PDA

View Full Version : Virgin Atlantic

cameraman
10-03-09, 01:47 AM
Gee what did Virgin Atlantic spend on those snazzy decals on the Brawn cars, $5.00?

The Mazda MX-5 running around MMP on the weekends have better graphics:shakehead

Sean Malone
10-03-09, 02:14 PM
True. If I recall, Varsha mentioned during the last race that Branson may be doing full sponsorship on one of the new startups for next year.

Also I noticed that the Red Bull cars have 7/11 decals. I had no idea 7/11 was anywhere outside the US, maybe they're not.

EVL29
10-03-09, 03:23 PM
7/11 is huge in Japan.

More pervasive than they are in the U.S.

SteveH
10-03-09, 09:40 PM
7/11 is HUGE

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/7-Eleven

7-Eleven is an international chain of convenience stores. It is, since March 2007, the largest chain store in any category, with more than 32 000 outlets operating in the world, beating the previous record-holder McDonald’s Corporation by approximately 1000 retail stores.[1] Its stores are located in eighteen countries, with its largest markets being Japan, the United States, Canada, the Philippines, Hong Kong, Taiwan, and Thailand. 7-Eleven is a subsidiary of Seven & I Holdings Co. of Japan.

7-11 has a tie in with Honda, I think possibly they run the food service at the Honda factories. Hence the AGR sponsorship for Kanaan.

There's even a 7-11 Bank in Tokyo and probably all through out Japan.

opinionated ow
10-03-09, 10:16 PM
7/11 is HUGE

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/7-Eleven

7-11 has a tie in with Honda, I think possibly they run the food service at the Honda factories. Hence the AGR sponsorship for Kanaan.

North America, South-East Asia, Scandinavia and Australia. They're predominantly servos in Australia.

EVL29
10-04-09, 02:52 PM

From what I understand,personal checks are pretty rare in Japan. A lot of bills(utilities,phone etc) are paid in cash through convenient stores. May be different these days with online banking but was common for decades.

Easy
10-05-09, 01:23 PM
I once bought a single tall boy of Carlsberg Elephant to walk around with at a 7-11 in downtown Copenhagen. I much prefer Danish liquor laws.

Sean Malone
10-05-09, 01:57 PM
I once bought a single tall boy of Carlsberg Elephant to walk around with at a 7-11 in downtown Copenhagen. I much prefer Danish liquor laws.

One of the things I miss from my days living in New Orleans. :thumbup: