PDA

View Full Version : Fisichella to Ferrari

High Sided
09-03-09, 10:48 AM
http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news/detail/090903155606.shtml

Sean Malone
09-03-09, 10:58 AM
Ah, an Italian in a Ferrari. It's been awhile. If he pulls off a win there will be many parties in Rome, I'm sure.

Also, Fisi and Button are good examples that sometimes it pays to hang in there with a crap car/team. It seems most of the time these drivers get so caught up in the "I can only win with McLaren or Ferrari... I quit if I can't drive for them" attitude.

STD
09-03-09, 11:32 AM
:laugh:

rosawendel
09-03-09, 11:44 AM
good for him. it should make for an interesting finish of the season for them.

it's gotta be worth a lot to him to take the seat for only four races - if i'm reading the reports right, he'll end up withering on the vine as a reserve driver after that...

Methanolandbrats
09-03-09, 12:34 PM
Mallya is a really nice guy :).............I wonder how big the check was?

Gnam
09-03-09, 01:02 PM
Mallya is a really nice guy :).............I wonder how big the check was?

Aren't Williams and Force India the only teams not in FOTA? Maybe this will make it easier for Mallya's squad to join the club.

Good for Fisi. :thumbup:

Fio1
09-03-09, 01:25 PM
WTF? What, P.L Martini wasn't available? What about Gianni Morbidelli? What are the prerequisites for being a Ferrari F1 driver to replace Massa; to have been Minardi driver in the 90's? Who's next, Esteban Tuero?

I'll laugh when both Force India's out qualify Fisichella at Monza. Hey at the end of the day, we now know that Fisichella will not be on the F1 grid in 2010!

I'm glad Luizi gets a race seat now. Hopefully!

Sean Malone
09-03-09, 01:29 PM
WTF? What, P.L Martini wasn't available? What about Gianni Morbidelli? What are the prerequisites for being a Ferrari F1 driver to replace Massa; to have been Minardi driver in the 90's? Who's next, Esteban Tuero?

I'll laugh when both Force India's out qualify Fisichella at Monza. Hey at the end of the day, we now know that Fisichella will not be on the F1 grid in 2010!

I'm glad Luizi gets a race seat now. Hopefully!

Considering Kimi won in Spa...I seriously doubt Fisi will be out qualed by Force. :shakehead

cameraman
09-03-09, 02:09 PM
You might remember that the Force India handily out-qualified the Ferarri at Spa and it was only the KERS powered uphill drag after the safety car where Kimi was clearly faster. For the rest of the race Kimi was unable to pull out any kind of lead.

EVL29
09-03-09, 02:43 PM
Ah, an Italian in a Ferrari. It's been awhile.

Ummm,about 4 days methinks.

Michaelhatesfans
09-03-09, 02:52 PM
WTF? What, P.L Martini wasn't available?

Easy, there - don't mess with my man Pierluigi! The dude put a Minardi on the front row and took a win at Le Mans, after all.:cool:

Sean Malone
09-03-09, 03:00 PM
Ummm,about 4 days methinks.

Hell, Ferrari didn't even count him.

Sean Malone
09-03-09, 03:03 PM
You might remember that the Force India handily out-qualified the Ferarri at Spa and it was only the KERS powered uphill drag after the safety car where Kimi was clearly faster. For the rest of the race Kimi was unable to pull out any kind of lead.

While it was Fisi who was dogging the Ferrari who will now be in a Ferrari while Sutil sucked wind in the back with a test driver taking Fisi's spot...I stick to my prediction...Both Ferrari's out qualify both Force in Monza.

What's the bet?

Fio1
09-04-09, 12:43 AM
While it was Fisi who was dogging the Ferrari who will now be in a Ferrari while Sutil sucked wind in the back with a test driver taking Fisi's spot...I stick to my prediction...Both Ferrari's out qualify both Force in Monza.

What's the bet?

It would be difficult for both of 1 team to out qualify both of the other. They'll probably end up splitting each other; like SPA. How about 1 Force India out qualifying both Ferrari's? Considering Force India has always been the fastest car in a straight-line, I think it's a safe bet!

Sean Malone
09-04-09, 12:52 PM
It would be difficult for both of 1 team to out qualify both of the other. They'll probably end up splitting each other; like SPA. How about 1 Force India out qualifying both Ferrari's? Considering Force India has always been the fastest car in a straight-line, I think it's a safe bet!

It would be difficult? I'm not following your comment...Both Ferrari's out qualified both Force cars at every race this year except Germany and Spa.
I will be very, strike that, extremely surprised if one of the Force cars splits the Ferrari's.

Easy
09-04-09, 03:13 PM
Driver moves or not Force India should have one of their stronger weekends at Monza given their top end efficiency. Although I guess we learned a bit about how good Sutil really is last weekend.

Gnam
09-04-09, 03:31 PM
Won't all the teams be in low downforce trim for Monza? Seems like that would limit Forza India's advantage. Plus now that they've challenged Ferrari, penalities/fines/suspensions will be coming. ;)

Fio1
09-04-09, 08:38 PM
Force India have always been super quick on fast tracks. And, without testing at Monza before the weekend things will be difficult for most of the teams. I think Force India have an advantage. If it doesn't rain, then I'm betting 1 Force India out qualifies Kimi & Fisico at Monza!

Sean Malone
09-04-09, 09:37 PM
Force India have always been super quick on fast tracks. And, without testing at Monza before the weekend things will be difficult for most of the teams. I think Force India have an advantage. If it doesn't rain, then I'm betting 1 Force India out qualifies Kimi & Fisico at Monza!

It's an engine track and I do expect the Mercedes to top the charts. I can't wait! I love Monza!

Hard Driver
09-08-09, 05:16 PM
Good for Fisi....

The guy has always wanted to drive a Ferrari... Just to drive one race for the red team will be the highlight of his life, so I am happy for him..

Fisi may not be Michael Schumacher, but the guy is a good race car driver. He put a force india on pole last week, I think that counts for some skill.

trish
09-12-09, 08:58 AM
Not doing so hot in qualifying. Maybe they're using Badoer's setup?

Sean Malone
09-12-09, 09:59 AM
I was hoping for a better run from Fisi but I have a feeling they told him to not to put the car in the wall again. Good job for Sutil, Force India is making a statement.
6 Mercedes in the top 7.

Gnam
09-12-09, 01:33 PM
...I stick to my prediction...Both Ferrari's out qualify both Force in Monza.

What's the bet?

$1,000,000 :gomer:

If Sutil finishes second does he get a Ferrari too? ;)

Sean Malone
09-12-09, 04:27 PM
$1,000,000 :gomer:

If Sutil finishes second does he get a Ferrari too? ;)

Force India = The Brawn Racing of F1...oh wait. :gomer:

Methanolandbrats
09-12-09, 04:40 PM
Force India = The Brawn Racing of F1...oh wait. :gomer:

Too bad they did'nt name it Team Sacred Bull Racing. :D

Fio1
09-12-09, 10:20 PM
So, what is better for an Italian driver; being on pole at Monza in a Force India with a chance to win, or 14th in a Ferrari struggling to get into the points? I guess the later. :saywhat::rofl::thumdown:

Easy
09-14-09, 01:30 AM
So, what is better for an Italian driver; being on pole at Monza in a Force India with a chance to win, or 14th in a Ferrari struggling to get into the points? I guess the later. :saywhat::rofl::thumdown:

He and Alesi took similar approaches to their careers and it I think it limited the overall achievements for both of them. I don't believe either had the stuff for WDCs but they each could have won more GPs with a more practical execution of their F1 lives.

Remember Alesi turned down Williams in the 90s to drive for Ferrari. Although I'm sure though the Scuderia's horrible race strategy and neglect to bring out all 4 tires on pit stops made up for the slow cars.

In the end though, I'd wager Alesi is happier with his single GP win for Ferrari than multiple wins in a Williams and Fisi is happy for his time there even if it cost another GP win or even another couple seasons as a Grand Prix driver.

Rogue Leader
09-14-09, 07:42 AM
He and Alesi took similar approaches to their careers and it I think it limited the overall achievements for both of them. I don't believe either had the stuff for WDCs but they each could have won more GPs with a more practical execution of their F1 lives.

Remember Alesi turned down Williams in the 90s to drive for Ferrari. Although I'm sure though the Scuderia's horrible race strategy and neglect to bring out all 4 tires on pit stops made up for the slow cars.

In the end though, I'd wager Alesi is happier with his single GP win for Ferrari than multiple wins in a Williams and Fisi is happy for his time there even if it cost another GP win or even another couple seasons as a Grand Prix driver.

This i highly agree with. I am of Italian descent and born here to a family that has some members interested in racing. To be an Italian and drive in F1 for Ferrari..... its second to becoming the Pope... maybe.

That said, while I don't think Fisi has the stuff to be a WDC, Alesi could definitely have taken the fight to Senna in 91, and maybe triumphed like Mansell did in 92..... Who knows???

Fio1
09-14-09, 11:05 AM
The Alesi scenario is not 100% true. i.e he did not pick Ferrari over Williams on a whim.

Here is what Alesi said in F1 Racing magazine a few months ago.

"The first time Ferrari approached me I said no, because I had an option with Williams. When I signed it, though, I thought it was a cast-iron contract. Frank Said, "we've got an option in the contract but it's not a real option. I want you, you'll drive for me." The contract said he had to announce it at the French grand prix but, by then he was chasing Senna as well. My contract said I would be number one driver, so he knew there would be problems. He put me on standby and said we'd wait until September. But I didn't want to wait that long because if he didn't take up the option in September, I couldn't go to a top team. I forced the issue and said if he didn't announce the deal at the next race, I'd go to another team. He said, "Ferrari want you." I said that it did not matter who, just announce it. And he said no."

There you have it, from Jean Alesi himself. Why would he wait if Williams really wanted Senna? You know Senna would not have allowed Alesi as him teammate, number 1 or not. Therefore, Alesi had to sign for Ferrari, or he would have risked being left out in the cold and being stuck in Tyrrell again. Ya, now we know Williams didn't sign Senna then, but how can you foresee that? Alesi did the right thing at that particular moment.

STD
09-14-09, 03:55 PM
It would have been better to have stayed with Uncle Ken another year.

opinionated ow
09-14-09, 09:33 PM
Apparently the excessive engine braking with the KERS system needs test days to be able to handle. Supposedly that was Fisi's problem. I reckon just jumping into an unfamiliar car and driving it at 340km/h takes balls.

Fio1
09-15-09, 03:13 AM
Apparently the excessive engine braking with the KERS system needs test days to be able to handle. Supposedly that was Fisi's problem. I reckon just jumping into an unfamiliar car and driving it at 340km/h takes balls.

Same with Luca Badoer. And, he never drove a 2009 style car and hasn't raced in 9 season. Therefore, didn't so bad after all.

Fio1
09-18-09, 01:17 AM
OK here we go. Here is a sign that world has complete gone nuts: http://cgi.ebay.it/Giancarlo-Fisichella-eau-de-toilette-100-ml-spray_W0QQitemZ180403740411QQcmdZViewItemQQptZProf umi?hash=item2a00e69efb&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

pchall
09-18-09, 06:50 AM
OK here we go. Here is a sign that world has complete gone nuts: http://cgi.ebay.it/Giancarlo-Fisichella-eau-de-toilette-100-ml-spray_W0QQitemZ180403740411QQcmdZViewItemQQptZProf umi?hash=item2a00e69efb&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Who wants to smell of Fishyfella? :rolleyes:

BarillaGirl
09-18-09, 03:07 PM
No fish were harmed in the making of this cologne.

Sean Malone
09-18-09, 03:35 PM
No fish were harmed in the making of this cologne.

New blood! Woohoo!:)

BarillaGirl
09-18-09, 03:44 PM
New blood! Woohoo!:)

...and the land sharks begin to circle. ;)

pchall
09-18-09, 03:48 PM
Candygram!

Sean Malone
09-18-09, 04:04 PM
...and the land sharks begin to circle. ;)

We don't get out much...but we're pretty well behaved. Welcome!:thumbup:

pchall
09-18-09, 04:08 PM
Speak for yourself. ;)

STD
09-21-09, 11:24 AM
Paolo fan?

Michaelhatesfans
09-21-09, 12:22 PM
Paolo fan?

Not to be confused with Vittorio Brambilla, the Monza Gorilla.
:cool:

STD
09-21-09, 04:58 PM
Thought of Vittorio as well. :laugh:

And he didn't bring any Barilla sponsorship with him.

http://www.422race.com/wp-content/gallery/f1/f1-vittorio-brambilla-march.jpg

BarillaGirl
09-22-09, 09:49 AM
Here's what I want under my Barilla cap. I don't know this Paolo guy.

http://atlasf1.autosport.com/99/jan27/zanardi.jpg

STD
09-23-09, 09:15 PM
Paolo Barilla, F1 driver (sort of) a fairly successful sportscar driver... Winner of the 1985 24 hours of Le Mans , a heir to the Barilla family business.

http://cfm.globalf1.net/wpfiles/513.jpg

Klaus Ludwig, Paulo Barilla and “John Winter” 1985

BarillaGirl
09-23-09, 09:37 PM
Hmm, maybe I should change my screen name? Any suggestions? :confused:

mapguy
09-24-09, 06:27 AM
Hmm, maybe I should change my screen name? Any suggestions? :confused:

KraftDinnerGirl?

Rogue Leader
09-24-09, 08:00 AM
Paolo Barilla, F1 driver (sort of) a fairly successful sportscar driver... Winner of the 1985 24 hours of Le Mans , a heir to the Barilla family business.

http://cfm.globalf1.net/wpfiles/513.jpg

Klaus Ludwig, Paulo Barilla and “John Winter” 1985

Isn't that the guy with the fake name so his wife wouldn't know hes a race car driver?

That kinda stuff is awesome and could never happen today LOL.

chop456
09-24-09, 08:10 AM
Isn't that the guy with the fake name so his wife wouldn't know hes a race car driver?

Bet she didn't know he was covered in tattoos, singing the blues and playing slide guitar, either.

EVL29
09-24-09, 04:06 PM
Or was 87 lbs.,nocturnal...and had a wicked craving for human flesh?

:cool: