PDA

View Full Version : TG downsizing or leaving town?

oddlycalm
09-29-09, 02:29 PM
Does he need the money, is he leaving town, or is it too much house for an aging moron....?

Real estate listing (www.springmill8030.com/)

real estate ad in Indy Star (http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090928/LOCAL1802/909280358&s=TimeStampDescending&page=4#pluckcomments)

oc

Al Czervik
09-29-09, 03:24 PM
He's taking his ball and leaving, just as he's done in the past.

Or, in Cartman speak: Screw you guys, I'm going home.

Napoleon
09-29-09, 03:36 PM
I love the line in the story to the effect "A 14,000 sq. ft. home is a lot of home for 2 people." First, that is a lot of home for 10 people, but that asided does anyone think he cleans the leaves from his gutters and mops the tile floors in his kitchen?

rosawendel
09-29-09, 03:39 PM
boring oversized mcmansion.
the horse stable has more character than the main house.
i can certainly understand listing it themselves though... 7% of the sales price would be a big chunk of change. you could almost run a race team with that kind of coin... oh, wait.

Methanolandbrats
09-29-09, 03:55 PM
Gawdy and no books in the library. :tony:

G.
09-29-09, 04:24 PM

The books are at the garage sale.

(yes, they are having one.)

Methanolandbrats
09-29-09, 04:29 PM
The books are at the garage sale.

(yes, they are having one.)

:saywhat: Rich folks usually don't pile their lives in the driveway for peasants to root around in. That's very strange.

Napoleon
09-29-09, 05:01 PM
:saywhat: Rich folks usually don't pile their lives in the driveway for peasants to root around in. That's very strange.

Man I wish Railbird was around. He would go to that garage sale in a flash and report back with some hysterical take on the whole scene.

mueber
09-29-09, 05:04 PM

It's a metaphor.

swift
09-29-09, 06:16 PM
I heard this song on the (sat.) radio; some of the lyrics are fitting.

One Hundred Little Curses

Now you tumble and fall
Down your grand marble stairway
May the caviar pâté you were eating
Block your airway
May your manservant deliver
The Heimlich, with honor
May this make you vomit on your dolce gabbana
May your wife’s worried face show her horrific expression
May you realize she’s not worried, that’s just Botox injections
May all the commotion cause you to crash the chandelier
and propel into your rear the sharp diamonds from debeers
May your Ferrari break down
May your chauffeur get high
And smash up your stretch rolls
Up on rodeo drive
Off the breaking backs of others
Where you got all your bucks
Till we make the revolution I just hope your life sucks

<chorus:>
All my people in the place put your fist in the air
All my damn mother****ers get up out of your chairs
All my real down peoples we got love for you here
Except for that mother****er right there!
Get ’im!

100 little curses

May your champagne not bubble
May your pinot be sour
May that white stuff you snorting be 96% flour

may your chef be all pissin in the bisque in the kitchen
may I assume your autobiography is filed under fiction
cuz off the breakin backs of others is where you got all your cash
Till we make the revolution I hope your life sucks ass

<chorus>

100 little curses

oddlycalm
09-29-09, 07:48 PM
The entire thing is bizarre IMO and it certainly reinforces the fact that these people haven't the faintest clue about anything kind of business transaction, but I guess we already knew that. One of the advantages of having money is that you can avail yourself of professional level services which dramatically increases the chances for success while dramatically decreasing easily foreseen problems. Once again we see that TG is blissfully unaware of this concept.

In order to sell a $ multimillion property you first have to get the attention of those that can actually afford to buy it which means engaging the services of those that actually have such contacts. Putting a sign in the front yard and announcing it in the local fish wrap is not only an epic security blunder but the chances that will produce a buyer are next to zero. :tony:

Agreed on the McMansion comment. Looks like an overgrown spec house.

oc

BigIrlFan
09-29-09, 09:31 PM
In order to sell a $ multimillion property you first have to get the attention of those that can actually afford to buy it which means engaging the services of those that actually have such contacts. Putting a sign in the front yard and announcing it in the local fish wrap is not only an epic security blunder but the chances that will produce a buyer are next to zero.

