PDA

View Full Version : dont take photos of your kids without their burkas on

Ankf00
09-21-09, 04:53 PM
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/sfmoms/detail?entry_id=48024

$75K legal fees, no pay for a year, felony trial, w/o kids for a year, sex offender registry.

The DA needs to be publicly disembowled.

Don Quixote
09-21-09, 05:03 PM
Unbelievable. Stuff like this and putting college kids on the registry for public urination. :shakehead

dando
09-21-09, 05:35 PM
Holy craptasticness, Batman! :eek: :saywhat: :flame:

-Kevin

oddlycalm
09-21-09, 06:10 PM
The DA needs to be publicly disembowled.
The DA is complicit but Sheriff Joe runs the criminal justice system in Maricopa County and he his thugs have their own version of sharia law. I hope the parents win $ zillions.

Sheriff Joe's monument to himself (http://www.mcso.org/)

oc

cameraman
09-21-09, 06:16 PM
I've always been annoyed that I have felt the need to frame pictures of my son very carefully for that exact reason. This isn't the first time parents have had their lives turned inside out with this sort of crap.

Sean Malone
09-21-09, 06:55 PM
"Sheriff Joe now Twitters". :rofl:

opinionated ow
09-21-09, 08:33 PM
bugger me...and people questions why I have such a hatred of political correctness...

Methanolandbrats
09-21-09, 08:55 PM
The DA is complicit but Sheriff Joe runs the criminal justice system in Maricopa County and he his thugs have their own version of sharia law. I hope the parents win $ zillions.

oc Geezus, what a Nazi.

Gnam
09-21-09, 09:02 PM
wow. :(

Too bad judgements for pain and suffering can't be paid in real pain and suffering.

Gangrel
09-21-09, 09:32 PM
On the other hand, isn't this a pretty good argument for having a photo-quality printer and never bringing your memory stick to Wal-Mart? People don't seem to get the concept that digital photos don't need to be developed...

datachicane
09-21-09, 11:15 PM
bugger me...and people questions why I have such a hatred of political correctness...

:saywhat:

datachicane
09-21-09, 11:16 PM
Friends don't let friends shop at Wal*Mart.

Indy
09-22-09, 12:27 AM
You take my kids over my dead body.

opinionated ow
09-22-09, 05:41 AM
:saywhat:

bugger me...(an australian expression meaning woah), then a misspelling. It should have said "and people question why I have such a hatred of political correctness." It's all PC/overcontrolling nonsense, i.e. a power trip

Sean Malone
09-22-09, 09:36 AM
You take my kids over my dead body.

that is exactly what my wife said when I told her about this story.

I find the comments posted on the story page to be an interesting snapshot of the current social atmosphere. Some are assuming that the Wal Mart employee is an ultra-conservative right winger while others believe the person is a new left wing 'progressive' who feels the need to judge and insert communal 'morality' on their neighbors. How quickly the fingers start pointing. The truth is probably more along the lines of a entry level employee instructed to report any and all nudity.

datachicane
09-22-09, 10:49 AM
bugger me...(an australian expression meaning woah), then a misspelling. It should have said "and people question why I have such a hatred of political correctness." It's all PC/overcontrolling nonsense, i.e. a power trip

IMHO, it's a bit of a stretch to conflate all overcontrolling nutjobs with PC, but whatever floats your boat, I guess. There's a significant difference between imposing a value set to avoid offense (no matter how misguided the effort) and imposing a value set just to impose a value set, and generally there's little overlap amongst the culprits.

Far from blaming PC, I'd chalk this one up to paranoia steeped in decades of 'When Animals Attack!'- style reporting. I took the family camping last month at Lake Simtustus. While we played in the water on a 107F day, we had to listen for half an hour to a woman screaming at her husband who was wading their 1-2 yr old au naturel about the horrors of the child molesters who were undoubtedly lurking in the brush. I can assure you that the slogan on her Tshirt and her colorful use of language left little doubt that being PC was not very high on her list of priorities.

opinionated ow
09-22-09, 10:54 AM
IMHO, it's a bit of a stretch to conflate all overcontrolling nutjobs with PC, but whatever floats your boat, I guess. There's a significant difference between imposing a value set to avoid offense (no matter how misguided the effort) and imposing a value set just to impose a value set, and generally there's little overlap amongst the culprits.

Far from blaming PC, I'd chalk this one up to paranoia steeped in decades of 'When Animals Attack!'- style reporting. I took the family camping last month at Lake Simtustus. While we played in the water on a 107F day, we had to listen for half an hour to a woman screaming at her husband who was wading their 1-2 yr old au naturel about the horrors of the child molesters who were undoubtedly lurking in the brush. I can assure you that the slogan on her Tshirt and her colorful use of language left little doubt that being PC was not very high on her list of priorities.

Yeah...I meant more nanny state than PC...but I still hate both :D

Methanolandbrats
09-22-09, 10:57 AM
... I took the family camping last month at Lake Simtustus. While we played in the water on a 107F day, we had to listen for half an hour to a woman screaming at her husband who was wading their 1-2 yr old au naturel about the horrors of the child molesters who were undoubtedly lurking in the brush. I can assure you that the slogan on her Tshirt and her colorful use of language left little doubt that being PC was not very high on her list of priorities. Got any pictures to post? :D

Napoleon
09-22-09, 11:23 AM
Geezus, what a Nazi.

That guy has been infamous for years. I thought he was under serious investigation for something that could send him up the river for a long time.

G.
09-22-09, 11:43 AM
I think there's more to this story than what we are hearing (Captain Obvious is bucking for a promotion!).

First, I do believe that the parents were being innocent, but perhaps naive. Not much to base this belief on, just a gut check.

The picts were "reportedly" a bit more then what most of us would consider the cutesy-nekkid. They appeared to be "posed", and there were picts of the girls "wrestling" whilst unclothed. Reportedly. :\

Anyway, the police report is some 60 pages long. Cops generally don't write that much for giggles.

A couple of sorta related points - did it say what police dept. arrested them? I wouldn't think WhackBadge Joe would be involved with city police.

Second, when the police come to take your kids from you, they come with FORCE. I guess you have to make the call as to what's worse, kids going to visit someone for a few weeks, or seeing mom and dad get shot, beaten and tased, in that order. REALLY ****ty situation, which is why exonerated parents have a teeny bit of a grudge against the cops . :flame: :mad:

That said, if this turns out to be just cutesy pics, then some cops need to go to prison. Seriously. :flame:

Ankf00
09-22-09, 02:44 PM
that is exactly what my wife said when I told her about this story.

I find the comments posted on the story page to be an interesting snapshot of the current social atmosphere. Some are assuming that the Wal Mart employee is an ultra-conservative right winger while others believe the person is a new left wing 'progressive' who feels the need to judge and insert communal 'morality' on their neighbors. How quickly the fingers start pointing. The truth is probably more along the lines of a entry level employee instructed to report any and all nudity.

word.

Michaelhatesfans
09-22-09, 03:43 PM
Got any pictures to post? :D

Completely tasteless.

:laugh:

No, really. Tasteless.

:laugh:

Ankf00
09-22-09, 04:17 PM
That guy has been infamous for years. I thought he was under serious investigation for something that could send him up the river for a long time.

Whichever one of Village Voice Media's alternative news weeklies is out there has a long running investigation of his antics. As to whether or not that's resulted in anything legitimately criminal, who knows

G.
09-22-09, 08:46 PM
Got any pictures to post? :D

You a Rangers fan, by any chance?

;)

SteveH
09-22-09, 09:25 PM

;)

:rofl:

TrueBrit
09-23-09, 09:37 AM

;)

Ouch :eek:

SteveH
09-24-09, 05:03 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0903/Fremen/pbf_kitty_photographer.jpg

Napoleon
09-24-09, 08:54 AM
Whichever one of Village Voice Media's alternative news weeklies is out there has a long running investigation of his antics. As to whether or not that's resulted in anything legitimately criminal, who knows

You are talking about the Phoenix New Times. (http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/arpaio/jails)

In any event, the feds opened a new probe of him a few days ago. (http://www.ipsnews.net/news.asp?idnews=48480)

Napoleon
09-24-09, 09:00 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0903/Fremen/pbf_kitty_photographer.jpg

Could have been worse. That could have been a 17 year old girl giving a hummer to an almost 16 year old boy. (http://www.economist.com/displaystory.cfm?story_id=14164614&CFID=82758152&CFTOKEN=26188973)

oddlycalm
09-24-09, 05:28 PM
Could have been worse. That could have been a 17 year old girl giving a hummer to an almost 16 year old boy. (http://www.economist.com/displaystory.cfm?story_id=14164614&CFID=82758152&CFTOKEN=26188973)

There was a teenage girl down the valley that recently went to prison under harsh mandatory sex crimes sentencing recently after she took some cell phone pics of a couple of her friends engaged in the act while they were all liquored up at a party then sending them to someone else. Cell phone camera + teeagers = bad judgment calls, which should be obvious, but the system is doing land office business with all of these "sex crimes."

Not a great situation when there is underage drinking and sex at a party, worse when pics of said act make their way to others, yet a 10yr minimum mandatory sentence seems draconian and a waste of state resources. Our experiment with turning prosecutors into sentencing judges and judges into courtroom referees seems to have missed it's intended mark. Big surprise.

The other side of the coin is that police with limited resources are now faced with bloated sex offender lists making it more difficult to track the truly dangerous predators.

oc

oddlycalm
09-25-09, 04:55 PM
The other case involves Darryl Buck who was sentenced in Linn County in 2006. Buck touched the clothed buttocks of a 13-year-old girl who was sitting next to him fishing. When the girl stood up, Buck brushed the dirt off the girl's shorts with two swipes of his hand.

The judge in Buck's case imposed a 17-month sentence, not the 75-month prison term mandated by Measure 11. The judge said a six-year sentence would be "grossly unfair" given that the touching was "outside the clothes, it was without fondling, it was not a situation where it was forced."

Oregon Supreme Court fishes for common sense and hooks a couple (http://www.oregonlive.com/politics/index.ssf/2009/09/oregon_supreme_court_limits_me.html)

oc

Methanolandbrats
09-25-09, 05:05 PM
All this ******** reminds me of when I read The Scarlet Letter.

grungex
09-26-09, 10:37 PM

oc

And people wonder why I hate cops... (for Bricktard)

Oregon Supreme Court fishes for common sense and hooks a couple (http://www.oregonlive.com/politics/index.ssf/2009/09/oregon_supreme_court_limits_me.html)

oc

"The measure itself stands," Paris said. "It is still operative and mandatory minimums apply, except for when they don't"

Well that certainly clears things up...