PDA

View Full Version : 2009 the end?

oddlycalm
09-10-09, 09:05 PM
Gotta wonder if this dead horse even makes the starting gate for 2010.

nobody is watching (http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/article/miller-nobody-is-watching/)

the chemistry in the booth between Bob Jenkins, Robbie Buhl and Jon Beekhuis has been a pleasant surprise (especially Buhl)
Really? Jon aside, that booth should be sealed and shipped to toxic waste dump with Jenkins and Buhl in it. :yuck:

It’s an inverted financial pyramid because right now the series isn’t worth a fifth of what it takes to run up front.
Won't someone just sprinkle fairy dust on it and make it better? What, all out of fairy dust...? :tony:

IndyCar is dying on VERSUS. It’s not a theory or an assumption, it’s a fact. Wow, didn't see that one coming.

DIRECTV has pitched VERSUS and its 16 million homes
They needed the bandwidth for a Norwegian language game show channel.

oc

G.
09-10-09, 10:39 PM
There's a prediction thread over at Cam's place, chock full of appropriate profanity and thread derailments, as expected (and as it should be).

I got the announcement on Sept. 20, 2010, right after the Honda company picnic.

They'll be there next year, as the HG's try to figure out what to do with the damn thing. IMO.

pchall
09-11-09, 09:14 AM
They'll be there next year, as the HG's try to figure out what to do with the damn thing. IMO.

That zombie of a series will stumble on and on. I give it until May 2011 when the corpse will be so rotted that it will fall to bits on the ground in Victory Lane.

mueber
09-11-09, 10:48 AM
The people running the Speedway are accountants. They know how to fix this problem: Danica will be in the 2012 Indianapolis 500, in a Dodge.

Methanolandbrats
09-11-09, 10:50 AM
Sell it to NASCAR. Saw the fenders off of the COT and turn it into a roadster. That would satisfy everyone including the historically aware Gomers.

dando
09-11-09, 11:09 AM
That zombie of a series will stumble on and on. I give it until May 2011 when the corpse will be so rotted that it will fall to bits on the ground in Victory Lane.

IMO, the truth will be told when they fail to reach 33 next May w/o :tony:$. It'll finish '10, but may not answer the bell in '11.

-Kevin

DagoFast
09-11-09, 01:39 PM
IMO, the truth will be told when they fail to reach 33 next May w/o :tony:$. It'll finish '10, but may not answer the bell in '11.

-Kevin

I think the rest of the Hulman George's are just as rich and congenitally stupid as Toeknee. Therefore, I believe that through some moronic sense of tradition and Hoosier pride, they will keep it alive through the 2011 centennial race. Then it's curtains.

Danicles in a Dodge in 2012 is a good bet. If Dodge is still around then. :D

Napoleon
09-11-09, 02:25 PM
Queue the Doors:

This is the end
Beautiful friend
This is the end
My only friend, the end

Of our elaborate plans, the end
Of everything that stands, the end
No safety or surprise, the end
Ill never look into your eyes...again

. . . .

mueber
09-11-09, 04:07 PM
I think the rest of the Hulman George's are just as rich and congenitally stupid as Toeknee. Therefore, I believe that through some moronic sense of tradition and Hoosier pride, they will keep it alive through the 2011 centennial race. Then it's curtains.

Danicles in a Dodge in 2012 is a good bet. If Dodge is still around then. :D

I thought of that after I posted. Maybe Danica will be in a Toyota.

STD
09-11-09, 06:15 PM
Queue the Doors:

This is the end
Beautiful friend
This is the end
My only friend, the end

Of our elaborate plans, the end
Of everything that stands, the end
No safety or surprise, the end
Ill never look into your eyes...again

. . . .

Beautiful friend? :rofl:

High Sided
09-25-09, 03:29 PM
honda signs through 2011
Danica signs 3yr deal with agr

STD
09-25-09, 03:41 PM
SOS :laugh:

Don Quixote
09-25-09, 03:46 PM
But, but, but I thought P.S.P. had all those offers from top tier cup teams. :gomer:

oddlycalm
09-25-09, 03:48 PM
Danica, Mikey and Marco absolutely deserve each other.

oc

Napoleon
09-25-09, 03:56 PM
This ruins my weekend.

Sean Malone
09-25-09, 04:02 PM
Does this mean the 'pony' single handedly saved American open wheel racing?!?!:eek:

pchall
09-25-09, 06:33 PM
honda signs through 2011

Tracy had a multi-year deal with Forsythe going at the end, as I recall. And Cosworth was inked for the engine supply.

Signing deals is easy. Fulfilling them is a bit harder with a crappy dying series. If Andretti Racing wants Princess Permapout for anything it will to try to whore her out yet again to get a NASCAR team rolling and keep them in business when the Honda ¥en dries up completely.

High Sided
09-25-09, 10:30 PM
i just hope u-verse doesn't piss off comcast for 2 years :gomer:

Don Quixote
09-26-09, 09:51 AM
Maybe Honda "ponied" up the yen to keep her away from Yoda. :tony:

pchall
09-26-09, 11:30 AM
Princess Sparkle Pony Permapout not like I.

http://www.thatsweird.net/Pictures/yoda_starwars.jpg

TravelGal
09-28-09, 12:55 AM
Princess Sparkle Pony Permapout not like I.

There IS sort of a resemblance when she tries to smile. :laugh:

Methinks it's going be a "challenge" to get this hulk off the mat for 2010 but I think they'll do their damndest to make it work because it's all about 2011. That's why the deals are for 3 years. To make it look like it's healthy for its second hunnert years. But as pchall says, doing is a lot different from signing. After 2011 even the IRLista won't give a cr@p.

pchall
09-28-09, 12:00 PM
The "Centennial Era" is being postponed one year because of "economy".

IMS Cites Economy for Delaying Special Event

InsideINdianaBusines.com Report

The sluggish economy is forcing the Indianapolis Motor Speedway (IMS) to postpone one of its centennial era events for one year. The Centennial Era Concours d'Elegance, featuring some of the finest antique motor vehicles in the world, will be held in June 2011. It was originally scheduled for June 2010. IMS says the decision is based on input from industry leaders who believe the delay increases the chances for a successful event.

I suppose they might have to postpone the Centennial version of the 500 to 2012 or beyond. :tony:

Napoleon
09-28-09, 12:58 PM
I suppose they might have to postpone the Centennial version of the 500 to 2012 or beyond. :tony:

Look at what happened to GM within months of them celebrating their centennial.

Methanolandbrats
09-28-09, 01:05 PM
"IMS says the decision is based on input from industry leaders who believe the delay increases the chances for a successful event".

:laugh:

Duroc
09-28-09, 01:27 PM
One of the smackies linked to a previous release touting Honda's commitment through 2013. "Leasing engines? Sure, as long as the checks clear..."

IMS has got to be a great place to work. Apparatchiks going through the motions until the money runs out. Questioning the Downfall, "where's Steiner?" fantasies will only get you to the unemployment office that much quicker.

"IMS says the decision is based on input from industry leaders who believe the delay increases the chances for a successful event".

Let me guess..... the museum and holdings aren't in a separate, non-profit trust?

pchall
09-28-09, 04:34 PM

:laugh:

Just who are the "industry leaders" for organizing Concours events? All I can imagine is they got a lot of replies to their invitation that basically said, "**** no. Not transporting my car(s) to Indy just for your gratification."

mueber
09-28-09, 04:42 PM
honda signs through 2011

In May I bought a used Honda Civic Si because I thought Honda would be gone from Gomerville soon.

It's a great car none-the-less.

Napoleon
09-28-09, 04:59 PM
Just who are the "industry leaders" for organizing Concours events? All I can imagine is they got a lot of replies to their invitation that basically said, "**** no. Not transporting my car(s) to Indy just for your gratification."

Actually I read it more as they were trying to get sponsers to underwrite the cost of the event and were told that the sponsors had not budgeted to spend money on stuff like that but to try them in '11 when hopefully the economy was better.

Tim
09-28-09, 06:49 PM
Or maybe it's that nobody gives a crap? I've never known a group of people to have over-estimated there importance than those who have anything to do with IMS. Well maybe Packer and Dale Jr fans.

Methanolandbrats
09-28-09, 07:45 PM
Food and beverage vendors probably wanted money up front to show. :D

oddlycalm
09-28-09, 10:28 PM
Or maybe it's that nobody gives a crap? I've never known a group of people to have over-estimated there importance than those who have anything to do with IMS.
I've been saying exactly that since the mid-1970's.

oc