PDA

View Full Version : Good to see all again in Milwaukee

rocket
06-01-03, 02:46 PM
Time for a few hours of recovery before work tonight...The Mile was a blast even through all the rain and cold...little stuff like that just can't ruin the weekend when you are partying with good friends.:thumbup:

Made it through the race wearing shorts...dam cold though, I think one of my "boys" is still up there frozen to the grandstand.:saywhat:

Bring on Cleveland.

Chitowncartfreak
06-01-03, 10:18 PM
Let me add that it was great to finally put some faces with the names. I had a great weekend at the Mile. I hope everyone returned home safely. Looking forward to the next one (probably Elkhart, possibly Cleveland.)

CTCF

devilmaster
06-01-03, 10:22 PM
Not much I can add here, people.

It was great hangin with all you reprebates again. :)

Can't wait till I see you all again down the road.

Steve

chop456
06-01-03, 10:27 PM
I had a great time, despite also suffering a mild case of frozen "boys". :D I should have worn those long undies I'd considered. FWIW, when I got home at 12:30, the temp in Milwaukee was 42f with a wind chill of 37f.

Saw all the old friends and met some new ones, including some crappies. I think I'll be doing the infield thing from now on. An extra $10 is well worth it, IMHO.

I haven't had a chance to watch the race yet, but I will later in the week. I watched Monaco this morning instead.

RTKar
06-01-03, 10:58 PM
It was a nice gathering in 3, wished I would have mingled a bit more. Too bad the weather wasn't better, hopefully next year.

Classic Apex
06-01-03, 11:49 PM
Why must I always forget to use Sun-Screen in the infield?

My forehead and nose look like the backside of a twice-baked potato.

Nice meeting ya'all. Nice meeting some new faces.

I now plan to sleep for 4 days.

:D

Warlock!
06-02-03, 07:43 AM
Good meeting all you folks (again, in many cases)...

Other than a sickness bringin me down and not allowing me to get my usual "I've fallen and I can't get up" inebriated, I think I'm makin that a yearly pilgrimage. The drive was practically painless and the schedule allowed for a much more laid-back approach to attending a race.

Warlock!

Hardpoint
06-02-03, 01:05 PM
Flobee1, my wife and I watched the race Saturday night and said how much fun it would have been. I think you can count on the three of us (at least) making the trip next year (we actually discussed driving up friday night but then sobriety took over and we decided against it). Looked great on T.V. though.