PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Entry List Challenged in Court

SurfaceUnits
08-18-09, 03:34 PM
Zoran Stefanovic is the man who is menacing Mosley's FIA. Entrepreneur from Belgrade, owner of AMCO, an engineering company, he was quasi-unknown to the Formula One world until when, a few days ago, he decided to drop the last bomb on Mosley's ending presidency: an official complaint to the European Commission. Stefanovic, with his Stefan Grand Prix, in fact presented a formal entry for the 2010 World Championship and thought to have all the things in place, not only for the past experiences of his company, but also for his investments (he also hired former McLaren engineer Mike Coughlan, already protagonist of the spy-story. Instead, a few days before the official decision by the Federation, he was said: "Either you'll use Cosworth engines, or you won't be in Formula One."

"It's very simple. When we spoke with Cosworth we had written information that we had to take their engine, otherwise there was no chance to be selected for 2010. Cosworth put in writing what they got from FIA. But it's not only me. You have very certain information from David Richards, also. We were waiting for him for ten days, but in the end he decide not to go to the European Commission. We are waiting for him to co-sign with us. It was told to him that he had to have Cosworth, and to Epsilon Euskadi, too. Joan Villadelprat got exactly the same information officially from Tony Purnell. No question about that. People have to realize that every procedure in an open environment, in business or in sport, has to be transparent. That's all. What I know positively is the first one speaking about going to the European Commission wasn't me, but David Richards, from Prodrive. And the same was also happening inside Epsilon Euskadi. But they were afraid, so they didn't. That's my opinion, otherwise there is no reason. When I saw that this opportunity existed, we thought again about how to do this and finally went in contact and put this complaint."

http://www.indiamotorsports.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1039:422racecom-interviews-zoran-stefanovic&catid=36:formula-1&Itemid=68

Napoleon
08-18-09, 03:45 PM
Damned attorneys.

dando
08-18-09, 03:59 PM
Damned attorneys.

Beat me to it. Vermin. :gomer: :p

-Kevin

pchall
08-19-09, 07:16 AM
If a lawyer can put a wrench in the Max & Bernie show shouldn't we applaud that? They have already run afoul of EU antitrust regulations...

datachicane
08-24-09, 08:43 PM
Methinks Nappy was being facetious.

Napoleon
08-25-09, 06:20 AM
Methinks Nappy was being facetious.

Maybe.

datachicane
08-25-09, 10:43 AM
You've befuddled'em with your crazy lawyering talk.
:gomer:

NismoZ
08-25-09, 09:16 PM
So, everybody wants a Ferrari or a Mercedes or they don't want to play?:confused: