PDA

View Full Version : TG, the final irony?

oddlycalm
09-06-09, 03:34 PM
Decision time coming (http://www.indystar.com/article/20090904/SPORTS01/909040356/1052/SPORTS01/Contract+extension+caps+very+good+week+for+Hayden)

Vision Racing owner Tony George, who founded the Indy Racing League, said Thursday his family's team is not yet funded for 2010 and needs to be before the end of this season "or it will be decision time."

oc

dando
09-06-09, 04:09 PM
Decision time coming (http://www.indystar.com/article/20090904/SPORTS01/909040356/1052/SPORTS01/Contract+extension+caps+very+good+week+for+Hayden)

oc

:rofl: :shakehead :tony:

-Kevin

pchall
09-06-09, 04:35 PM
Just another indication of what many have contended all along. Tony George has never done anything for the love of the sport. He's only acted to feed his own ego.

Tim
09-06-09, 04:46 PM
Well then he sure liked feeding his ego cocaine.

Methanolandbrats
09-06-09, 06:20 PM
Tony is probably the best example ever of what happens when you give a dumbass a huge pile of money.

miatanut
09-06-09, 06:34 PM
:thumbup:

mapguy
09-06-09, 11:17 PM
http://files.pierrenel.co.uk/full_of_win.jpg

KLang
09-07-09, 08:43 AM
Looks like the family really did cut him off. :thumbup:

FTG! :mad:

NismoZ
09-07-09, 12:24 PM
Time for the France crime family to pounce! (again):\

DagoFast
09-07-09, 02:10 PM
Time for the France crime family to pounce! (again):\

You don't think last weeks GrandSham test at the hickyard was a coincidence? :laugh: When the current MotoGP contract ends you'll see J. France and R. Edmonson's DMG 2 wheel circus act take over there too. ;)

That will give the France family control of 3 out of the 4 annual events run at old paw paws place.

It's funny what happens to a rookie gambler when he decides to bluff big and is essentially oblivious that he is throwing the deed to the family farm into the pot when he attempts to use the 'Ol Ponderosa as leverage. :tony:

NismoZ
09-07-09, 02:47 PM
Yep, be sickening no matter which direction it heads!:shakehead

oddlycalm
09-07-09, 04:06 PM
It's funny what happens to a rookie gambler when he decides to bluff big and is essentially oblivious that he is throwing the deed to the family farm into the pot

Absolutely, this is a guy that when you look in his eyes you see the back of his head. Giving him anything more than an allowance and a pretend job was a recipe for disaster from the get go.

oc

NismoZ
09-07-09, 05:10 PM
Then he even jettisoned the pretend job that was left him! Brilliant. Why, it's almost as if he knows something none of us have annnny idea about! Gosh, if we just had some clues.:gomer:

pchall
09-08-09, 07:10 AM
Then he even jettisoned the pretend job that was left him! Brilliant. Why, it's almost as if he knows something none of us have annnny idea about! Gosh, if we just had some clues.:gomer:

The Little Lord Sagamore in the Pagoda with his hammer.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_ddgxdH90u-w/SB3tRtdLfYI/AAAAAAAAAOY/fL70Uqu-Q4g/S240/clue_board_1986_small.jpg

Obviously a suicide.

Don Quixote
09-08-09, 09:04 AM
^^^ Brilliant! :rofl:

Corner5
09-08-09, 11:09 AM
^^^^

Excellent!

TG's total destruction of OW in the US is coming full circle and almost complete.

Andrew Longman
09-08-09, 12:16 PM
It is so appropriate that they guy who thought success was defined by power and control rather than creating value for participants and stakeholders should get shut down because his team can't create value.

I am a bit sad about how much value has been destroyed though... but I started getting over that several years ago.

FTG
09-08-09, 08:08 PM
It's like Bush, Iraq and private medical insurance. Would've been happier if I was wrong and the idiot never suffers as much as the people around the idiot.

NismoZ
09-09-09, 10:18 AM
Idiots abound.

Sean Malone
09-09-09, 10:50 AM
It's like Bush, Iraq and private medical insurance. Would've been happier if I was wrong and the idiot never suffers as much as the people around the idiot.

:shakehead

Hard Driver
09-10-09, 01:25 AM
It is so appropriate that they guy who thought success was defined by power and control rather than creating value for participants and stakeholders should get shut down because his team can't create value.

I am a bit sad about how much value has been destroyed though... but I started getting over that several years ago.

Well put...

I am sad about the demise of the sport...

However, I am actually rather pleased about the demise of the TG. Somehow there is karma at work.

chop456
09-10-09, 02:44 AM
It's amazing how blowing countless millions of someone's money and having nothing to show for it can irritate them. :tony:

Had he done nothing, they'd be better off. You have to think that some of the less moronic family members are keenly aware of that.

Napoleon
09-10-09, 07:55 AM
Thank God the Germans invented the word schadenfreude.

Indy
09-10-09, 11:40 AM
Thank God the Germans invented the word schadenfreude.

As I see so many greedy, stupid people going broke in this economic collapse, and with the demise of AOW, I find that word coming to mind daily.

**** 'em.

JLMannin
09-10-09, 08:33 PM
Forsythe should offer to sell him a CART franchise. He may be dumb enough to buy it.

Shadow
09-14-09, 12:06 PM
Forsythe should offer to sell him a CART franchise. He may be dumb enough to buy it.

Good one John. Maybe Forsythe will be standing there with a few buck and will pick up the series when the family has had its fill. I doubt it but then who knows. I also wonder if anyone is going to be able to make a go of it.

I hope Roger, Cheap and Mikey are really happy now. If they hadn't switched who knows.....................................

Sean Malone
09-14-09, 01:54 PM
Isn't there still a board where they proclaim that the strip club owner is going to raise Champ Car from the ashes?