PDA

View Full Version : Way to go

Ziggy
06-01-03, 10:00 AM
Juan!!!!

Excellent drive to the steps! Looks good with the CART title and the Indy 500 win

Ziggy

Hink
06-01-03, 06:27 PM
No way would I have picked Williams to win Monaco. This is amazing with such a maligned chassis.

RichK
06-02-03, 12:23 PM
So who else has won a CART title, Indy500 and Monaco?

Did Mario or Jacques win Monaco?

RichK
06-02-03, 02:55 PM
Okay, so looking HERE (http://www.drivernetwork.net/previous/monacogphistory.html) , it doesn't look like anyone else has done this triple! Very cool, JPM.

Lizzerd
06-02-03, 05:26 PM
On the telecast, the question was asked about the only other Indy 500 and Monaco winner. I guessed Jim Clark, but it's Graham Hill (five Monaco wins). That was a mild surprise for me.

Ziggy
06-02-03, 05:35 PM
Graham Hill is the only man to win a World Drivers Championship, Indianapolis and Le Mans. Graham had an outstanding career and left a benchmark which stands to this day. He basically owned Monaco, which many consider the jewel of the F1 calendar with a then record of five wins. His Indianapolis win was very fortuitous in the fact that JYS dropped out while leading late, and Jim Clark spun twice and then the lap scoring came into question. Im fine with it, and know several Clark fans who still think Jimmy won the 1966 race to this day. He won Le Mans in 1972 driving a Matra Simica along with Henri Pescarolo covering 4,691 kilometers

Ziggy