HAHahahaha see this is where you are wrong MR. ODd. WE're perty darn far a long with our plan so I dont see no problem sharing it with you strret race loosers. WIsh me luck. IFen we get this off the ground I"ll host a OFF Camber nigth in MAy for all you sorry crybabies. IT aint 1995 no more. ITs time to party and I"m bout to make that happen. Were bout to become tie coons. I hopes.

CHeck it out
http://iambif.com/bif/

BIf#

Methanolandbrats
09-29-09, 09:59 PM
HAHahahaha see this is where you are wrong MR. ODd. WE're perty darn far a long with our plan so I dont see no problem sharing it with you strret race loosers. WIsh me luck. IFen we get this off the ground I"ll host a OFF Camber nigth in MAy for all you sorry crybabies. IT aint 1995 no more. ITs time to party and I"m bout to make that happen. Were bout to become tie coons. I hopes.

CHeck it out
http://iambif.com/bif/

BIf#

HAHAha....check yur mathmatics. You, Buck and Jimbob could'nt sell youselfs at the grayHound Station enough to afford Mr. Georges house. Cipher it out....gummy X starfish X 10,000 don't = Mansion.

datachicane
09-29-09, 11:44 PM
Man I wish Railbird was around. He would go to that garage sale in a flash and report back with some hysterical take on the whole scene.

Maybe Tippy Gomez will find himself in the neighborhood and give us a report.

Michaelhatesfans
09-30-09, 11:15 AM
I really miss the days when some newbie would become indignant and try to debate with Biff...

:laugh:

Napoleon
09-30-09, 12:49 PM
Maybe Tippy Gomez will find himself in the neighborhood and give us a report.

I like the way you think.

oddlycalm
09-30-09, 03:34 PM
One aspect of the big fish/little pond picture that generally doesn't work out too well is when the big fish wants to sell. A $3 million property in NYC has a city full of people that can afford it, but North Indy? If it doesn't move, which is likely, does he rent it...? :tony: Yo BiF....

oc

dando
09-30-09, 03:41 PM
One aspect of the big fish/little pond picture that generally doesn't work out too well is when the big fish wants to sell. A $3 million property in NYC has a city full of people that can afford it, but North Indy? If it doesn't move, which is likely, does he rent it...? :tony: Yo BiF....

oc

True dat. There's a certain hockey player that played here in Cbus that now plays in Denver still trying to sell his $2.5m homizzle. Of course, there's a $2m house up the road from us that's been on the market twice over the past 5 years, and it took ~2 years to sell it the first time. I can't even fathom the PITI on place like that. :eek:

-Kevin

Napoleon
09-30-09, 03:50 PM
My understanding is that high end existing housing sales in general, nationwide, have been hit particularly hard. Of course everyone here knows that one can not underestimate the overwelming stupidity of TG, but still it is a little hard to believe that he would not be selling in this market unless something was forcing his hand. He is an idiot not to hold it at least a year or two more before putting it on the market.

SteveH
09-30-09, 03:51 PM
My understanding is that high end existing housing sales in general, nationwide, have been hit particularly hard. Of course everyone here knows that one can not underestimate the overwelming stupidity of TG, but still it is a little hard to believe that he would not be selling in this market unless something was forcing his hand. He is an idiot not to hold it at least a year or two more before putting it on the market.

I concur.

Hard Driver
09-30-09, 05:06 PM
Stainless Steel pool? I would buy it, but I would think that swimming in the pool would feel like my dog taking a bath in the sink.

cameraman
09-30-09, 07:23 PM
You know that it is going to get sold & immediately subdivided.

nissan gtp
09-30-09, 08:00 PM
I really miss the days when some newbie would become indignant and try to debate with Biff...

we're alll out of noobs :(

FTG
09-30-09, 08:38 PM
And you guys say TG can't pick a winner.

"Many famous guests have walked the property, including former U.S. first lady Laura Bush, who attended a private fundraiser at the home in 2004."

pchall
09-30-09, 09:20 PM
You know that it is going to get sold & immediately subdivided.

Just how many more unsold McMansions does Indy need?

stroker
10-01-09, 01:00 AM
True dat. There's a certain hockey player that played here in Cbus that now plays in Denver still trying to sell his $2.5m homizzle. Of course, there's a $2m house up the road from us that's been on the market twice over the past 5 years, and it took ~2 years to sell it the first time. I can't even fathom the PITI on place like that. :eek:

-Kevin

My brother lives in Santa Ana. A couple of properties three or four doors down the street from him were purchased, demolished and rebuilt over the last couple of years. Last summer (2008) one of them was under construction and advertised at 2.6 mil when it was done. Earlier this summer the house was finished and listed at 1.3 mil. As far as I know it remains unsold.

This is a property on the hills overlooking southern California and on a clear day you can see Catalina Island.

emjaya
10-01-09, 07:45 AM
Around here they would sub-divide it and put about 150 houses on it. :\

pchall
10-01-09, 10:41 AM
Check the property listings in Beech Grove. I bet that's where he belonged all the time.

oddlycalm
10-01-09, 07:16 PM
Around here they would sub-divide it and put about 150 houses on it. :\
They do the same here as well. Buy an acre, starve a couple horses.

Probably what will happen. It's already platted for four additional lots (according to :tony:) so if a developer can pick it up cheap enough and sell off the McMansion...

oc

mueber
10-02-09, 09:30 AM
boring oversized mcmansion.
the horse stable has more character than the main house.
i can certainly understand listing it themselves though... 7% of the sales price would be a big chunk of change. you could almost run a race team with that kind of coin... oh, wait.

Ya'd think TG would stay as far away from horses as possible.

Steve99
10-02-09, 11:33 AM
we're alll out of noobs :(

Maybe we can drag some in, kicking and screaming.

Napoleon
10-02-09, 12:28 PM
Ya'd think TG would stay as far away from horses as possible.

You win the internets today with that one :thumbup:

Shadow
10-08-09, 09:39 PM
AR1 (I did not renew since I'm leaving for a couple of months in AU and NZ shortly) has a heading in rumors wondering if Tony was done in by Madoff. I had the list of customers but did not see TG's name - but then who knows if perhaps he had put some of the family money with Madoff from one of their trusts and of course blew it all? That certainly would have po'd the family enough to toss him if the amount was substantial.

Anyone seen anything related to the family and Madoff.

G.
10-09-09, 12:32 AM
AR1 (I did not renew since I'm leaving for a couple of months in AU and NZ shortly) has a heading in rumors wondering if Tony was done in by Madoff. I had the list of customers but did not see TG's name - but then who knows if perhaps he had put some of the family money with Madoff from one of their trusts and of course blew it all? That certainly would have po'd the family enough to toss him if the amount was substantial.

Anyone seen anything related to the family and Madoff.

first saw it last Christmas over at Cam's place, then it showed up yesterday or so with Robin Miller. It's got some legs.

Shadow
10-10-09, 10:53 AM
Thanks. Took a look at Miller's page and found this:

Q: So Tony George bet the farm on the IRL back in 1996. Now it has been noted that Tony George is selling his Indianapolis estate. Is he planning on funding Vision Racing with the proceeds from the sale next year? Maybe live in an RV at the track like Little Al did for many years? Sounds like Mom and the Sisters not only took away Tony's hammer, they also cut his allowance so much that maybe he can't afford his mortgage nut anymore?

Andrew Miller, San Antonio, TX

RM: We've been hearing for months how Tony lost millions to Bernie Madoff and he's leveraged to the hilt but nobody knows whether he's in financial trouble except his family and probably Jeff Belskus. Obviously, not controlling the checkbook is impacting his racing team and, unless John Menard steps up, Vision Racing could be gone or maybe just run the ovals in 2010. But hopefully Menard's will keep him on the track.

I can imagine the family being very po'd if the blew a ton of their money as well as his own.

SteveH
10-10-09, 11:04 AM
The daughter explains it all right here (http://www.visionracing.com/fans/blog.cfm?cid=24010)

Last paragraph is a doozy :eek:

chop456
10-10-09, 11:41 AM
We need a gomer smilie with pigtails and pink bows.

pchall
10-10-09, 11:46 AM

Just to simplify things, the last 'graph in Lauren George's blog:

So, to those of you who will always find something to complain about, as you go on ranting on TrackForum (or the forum of your choice), just remember you’re the one sitting at home on the computer while the people you are directing your commentary towards are busy in the arena. Now on to Homestead—Vision is back at it. We’ve certainly had errors and shortcomings in our time… you can’t lose by .0162 of a second to a Penske car without putting up a hell of a fight. But we’re going to keep digging until we know Victory.

KLang
10-10-09, 12:15 PM
it gives me the sudden urge to dropkick a baby

Sounds like such a sweet young lady.

Sean Malone
10-10-09, 12:53 PM
Sounds like such a sweet young lady.

She shares her fathers vacant stare.

mueber
10-10-09, 01:58 PM
Ahh, the sweet smell of privilege. I wonder if they have some sort of diplomacy curriculum at Notre Dame.

SteveH
10-10-09, 02:30 PM
We need a gomer smilie with pigtails and pink bows.

:rofl::laugh::rofl:

pchall
10-10-09, 04:06 PM
OC is just as wicked as Smack but with better manners and less vulgarity.

But who knows what might be said there if their server wasn't all 500 error today?

Indy
10-10-09, 04:26 PM
^^^ It's a tragedy.

It makes me want to drop-kick a gomer.

TKGAngel
10-10-09, 05:11 PM
She loses points by using "withdraws" instead of "withdrawals" in the third paragraph.

just remember you’re the one sitting at home on the computer while the people you are directing your commentary towards are busy in the arena

And yet she's the one sitting in her dorm room going all "b*tch, please" on someone just because they don't "get" racing. Also, by default, dorm rooms aren't supposed to be suites at the Ritz. Does she realize that there are people out there who would live in a cardboard box if it meant they could go to Notre Dame?

Also, WTF is up with her comment about her and Mr. Weldon both sharing an appreciation for smooth appendages?

Duroc
10-10-09, 05:32 PM
ND? She couldn't get into RHIT as a legacy or something?

Ozarkian
10-10-09, 05:56 PM
Nice to hear the next generation of the George family holds fans in the same high regard as the current one.

I wonder if they have some sort of diplomacy curriculum at Notre Dame.

Indeed. My guess is she would feel that her birthright makes such coursework unnecessary.

SurfaceUnits
10-10-09, 06:38 PM
how eggzactly would one go about being diplomatic with the crowd at turdforem or others who call themselves IRL fans?

Ozarkian
10-10-09, 06:49 PM
^ Good point.

miatanut
10-10-09, 07:19 PM
OC is just as wicked as Smack but with better manners and less vulgarity.

:confused:

At Smack, hate is an art form.

emjaya
10-10-09, 07:23 PM
The daughter explains it all right here (http://www.visionracing.com/fans/blog.cfm?cid=24010)

Dan and I share an appreciation for smooth appendages, however we disagree on the most effective techniques in order to achieve the ultimate velvet touch, and this has become a frequent topic of conversation between us.

:saywhat:

TKGAngel, you tell me what you think she means and I will tell you what I think. ;) :gomer:

Indy
10-10-09, 07:26 PM
ND? She couldn't get into RHIT as a legacy or something?

RHIT? Retard Home In Terra Haute?

TKGAngel
10-10-09, 08:43 PM
:saywhat:

TKGAngel, you tell me what you think she means and I will tell you what I think. ;) :gomer:

I know what she means. I'm just amazed that got posted on what theoretically should be a "professional" site.