PDA

View Full Version : Atlantics Tight At The Top

NismoZ
09-26-09, 08:52 AM
Three in the show with one to go! Summerton wins again at Road Atlanta. Leapfrogs Edwards to P-2 in the series. Simona still leads (barely) with a P-2 finish. The final at Mazda Raceway should be...tense? Then why am I so :( (maybe because EVERYbody got a top 10 finish?)

opinionated ow
09-26-09, 09:19 AM
Three in the show with one to go! Summerton wins again at Road Atlanta. Leapfrogs Edwards to P-2 in the series. Simona still leads (barely) with a P-2 finish. The final at Mazda Raceway should be...tense? Then why am I so :( (maybe because EVERYbody got a top 10 finish?)

I'm more that way because Sim doesn't have it yet. Come on girl, it's yours to take! Become the first woman to win a major openwheel series. Leanne Tander came so close twice in a row, Sim needs to do it for the ladies!

NismoZ
10-04-09, 10:22 PM
Great RM interview with Simona on Windtunnel tonight. I think it was revealing that she maintains F-1 is her dream and she doesn't know if she'll be in the US or go back to Europe next season. That sounds to me like she's headed back as she didn't even mention the IRL (thank God) even after being prompted by Robin. Hope she can hold on and win it all at Laguna, even though Summerton has looked faster lately. Qualifying and the start are everything in this series as passing at the front seems almost nonexistent.

Lux Interior
10-06-09, 05:57 AM
She knows the IRL won't be around. Nelson Piquet Jr., who ten years ago would probably have been heading to CART, is going to test a Craftsman Truck. That's very telling.

I like the Atlantics. I hope they survive and become the premier U.S. open wheel series and come back to Cleveland for the Cleveland GP. An ALMS / Atlantics weekend would be great. The more the IRL struggles the closer we will be to a scenario like that.

SteveH
10-06-09, 08:12 AM
She knows the IRL won't be around. Nelson Piquet Jr., who ten years ago would probably have been heading to CART, is going to test a Craftsman Truck. That's very telling.

Along with Vitor Miera.

Exit strategy engaged.

opinionated ow
10-06-09, 08:26 AM
Sim is a star..she even sounds cute. She's got the talent, the personality and the attitude. I hope she can continue to find the cash....

NismoZ
10-06-09, 09:38 AM
Which is, btw, coming from... where? What's her daddy do? Or, is she that rare bird, a paid driver?

Lux Interior
10-06-09, 08:11 PM
Along with Vitor Miera.

Exit strategy engaged.

Dario and Scott Dixon were at Petit LeMans - perhaps they want to have an exit strategy in place since it looks like Indycar is going to get flushed any day now.

opinionated ow
10-07-09, 02:33 AM
Which is, btw, coming from... where? What's her daddy do? Or, is she that rare bird, a paid driver?

Her website shows two swiss sponsors. One of which is I think a clothing company

NismoZ
10-11-09, 09:27 PM
Wow. "Tight at the top" doesn't really describe it! Edwards and Summerton finish 1-2 at Mazda Raceway and TIE for the title but Edwards wins it with a tie-breaking additional 2nd place finish. Poor Simona drops from 1st to 3rd in one race.:( That's racing:\) I hope these 3 have SOME kind of future in open wheel and I'd guess it's in Europe.

opinionated ow
10-12-09, 07:26 AM
:cry::cry::cry: Sim....nooooooooooooooooooooooo!

I just want to give her a big hug.

miatanut
10-15-09, 03:50 PM
aUvps_kGMEw

oddlycalm
10-15-09, 05:26 PM
I just want to give her a big hug.
Sorry man, I know your intentions are pure, but when I read your post I just couldn't help thinking of this classic Johnny Drama scene with Brooke Shields.... :D

T4JS4e5KdsI

cameraman
10-15-09, 06:35 PM
Sorry man, I know your intentions are pure, but when I read your post I just couldn't help thinking of this classic Johnny Drama scene with Brooke Shields.... :D

Huh, I couldn't help thinking two little words...

Restraining order.

:D

opinionated ow
10-15-09, 07:11 PM

T4JS4e5KdsI

LOL...I'm a nice, caring sort of fellow. And she needs a big hug. I don't mind admitting I think she's cute though ;)

NismoZ
10-16-09, 04:32 PM
Ban last year's champ to the IRL for that little 4-wheels off infarction! I didn't know exactly what happend but I had my suspicions. No biggie, just a championship in the balance.:shakehead