PDA

View Full Version : All fall down

oddlycalm
09-18-09, 09:34 PM
Here's something you don't see every day. Badass biker gang riding in formation gets brake checked by an SUV and everything goes ass over tea kettle.

Brother Speed wreck (http://www.oregonlive.com/clackamascounty/index.ssf/2009/09/crash_possibly_involving_multi.html)

RIP if some don't survive, feel better soon to those injured and now would be a good time for a move to a distant land under an assumed name for the SUV driver...

oc

Cam
09-18-09, 09:46 PM
I lurve karma. :D

meadors
09-18-09, 09:46 PM
Wow that must have been a sight.

dando
09-18-09, 10:01 PM
:saywhat: :mad: :irked: :thumdown:

Did I say :flame:?

-Kevin

Methanolandbrats
09-18-09, 10:08 PM
Driver was'nt charged as far as I can see, why do you say "brakecheck"? Sounds to me like typical tailgating when fast traffic stops.

Sean Malone
09-18-09, 10:53 PM
1%'er biker gangs...excuse me...motorcycle clubs (gag) were all but invisible in the middle class burbs where I grew up. I never witnessed a 'biker' wearing colors. Here in FL on the other hand I see members of the Outlaws MC at least once a month riding through the commercial area wearing colors. I actually had a 'slight' run in with two at a stop light while on my sport bike. I thought they were your typical Harley riders that are everywhere here in FL...the light went green...I take off normally and they go screaming by me and cut me off ( a big insult for a motorcycle rider to cut off another one) I crack it down a gear because, well I'm faster than 95% of anything on the road let alone a couple of 1000lb Harleys, and blow past them...at a glance while I'm passing I notice..."oh sh**, their Outlaws with full colors!!".

I see both of them crack their throttles, I drop another gear and we're up over 100mph before I can think about what I'm doing. For the next 3 miles I'm passing car over the double line...one eye in front...one eye in my rear view mirror. I can see them trying to keep up, they were probably 100 car lengths when I came up on a line of traffic in my lane and oncoming traffic in the other lane. They are closing fast as I'm back down to about 50mph so I decide this is serious enough to get serious....I split the traffic on the double, front wheel coming a foot up with each gear...and what do I see in the my mirror!!!???! One of the guys is passing the car I just passed on the gravel shoulder at 80mph!! Now the visions of me getting wiped out by a couple of 1%er's is flashing through my head and it becomes serious survival. I'm twisting every gear to 13,000rpm (redline is 13K-15K) and I finally lose them in the oncoming high speed corners ahead. I went straight to the house and put the bike in the garage.

I've caught some of those 'biker' cop shows were they infiltrate gangs hoping to take them down and one thing I learned...if you see a gang out riding with full colors...look the other way...drive the other way...do not do anything to provoke them. I told my family and explained what colors are as there are a lot of un official clubs riding around (like ma and pa who bought their first Harley and just love the jeans and leather they paid $500 for at the local HD dealer and their vest has Harley Davisdon written like MC colors). If you see a top banner and a smaller 'MC' patch as least....do whatever you can to get away from them. Oh, and don't brake check them.

grungex
09-18-09, 11:19 PM
:saywhat: :mad: :irked: :thumdown:

Did I say :flame:?

This (http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=322222&src=3) should make you feel better.

Driver was'nt charged as far as I can see, why do you say "brakecheck"? Sounds to me like typical tailgating when fast traffic stops.

Yep. Rear-ending someone is usually the tailgater's fault...

Michaelhatesfans
09-19-09, 03:09 AM
Gee, OC, it's not like you to miss out on the ironic part of the story...

"The bikers were heading north to take part in the Portland chapter's annual birthday bash and a weekend demolition derby..."

;)

dando
09-19-09, 09:15 AM

"The bikers were heading north to take part in the Portland chapter's annual birthday bash and a weekend demolition derby..."

;)

Dude, he was busy fixing his bike after the wreck. :gomer: ;)

http://www.ramchandra.me.uk/blog/archives/2007/05/wild_hogs.jpg

:D

-Kevin

Indy
09-19-09, 10:57 AM
Any man who relies on a gang to settle his battles is a COWARD.

One advantage of dictatorship would be the ability to simply exterminate these vermin, but of course that implies its own sort of gang.

Now we have Hollywood glorifying them for profit. :shakehead

Human beings are animals.

Methanolandbrats
09-19-09, 11:13 AM

One advantage of dictatorship would be the ability to simply exterminate these vermin, but of course that implies its own sort of gang.

Human beings are animals.:thumbup:

STD
09-19-09, 11:18 AM
:laugh:

Sean Malone
09-19-09, 11:28 AM

Human beings are animals.

Our highly trained, armed police force are too busy catching speeders and red light runners for state and county revenue. Meanwhile, there are thousands of neighborhoods across the country that we dare not enter for fear of not emerging with our lives.

oddlycalm
09-19-09, 03:13 PM

;)

Good catch, high irony indeed. :thumbup: :laugh:

oc

chop456
09-19-09, 03:19 PM
At least they were all wearing helmets.

datachicane
09-19-09, 07:00 PM
I just missed being in the middle of that mess.

High Sided
09-19-09, 07:20 PM
anyone watch "Sons of Anarchy"?

best soap opera on TV :tony:

chop456
09-19-09, 07:21 PM
I just missed being in the middle of that mess.

Your Hog has an oil leak that prevented you from riding it? :D

datachicane
09-20-09, 01:55 AM
Your Hog has an oil leak that prevented you from riding it? :D

No, carpenter ants.

http://springvinmoto.com/albums/album103/WoodBike.jpg

oddlycalm
09-20-09, 04:12 PM
No, carpenter ants.

http://springvinmoto.com/albums/album103/WoodBike.jpg

Ah yes, the Harley Splintertail. :thumbup:

oc

Napoleon
09-21-09, 07:30 AM
No, carpenter ants.

I hear the Orkin man is running a tune up special.