PDA

View Full Version : Princess sparklepony sticks a toe in the Nationwide pool

oddlycalm
09-06-09, 03:27 PM
ESPN/Ed Hinton are claiming the princess will start start figuring out how to climb into a cab in 2010.

Partrick to drive in Nationwide in 2010 (http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/nascar/nationwide/news/story?id=4449524)

oc

TKGAngel
09-06-09, 05:47 PM
Danica + Tony + special assistance from Dale Jr / Kevin Harvick = lots of hot tempers in one small location. Get yer popcorn ready.

stroker
09-06-09, 06:56 PM
Danica + Tony + special assistance from Dale Jr / Kevin Harvick = lots of hot tempers in one small location. Get yer popcorn ready.

Happily, this is one situation in which I can reply IDGAF...

Methanolandbrats
09-06-09, 07:44 PM
Throwing that snotty little bitch into the middle of a bunch of knuckle dragging hillbillies won't work out that well. :D

trish
09-06-09, 08:11 PM
I wonder if this will help or hurt the IRL.

stroker
09-06-09, 08:29 PM
I wonder if this will help or hurt the IRL.

I doubt her staying or leaving would affect the ultimate outcome much at this point.

trish
09-06-09, 08:37 PM
I doubt her staying or leaving would affect the ultimate outcome much at this point.

I'm hoping her leaving will finally push it over the edge.

mapguy
09-06-09, 11:32 PM
Danica + Tony + special assistance from Dale Jr / Kevin Harvick =

http://www.dailycomedy.com/images/jokes/b/0_hotdog_down_a_hallway.jpg

Fio1
09-07-09, 02:33 AM
This is a career ender for her IMO. She'll do two struggling seasons in Cup then quit racing and start a family. There are not many Indycar drivers that can make the switch successfully, and she is not talented enough to pull it off. Other then drivers like Tony Stewart who came from Midgets, Montoya is the only guy who has been successful. Danica is no Montoya. Stupid move by her and her Dad:thumdown:

extramundane
09-07-09, 11:57 AM
This is a career ender for her IMO. She'll do two struggling seasons in Cup then quit racing and start a family.

This is NASCAR we're talking about- performance doesn't matter. How well has Mikey Waltrip done lately? Dale Junior? Yet, somehow, these choads are marketable, so they're still around. As long as Danica can show up and make the race, someone will keep signing the checks. It doesn't matter if she's a race winner or if she tools around 10 laps down. She'd make more in merchandising during year one than she has in her entire IRL career, and for someone who's clearly been more about "The Brand" than on-track performance, that sounds like a winning deal.

SteveH
09-07-09, 12:29 PM
While I think she'll be in way over her head, I also don't think it will matter for the reasons stated above. One more consideration, she's planning her exit before the IRL completely collapses. As far as a career planning move, you can't argue with that. Set the process in motion now for when the inevitable occurs.

NismoZ
09-07-09, 12:35 PM
So, my guess is :tony: wasn't able to get her for a half interest in Vision Racing? She'll rue the day, I say...RUE the day!!

oddlycalm
09-07-09, 04:15 PM
she's planning her exit before the IRL completely collapses. As far as a career planning move, you can't argue with that. Set the process in motion now for when the inevitable occurs.

Yep, the rats are suiting up for a dive over the side.

oc

G.
09-07-09, 06:49 PM
This is a career ender for her IMO. She'll do two struggling seasons in Cup then quit racing and start a family.

It's the only smart move she has. A couple of seasons in Cup, babies, driving school instructor, a few sports car hires. Sounds perfect, actually. That would be her first legitimate WIN.

The alternative would be to auger in with the earl.

Side note: What's the odds that a sex tape pops up next year? You KNOW the earl braintrust has asked her if she has one that could be leaked. I'd suggest hints in May, the release in June.

NismoZ
09-08-09, 09:57 AM
I'm so underwhelmed by this "news" I can't even explain it. I'd rather see Simona and the PonyGirl in a million dollar made for TV match race with Swift 16s at Laguna...the loser agreeing to leave the sport!

mueber
09-08-09, 03:09 PM
NASCAR is where the money is, and if it doesn't work out, she'll be welcomed back in a heart-beat just like Dario Frannobody.

Sean Malone
09-08-09, 03:30 PM
This is NASCAR we're talking about- performance doesn't matter. How well has Mikey Waltrip done lately? Dale Junior? Yet, somehow, these choads are marketable, so they're still around. As long as Danica can show up and make the race, someone will keep signing the checks. It doesn't matter if she's a race winner or if she tools around 10 laps down. She'd make more in merchandising during year one than she has in her entire IRL career, and for someone who's clearly been more about "The Brand" than on-track performance, that sounds like a winning deal.

Yep, exactly. I'm surprised she didn't go 2 years ago. Anyone seen AJ Allmendoucher or Scott Spudd hanging around the IRL paddock, helmet in hand? Didn't think so.

Wheel-Nut
09-08-09, 06:48 PM
:rofl:
Allmendoucher :rofl:

Fresh with a clean nutty scent!!

opinionated ow
09-08-09, 08:37 PM
I'm so underwhelmed by this "news" I can't even explain it. I'd rather see Simona and the PonyGirl in a million dollar made for TV match race with Swift 16s at Laguna...the loser agreeing to leave the sport!

No...because I'd have to be there to see it. And Simona would have lapped her when the curse of me being a massive fan would strike and her engine would blow up. Can't have that happen!

(BTW...Simona is much, much, much cuter that Danica. It's a toss up between her and Katherine which is my favourite)

grungex
09-08-09, 09:53 PM
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa208/grungexx/100_9656.jpg

Methanolandbrats
09-08-09, 09:59 PM
:rofl: :rofl:

Fresh with a clean nutty scent!!

Does'nt he suffer from anal leakage?

JohnHKart
09-09-09, 01:05 AM
:rofl: Princess sparklepony

im on the floor right now...best name ever on here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep it up guys!

JH

Fio1
09-09-09, 01:14 AM
Side note: What's the odds that a sex tape pops up next year? .
:rofl: Rumor has it that there is indeed one and that a certain sort-of-famous driver had/ has it. ;-) Not exactly sex tape, but her dancing around naked while completely hammered. Another sort-of-famous driver that raced in the UK while she was there told me about it. I took it with a grain of salt, but it sounded interesting.

Fio1
09-09-09, 01:15 AM
This is NASCAR we're talking about- performance doesn't matter. How well has Mikey Waltrip done lately? Dale Junior? Yet, somehow, these choads are marketable, so they're still around.

Ya, but those are so called good-old-boys. Francheesee and Danica aren't.

Sean Malone
09-09-09, 09:18 AM

Danikers is at least 'muricun. They'll put her through Redneck Racecar Driver 101 and before you know it she'll be droppin' her 'g's' and sayin' things like..."My Peak Performance Motorola Pappa's Ginger Ale Chevrolet was runnin' stroooong today but we just missed the setup when the track changed as more rubber was put down. Lookin' forward ta next week at Talladega! Hopin' ta have a good race there!". :gomer:

extramundane
09-09-09, 09:20 AM

Johnny-Paul Montgomery ain't neither, but he fits a niche, just like Mz. Sparklehorse, so he's not only still around, but doing commercials too. Dario was just another white guy with a funny accent who didn't have a fanbase or on-track performance and expected to get paid- plenty of those around already.

Of course, NASCAR already has Scott Speed, so Danica might have some competition in the moody bitch category.

opinionated ow
09-09-09, 09:52 AM
Danikers is at least 'muricun. They'll put her through Redneck Racecar Driver 101 and before you know it she'll be droppin' her 'g's' and sayin' things like..."My Peak Performance Motorola Pappa's Ginger Ale Chevrolet was runnin' stroooong today but we just missed the setup when the track changed as more rubber was put down. Lookin' forward ta next week at Talladega! Hopin' ta have a good race there!". :gomer:

Or my favourite..."we had a top 25 car today."

Indy
09-09-09, 10:16 AM
:rofl: Rumor has it that there is indeed one and that a certain sort-of-famous driver had/ has it. ;-) Not exactly sex tape, but her dancing around naked while completely hammered. Another sort-of-famous driver that raced in the UK while she was there told me about it. I took it with a grain of salt, but it sounded interesting.

Sounds nasty. :yuck:

Wait until she is in the hilljack series and I'll bet the Frances pay to have that thing released.

Methanolandbrats
09-09-09, 10:35 AM
She a mid-packer at best in open wheel and she does'nt have a Redneck Pedigree (Mikey, Dale Jr, all those ****ing Bodines and Wallaces, etc...). She'll never turn a wheel in the elite cab series. She'll flame out in cab lite when she runs at the back, tears up equipment and stomps around like a three year old.

Sean Malone
09-09-09, 10:55 AM
She a mid-packer at best in open wheel and she does'nt have a Redneck Pedigree (Mikey, Dale Jr, all those ****ing Bodines and Wallaces, etc...). She'll never turn a wheel in the elite cab series. She'll flame out in cab lite when she runs at the back, tears up equipment and stomps around like a three year old.

That's how it should pan out...but I'm sure there are a few sponsors that are dying to get at least a season or two out of her in 'cup' and will make sure she's in there. Sounds like Stewart can't wait either.

Methanolandbrats
09-09-09, 11:18 AM
NASCAR is still a good ol' boy stronghold and the only position in NASCAR open to women is knob polisher.

Sean Malone
09-09-09, 11:53 AM
NASCAR is still a good ol' boy stronghold and the only position in NASCAR open to women is knob polisher.

That's why I enjoy watching them chew up and spit out the outsiders who think they will break the barriers and become...*da da daa* Super Race Car Star! You just know that the delusions of grandeur around the Allmendoucher and Spudd dinner tables were hysterical. Imagine the disappointment as the years go by. The only negative is the perception by the media and the NASCAR fans that forumula racing is stepping stone level, but considering all we have left is the IRL...I guess it is. Reality sucks.

Fio1
09-09-09, 12:51 PM
:rofl:The funny thing is you are right. If you listen to Scott Speed he's starting to talk like that.

But, you know they will f*** with her big time. Get her lose, not want to dance with her (draft), knock her against the wall, etc, etc. ;)

JohnHKart
09-09-09, 01:16 PM

Sara Palin would fit in perfect. That's how she talks.

Easy
09-09-09, 01:24 PM

A number of stories of a lascivious nature made the rounds in the late 90's while she was in the UK; F1 drivers, F3 team bosses, etc. I assume some level of jealousy and high school type rumor mongering from the boys not getting the same attention as her but where there is smoke there's usually fire.

I heard a couple items from a now "sort-of-famous driver that raced in the UK while she was there" as well. Wonder if we're talking about the same guy? He didn't make it too far in single-seaters but seems to have a long career ahead of him.

Sean Malone
09-09-09, 01:35 PM
:rofl:The funny thing is you are right. If you listen to Scott Speed he's starting to talk like that.

But, you know they will f*** with her big time. Get her lose, not want to dance with her (draft), knock her against the wall, etc, etc. ;)

I think you're right. If we thought her tantrums were bad in the IRL...they will be magnificent in NASCAR.

They will tear her up so bad her head will be spinning for years.

stroker
09-09-09, 02:49 PM

"oh, hellllllllllllllll no..."

DagoFast
09-09-09, 07:36 PM
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa208/grungexx/100_9656.jpg

Whoo boy! Them boys at Racer did a magnificent job of photo-shopping fans in to that piccy! :gomer:

opinionated ow
09-09-09, 08:11 PM
Whoo boy! Them boys at Racer did a magnificent job of photo-shopping fans in to that piccy! :gomer:

HAHA. That photo just emphasises the attractiveness of Miss Katherine even when she doesn't expect to be photographed. <3

pchall
09-09-09, 10:41 PM
HAHA. That photo just emphasises the attractiveness of Miss Katherine even when she doesn't expect to be photographed. <3

Being a nice person at heart cannot be photoshopped. :)

Indy
09-10-09, 11:35 AM

Yeah, them evil champ car fans never talk about our races that do good. Which Indy Car race was that?

DagoFast
09-10-09, 12:55 PM
Yeah, them evil champ car fans never talk about our races that do good. Which Indy Car race was that?

All of em! :tony::gomer:

We's being paid big monies to be on a secret major cable sports network for the next 9 years toooo!

Fio1
09-10-09, 05:13 PM
Is Racer Magazine still around? Haven't seen a magazine on the news stands in over a year.

oddlycalm
09-10-09, 07:56 PM
:rofl: Princess sparklepony

im on the floor right now...best name ever on here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't take credit for it, I lifted it from someone else. Can't remember who, maybe Pete or Nappy...?

I agree though, it was an instant classic regardless of who coined it. :laugh:

oc

TKGAngel
09-10-09, 08:09 PM
Is Racer Magazine still around? Haven't seen a magazine on the news stands in over a year.

It is. The mom unit used to get a copy until they tried to charge her $35 for a one year renewal.

pchall
09-10-09, 09:29 PM
Can't take credit for it, I lifted it from someone else. Can't remember who, maybe Pete or Nappy...?

oc

It wasn't me being all snarky for Princess Sparklepony. But I will take credit for Princess Permapout.

G.
09-10-09, 10:34 PM

oc

earliest search here has grungex posting it first.

best nickname ever! (http://www.offcamber.net/forums/showpost.php?p=228523&postcount=36)

Indy
09-10-09, 11:41 PM
I think grungex stoled it from Meatlocker.

grungex
09-11-09, 12:06 AM
I definitely stole it from somebody, I cannot lie. The picture of Miss Katherine is all mine, however.

Methanolandbrats
09-11-09, 10:37 AM
Hillbillies are getting all lathered up ....it's on
http://www.nascar.com/2009/news/features/09/10/track.smack.richmond.chase/1.html

Fio1
09-11-09, 08:19 PM
It is. The mom unit used to get a copy until they tried to charge her $35 for a one year renewal.

I went to the web-site and they were asking $49.95. I fell off my chair laughing! I get motor sport from the UK for that. I won't pay $12 a year for Racer to be honest with you. I guess advertising isn't working out for them. Man, do I miss On Track!

emjaya
09-11-09, 09:19 PM
Hillbillies are getting all lathered up ....it's on
http://www.nascar.com/2009/news/features/09/10/track.smack.richmond.chase/1.html

Raygan Swan: With only 17 races on the IndyCar schedule I guess it is possible. The travel will be crazy, and she'll have less time to pose for FHM spreads in her underwear, but yes, it is possible.

Raygan Swan: At the end of the day, I don't care what she does, I just don't want to see her half-dressed on a poster board at Wal-Mart pitching whatever sponsor she ends up with.

:laugh:

High Sided
09-12-09, 07:39 AM
0TtWasvuH2Y

Gnam
09-12-09, 01:45 PM
Hitler in a Danica t-shirt. :rofl::thumbup:

TKGAngel
09-12-09, 02:57 PM
I went to the web-site and they were asking $49.95. I fell off my chair laughing! I get motor sport from the UK for that. I won't pay $12 a year for Racer to be honest with you. I guess advertising isn't working out for them. Man, do I miss On Track!

I looked at their circulation information, and they're just over 31,000 copies, which includes subscriptions, newsstand and bulk (12/08 ABC statement). I don't know what their 2009 ad rates are, but their 2008 ones are really cheap.

Raygan Swan is forgetting Option #3: the reverse Erin Crocker. How long before Princess Sparklepony dumps the hubby to hook up with her team owner?