PDA

View Full Version : Montoya Wins Monaco!

pchall
06-01-03, 10:01 AM
Nice place to start the bright side of his F1 career.

Now if I had only seen the race on Speed instead of suffering with that crappy T&S and commentary.

cart7
06-01-03, 10:04 AM
Great job by Juan. Hard to believe it's been 20 years since Williams last won at Monaco.

JSR
06-01-03, 10:12 AM
Outstanding job by JPM!!! :thumbup:

FRANKY
06-01-03, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by pchall
Nice place to start the bright side of his F1 career.

Now if I had only seen the race on Speed instead of suffering with that crappy T&S and commentary.

Speed was most excellent. The Renaults shot out like cannon balls. Some launch control they have.

oddlycalm
06-01-03, 07:08 PM
Good race, and fun to watch Montoya take one. Looks like Williams not only had the car but the strategy covered also.

oc

chop456
06-01-03, 07:11 PM
At least the result of what's always a crappy race made me happy.

Congrats JPM.

cartmanoz
06-02-03, 05:59 AM
Great win for JPM. Mixing blindingly fast lap-times with maturity and smoothness. Hopefully this will lead to many more race victories in the future, but the win only proved that the problem of late has been with Williams, not JPM.

Kimi also did well in second.

Ralf blew it.

Incredible reliability from the top 4 teams.

In the end, it lacked excitement but made up for it in tension. I could barely watch the last 10 laps as JPM has been so close before and I just hoped the car held together.

RTKar
06-02-03, 08:26 AM
It was a good win to see, I'm hoping he starts to bring it all together and gives Schumi a run for his money. Sunday mornings would be so much more enjoyable. Adding Kimi to the mix, maybe we can have another "golden age" in F1.

pchall
06-02-03, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by RTKar
... maybe we can have another "golden age" in F1.

Heck, I'd settle for and iron age or a brass age. For me the last half a dozen years in F1 have seemed absolutely leaden.

Ziggy
06-02-03, 11:37 AM
"what it lack in excitment it made up for in tension" tis is exactly how I felt as well! I have seen JPM lead way to many GP's only to have his care break down. I know, sometimes he breaks it himself, but none the less, it breaks!~

Kimi was like right on his gearbox, and the last couple of laps Michael was there in case something even small happened.

Very tense!

Ziggy

Jag_Warrior
06-02-03, 12:46 PM
I was really hesitant to put on my Williams hat until he was almost to the finish line. What a great performance! I was expecting the Williams team to screw up, but the only weak link in their chain on Sunday was Ralf Schumacher.

I don't care for Michael's personality anymore. But I'll give him his due... he can really wheel that car. The old dog can still hunt, but I hope he retires soon and Ferrari hires an aggressive young driver.

Lizzerd
06-02-03, 05:36 PM
I'm glad for JPM and his crew. Great job by all.

I taped the race and watched it Sunday afternoon. I watched it again on the late night re-broadcast on Speed, just to verify what I thought I (didn't) see the first time. Aside from the start, I saw not a single on-track pass for position, anywhere in the field. This is not a complaint, per se, just typical Monaco. I think it's kinda sad that the "biggest, most important" race on the F1 schedule is more of a chess match than a race.

RichK
06-02-03, 05:49 PM
This is the only street race on the planet that I never grow tired of watching. The shot of them coming at the screen and going away from the screen in the tunnel is mind-boggling. And the quick left-right ground-level shot shows just how f-ing fast these cars are. And the pressure to not screw up at this level is huge. Great stuff!

Lizzerd
06-02-03, 05:59 PM
Don't take my comments wrong, please! It is definately exciting to watch, and admire the precision and concentration (and big cahunas) required to do well there. In no way did I mean to convey that I didn't think it was an exciting race!

Cam
06-02-03, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by Lizzerd
(and big cahunas)

You mean HHUUUGGGEEEE Attachments don't you??? :D