PDA

View Full Version : Great race!

ChrisB
06-01-03, 11:26 AM
Now, to me, THAT was as good as when TNN used to show the WoO night races from Williams Grove a few years back (when I actually wasn't THERE). There's just something about night races.

All tracks should be 70ft wide. Milwaukee is the perfect oval... flat, 70ft wide, not too big, not too small, with nice long straights. Did I mention it's 70ft wide?

Congrats Michel & Bobby-Ray.

The cold... aside from Bruno's mishap it didn't really come across on TV at least like they were having trouble finding grip. How the folks in the grandstand felt is probably another story though.

Exhaust flames at night!

700 hp and RC wings (like the mid 90's) is the way to do these tracks. I just wish we coulda seen it at Chicago which is also 70ft wide and has an extreme paperclip shape (also like Williams Grove) as well as a return to what Nazareth used to be.

I did mention that the Milwaukee Mile is great because its 70 feet wide, right? :)

I know I was saying last year that CART should focus on road/street, but as long as there's a good crowd showing up at The Mile, CART's "diversity" claim is assured... even if it's just Milwaukee as the only oval. Hopefully if CART continues the 750hp-road/700hp-ovals idea with the next engine, the business case for more ovals will improve. (though I still think the chassis should be road/street centric instead of the current chassis which still has remnants of being Indy-centric)

I also couldn't help while watching and thinking about how some of us used to post suggestions on these forums that CART should consider running Nazareth under the lights while they were there... that woulda been great.

Also... I was great to see Mario being interviewed during the race at the first caution, since (trivia time) he was the last driver to win a points paying National Championship race in the Dirt Champ cars at Nazareth in July '69!

Overall, this night race was a winner for Champ cars!

FRANKY
06-01-03, 12:25 PM
Took them many years too long but night racing rocks.