. held the cars hostage for nonpayment during most of the summer and rumor has Ferrari wanting their engins back for the same reason. Four years in. Hope Summerton or Edwards didn't have plans in that direction.

Kiwifan
10-17-09, 03:27 PM
So A1GP pull out of surfers paradise. They're scheduling 4 x 150km v8 supertaxi races in stead. *snooze* :rolleyes:

Bloody glad I didn't plonk down another $7k this year to attend. After so many good years, last year was *flat* at best and now it's gone. :cry: :flame:

Rusty.

oddlycalm
10-17-09, 05:54 PM
Not a big surprise. The days when there were venues clamoring for races are over. Even the most successful are struggling to stay above water.

oc

pchall
10-17-09, 07:01 PM
The motorsports century is over.

Somebody plant Tony George at Crown Hill asap.

NismoZ
10-18-09, 11:26 AM
Speaking of struggling...did you see any of The Chase last night at Lowe's? HUGE number of empty seats. I think they need to "condense" the schedule...like :tony: did! How's that workin' out?

pchall
10-18-09, 11:50 AM
Speaking of struggling...did you see any of The Chase last night at Lowe's? HUGE number of empty seats. I think they need to "condense" the schedule...like :tony: did! How's that workin' out?

Saw a bit of that. Amazing amount of seats not filled.

I used to think NASCRAP was unbreakable. Now the third gen France Mafia have managed to do it.

High Sided
10-18-09, 06:03 PM

i was telling my girlfriend we should go to the October race due to the empty seats. my mom and sis live in north carolina

NismoZ
10-18-09, 07:45 PM
They probably wouldn't let you in because they're "sold out."

Kiwifan
10-23-09, 09:40 PM
Oh my my, first time in years we haven't been on the Goldy for the Champ Cars/racing and party and it looks like we aren't the only ones not showing up this year. :eek: The place looks like a ghost town compared to other years.

emjays? Robstar? oow? Any of you guys there?

So so sad and I do hold FTG and FKK responsible. :flame:

I'm just glad we were there for the best years...

Rusty.

Indy
10-24-09, 05:36 PM
But, but. but, I thought those Aussie NASTARDS kept saying they were the reason people showed up.

Kiwifan
10-24-09, 05:56 PM
But, but. but, I thought those Aussie NASTARDS kept saying they were the reason people showed up.

Maybe, but 30,000 other fans musta felt the same as us this year. :D Not gloating but I think the Tin Top boys are slightly overestimating their worth. I love the V8s but open wheel was my passion and the V8s were a bonus. Think there may be trouble on the Coast, a lot of retailers don't seem that happy

Watched both Sat races and it was so sad to see so few people there. Has motorsport really tanked that much?

Take care all.,

Rusty.

PS, 'em buddy, where are ya? We got League to talk about. :)

emjaya
10-25-09, 01:51 AM
Maybe, but 30,000 other fans musta felt the same as us this year. :D Not gloating but I think the Tin Top boys are slightly overestimating their worth. I love the V8s but open wheel was my passion and the V8s were a bonus. Think there may be trouble on the Coast, a lot of retailers don't seem that happy

Watched both Sat races and it was so sad to see so few people there. Has motorsport really tanked that much?

Take care all.,

Rusty.

League? The season's finished, hasn't it? ;)

opinionated ow
10-25-09, 05:58 AM

Take care all.,

Rusty.

Did you watch today's second race? Lowndes locks up trying to avoid ingall's lockup and hits him. So they bring out the safety car (even though the track was cleared) and then spend 5 laps to nullify the start and line the cars up in strating grid order. Then they give the green flag with Lowndes back on the front. So they waste 5 laps nullifying the race (wtf?!?) and then give the race leader a drive through penalty anyway. :shakehead

emjaya
10-25-09, 08:55 AM
Bit of a crashfest today. No open wheelers laying down rubber made the track a bit slippery.

A random image of Nige rubbering up turn 8.

http://i33.tinypic.com/sl76o5.jpg

Kiwifan
10-25-09, 03:42 PM
Bugger= http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,23739,26257393-3102,00.html

One of my staff has a brother working the V8s and for the last month she has passed on his message that "the event didn't need open wheelers" and "people only came to watch the V8s anyway" Hmmmm.

Love the big cars but LOVED the Champ cars more.

That last race was a farce wasn't it? Who the hell puts the cars back to their original stating position after that?

Nice catch 'em, those were the days! :thumbup:

Rusty.